R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-29-2003, 06:24 PM   #31
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo9000
Actually Im pretty sure the 3-speed is legal in all of the 1/8 on-road R/C's sanctioning bodies. Most guys who ran the BMT 891 went back to the stock 2-speed after they found it wasn't needed on most tracks. However, on a big track it was a trade off between passing people in the stretch or getting passed by a 2-speed car in the turns while your car is in between gears. I believe modellor can back me up on this one...as I think we've discussed it before

Its cool to see that some guys still know about the Good ol' days.
I hear you man! yes inbetween shifting hurts! but the closer gearing can make up the difference! The sad part is the 3 speed tranny needs lots of attention especially running at different track every week!
But if you run this monster at one large high bite track then every one will ask you want kind of engine you got!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 07:01 PM   #32
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo9000
Actually Im pretty sure the 3-speed is legal in all of the 1/8 on-road R/C's sanctioning bodies. Most guys who ran the BMT 891 went back to the stock 2-speed after they found it wasn't needed on most tracks. However, on a big track it was a trade off between passing people in the stretch or getting passed by a 2-speed car in the turns while your car is in between gears. I believe modellor can back me up on this one...as I think we've discussed it before

Its cool to see that some guys still know about the Good ol' days.
the snakers were laughing at pivot balls popping out of hubs when BMT first intruduced the pivot ball system.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Orfeous Send a message via AIM to Orfeous Send a message via MSN to Orfeous Send a message via Yahoo to Orfeous

old thread i know but i just wanted to say that i also got a BMT 941 upgraded to Active 95R.

http://umea.mine.nu/~anton/gallery/m...m&g2_itemId=16

I have cleaned it up now after i took the pictures
but i havent tried to start the engine.

An old Mugen 3.5cc (Tuned by M.Collari)
Orfeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo9000
Actually Im pretty sure the 3-speed is legal in all of the 1/8 on-road R/C's sanctioning bodies.
I too thought they were made illegal way back when but I looked it up and 3-speed is legit according to ROAR.

5.2.5 Multiple speed transmissions are not allowed unless noted in the class rules.

1/8 on-road fuel (IFMAR class)

9.4.9.4 Transmission: Single, two or three-speed.

BTW, a 3-speed is also ok to run in the monster truck class though I haven't seen one.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote