R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-28-2003, 08:26 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I would recommend Hitec servo's too if I had 50 of them, you use what maybe 8 of them in cars the rest are setting on selves. I races 2 and 3 times a week and in the long run hitec won't last. Airtronics and Futaba is the only thing that last for me, especially off road. I have Futaba digi's and Airtronics digi's and have not ever had a problem with them... But they are more expensive! Like the saying goes,("You get what you pay for") Some people may have good luck with them but not me. Anyone ever wonder why Hitec gives you 2 years warrany on them? I'm sure it's not because they sell the best servo. I have probably own 50 Hitec servos too, and almost everyone of them has been back to the factory for repair of some kind,usually within the first usually coreless motor troubles. Proper servo and receiver installation far more out weighs a failsafe to me. Unless you race with idiots who are always turning on their radios..
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:34 PM   #17

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I love the hitec servos. I own 4 of thema nd they work perfect on all my cars.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #18

Ugly stereo types!! LOL . 50 hitec servos and no programmer...hmmm. Hitec servos and Airtronics radio gear is for sure a NO! NO! for some reason. Been there done that! If any you Hitech lovers here would like to buy 4 5925's and 4 5645, I'll make you a deal on them!
They were just rebuilt at the factory! For what it's worth! I have no use for them!

Last edited by bbntc3; 08-28-2003 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:07 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
I would recommend Hitec servo's too if I had 50 of them, you use what maybe 8 of them in cars the rest are setting on selves. I races 2 and 3 times a week and in the long run hitec won't last. Airtronics and Futaba is the only thing that last for me, especially off road. I have Futaba digi's and Airtronics digi's and have not ever had a problem with them... But they are more expensive! Like the saying goes,("You get what you pay for") Some people may have good luck with them but not me. Anyone ever wonder why Hitec gives you 2 years warrany on them? I'm sure it's not because they sell the best servo. I have probably own 50 Hitec servos too, and almost everyone of them has been back to the factory for repair of some kind,usually within the first usually coreless motor troubles. Proper servo and receiver installation far more out weighs a failsafe to me. Unless you race with idiots who are always turning on their radios..
I own more than 15 cars, most of which use 2 servos or more, I also own numerous boats, planes, helicopters and even some static models which also use servos. All of my servos are in a vehicle of some sort, I have been using HiTec servos on a weekly basis for many years and have NEVER had a problem with them. Please don't comment on things you know nothing about. If HiTec servos weren't good, then I wouldn't buy them, it's just that simple.

In the past HiTec servos were junk, however in the past few years they really improved their products and they are top notch. It's just very unfortunate that you and many others still base your opinions on old stereotypes.

HiTec offers one of the best warranties in the industry because they stand behind their product, they believe that their products can take years of punishment without breaking, thus they are able to offer such a fantastic warranty.

I use the HiTec 5735 1/4 scale servo in my 1/5 scale car, these servos are the benchmark of the 1/5 scale industry, EVERYONE uses them because of their performance and reliability, and get this... they're digital and only 70 bucks!

Last edited by Accord; 08-28-2003 at 09:18 PM.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:14 PM   #20

Yea , I'm commenting on something I know nothing about!! LOL They maybe ok in a boat! All the big name drivers use them, don't they? If they are that good they would'nt need a 2 year warranty! LOL.. But what do I know????
Start a thread on the best servo's out there and see where they rate!!!!!

Last edited by bbntc3; 08-28-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:19 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
Yea I'm commenting on something I know nothing about!! LOL They maybe ok in a boat! All the big name drivers love them!!!!!!!! LOL
Okay, whatever, it's not worth arguing with someone like you because you obviously have no respect for the opinions of other people. I will continue to spend my hard earned money on HiTec products and your erroneous one-sided opinions will have no affect on my purchases whatsoever.

I like HiTec products and you don't, big deal, get over it and stop ruining my thread.

Last edited by Accord; 08-28-2003 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:40 PM   #22

I'm not arguing, I guess if they work for you that's great!! You'll find more people with same view as me on them. No one in my area will use them! Like I said start a servo forum and you'll see. I also had your veiw on them at one time, then, reality sit in! Used daily, they just don't hold up! After 5 years of using them, 2 and 3 times a weeks In 5 cars and trucks I do know something about them!
I too was a non believer!
And your right if they work for you use them! Hell, for the price , I guess you could'nt go wrong, at least that's what i use too tell myself.

Last edited by bbntc3; 08-28-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:13 PM   #23
Tech Adept

i have been using hitecs for quite a while and you get alot of
performance for the money with them especially the 5925 and 5945's but i do use an airtronics m8 and have had problems
with the non digital 625 servos i tried three of them AT the
lhs and all of them gave me bad jittering problems so i used a
different servo in place but the digitals seem great
anyone else have this type of experience using hitec
non digital servos with airtronics radio equipment
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #24
Tech Master

I have Hitec servo's in all my cars and I have a M8 radio. I haven't run into any problems whatsoever.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:31 PM   #25
Tech Elite

ouch!

never tried Hitec before so no comments but Venom failsafe on the other hand.. had frens who had Failed venom failsafe before.

Stick to KO if you want failsafe..
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:51 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Default Hitec Servos

ALL of my Hitec 5625/5645 servos have failed one or more times. Been REPAIRED by Hitec at least once. As I modernize the R/C fleet, they go with the sale.

My only 5925 is still going strong after 1 year and I have 5 Hitec HS03FM Receivers with never a problem.

I had a Hitec "Feather" RX in one of my Park Flyers. Could never get it to work right. Did some searching and come to find they are ALL bad. The more expensive Hitec RX's work just fine.

So now I am of the opinion is that the Quality is superb on the High End Stuff, but lacking on the lower end equipment.

What is my Favorite Brand of Servo? "JR" .

One Failure in 3+ years, and that servo was REPLACED by JR with a brand new one.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:53 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

The only receivers I ever buy are Novak XXtra's.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:58 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I just gotta say this before anyone else thinks of buying Venom prducts: DON'T!!!! Both my friend and I bought the original failsafe from them and both failed. Mine failed after installed it. It was ludicrous; I open the package, plug it in, set the pot and then no workie. I was pissed! Then the next day I found out my friend's did the same thing. I will never buy another Venom product again. PLEASE do the same.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:35 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Not for nothing...And far be it from me to start an argument...

I've run 2 Hitec digitals in my 1/8th scale Serpent veteq for 2 years.......My freinds have gone through more Futaba digitals..I'm still on my original's..

My 3 racer 2 HPI's,through 3 years of Heavy duty parking lot racing have NOT blown one servo..(Digitals AND one car has 525's)......

MY tc3's all have digital Hitecs..I've had those in there since DAY ONE......no failures...

My Super nitro has been raced HARD for 2 years with hitec digi's..again,no problem..

just stating that for every person with a problem....there are those who don't..

Hitec has been better to me in reliablity the past 3 RACING years,than Futaba was the previous 4.....

not for nothin'....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:41 AM   #30
Tech Master

Now that says it all fastharry. I also have Hitec's in 2 NTC3's, TC3, Super Nitro, RC10T3 and a RC10GT. They take a licken but keep on ticken.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote