Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
KYOSHO TR-15 Rally/TR-15/MP-7.5 opinions >

KYOSHO TR-15 Rally/TR-15/MP-7.5 opinions

KYOSHO TR-15 Rally/TR-15/MP-7.5 opinions

Old 09-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default KYOSHO TR-15 Rally/TR-15/MP-7.5 opinions

Okay....

Im really curious about this car. The rally one especially. If you look at my other post you will see that im interested in running on asphalt and grass and people are steering me towards buggies and MT's.... its all very reasonable of course. I almost got an emaxx earlier on.

but you know what.... take it as a personal whim or me just being stupid... but im not much of a truck person... im sure they are wonderful and fun cars but i just seem to have a fixation with sedans... especially rally cars Conceptually they appeal to me so much and I wish WRC was bigger here in the US.

That being said... The kyosho is interesting because the TR-15 Rally is a port of..... a buggy! The Landmax (MP7.5 looks really interesting too but is almost impossible to find!! the subaru version anyways... the only place i found it was on a JP site.)

How are these cars? Is Kyosho a good make for cars? There are alot of detractors for HPI so lets here a few opinions of Kyosho if you please hehe. There was a really good review of them in RC Car Action in the articles and I dont know how much I should trust it. Thus, im asking all of you who are knowledgable.... its a hefty chunck of change to spend and I dont want to waste my money on junk.

BTW.... haha this car is so interesting.... its TR-15... but its a sedan..... or a buggy... or a truck..... ahh i dont know what it is..... seems seems like a hybrid. I guess its just a TR-15 with just a diff shell.... anyone see this thing before?

http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyoc0105.html

But mainly im interested in the TR-15 or the MP7.5 landmax. The landmax is soooo much more expensive... is it worth it? Anyone know where I can find it? If the TR-15 isnt a bad car im considering just going with that.

thanks again..... im sorry my posts are so ridiculously long but theres just so much to ask =P so please bear with me if you will
Old 09-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

The Landmax is the one I would buy. Main reasons:

1. It is based on the very very tough and well built 1/8th buggy Kyosho 7.5. These buggies are the strongest cars in RC and are made to be abused like crazy.

2. .21 sized motor baby!! The wimpy .15 in the TR15 is really a poor thing. The .21 has torque to burn and will push your car with authority through any harsh terrain.