R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Lightbulb 1/8th INFERNO GT Racing Series

Is there any actual oganized class for the Inferno GT and OFNA Ultra GTX (or the DM-One) style 1/8th GT cars? Do you know if they have a rules package. The information I really need asap pertains to bodies, wings etc.

If anyone can steer me to a web site or a person who's knowledgable on this topic I'd really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend!

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Dale,

You're kidding right

Who woke you up
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Jspeed;

...I'll tell ya who....my bank manager.

Dale - Protoform
Old 07-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Dale - give me a call at Honda House on Monday. The Ontario 1/8 On Road Racing Club will be running these on our new Track. They are running these at the RC PRO Series and MidWest Series - John
ElliotCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Hello Dale..

They are running it as a class in the Florida state series this year. They are still working out rules. The rules need to be hammered out with the way that Kyosho has it for the "GT" class because thier new car isn't legal with the rules they have now. From what I am hearing, It is going to be more about engine and pipe, but at this point who knows....

Are you working on a body for the car? A Honda Accord or a Mazda body would be cool!

James Burrows
Old 07-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think that it would be nice if someone would stepup to the plate and make some better rules to suit all the different makes of cars so the rules are not just exclusive to the IGT cars. Is a fun class and very ecnomical for the first time racer. However people are going to want to convert buggies and buy the Ofna's and next thing you know it won't be spec anymore.

I think if we make a spec class and a open class which I think that is what they are doing in Florida right now and make rules for both I think that this would take off like the Trans Am series has in electric.

I feel the pro series rules are way to vague a lot of the rules I think can be manipulated to suit you. Also the rule of only certain tire brand is not good either.

I think if the class could be ironed out just a little more this class would take off even more than it already has.

Jamee
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Tech Elite

I think the basic rules for the Spec classes should be to try to keep all the cars as box stock as possible.

Things like toe in-out, shock & diff oils, servos, recievers, tires & bodies only make the racing close, fair, economical and should be allowed.

The basic idea should be to keep mega-money motors,pipes & clutches from being allowed.

Now here in Florida we have offered "Open" classes, but so far very few have shown up at the tracks to race.

Word on the street is Roar is working on some rules these days, we'll have to see if they understand the true spirit of these new classes, lower cost.

This new form of racing is where set-up, driver ability and a dose of good luck wins races; not the cubic dollars approach that exists in all other forms of on-road RC racing.

Time will tell if the "powers that be" can get a grasp of these basic concepts.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Dale, about the rules for (IGT or GTP) class, would be similar to 1/10 with exception to the rules about motor choice.
Bodies.. My wish would be that Protoform would make a DNA style touring car or something like a stratus style body. I have both the Ofna and Kyosho car and It would be nice to have something better than what those two companies have to offer. Make some good bodies for us!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Dale,
Please make some more bodies for the Inferno GT. Their is a New IGT coming out with a longer wheelbase. I have a feeling Kyosho will stop making bodies for the original IGT. I am not your bank manager, but it would be cool if you can make some bodies for the old and New IGT. Kyosho sells the bodies for $50-$60 at the local hobby store and those are clear and come with decals. The ones from Kyosho that are painted, trimmed, and decaled sell for approx. $110. I assume you could make some $$$ on these.
How about a new Dodge Challenger!
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Help is on the way guys! Seriously. What do you all think about a body that resembles the GTR in the attached photo? It would have a similar silhouette and profile?

Question: will it be ok to have a lexan wing that is slightly (maybe 1/8th in.) higher than the roof height. Would that be legal? I much appreciate the input you've all given thus far. I'm a bit green when it comes to this class of rc car.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Dale - Protoform
Attached Thumbnails
1/8th INFERNO GT Racing Series-gtr.jpg  
Old 07-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Mr Epp: What I would realy like to see is that you revive that DODGE MAGNUM that went into hiding into an 1/8th scale body for the IGT Maybe DODGE has came off thier cloud by now.

when I was writing this, you posted the post with the body....I mean no disrespect!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Sign me up for one...... COOL BODY!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

nice
#2 world ranked turn marshal and #1 in your hearts.
PullMyFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
Mr Epp: What I would realy like to see is that you revive that DODGE MAGNUM that went into hiding into an 1/8th scale body for the IGT Maybe DODGE has came off thier cloud by now.

when I was writing this, you posted the post with the body....I mean no disrespect!
Wow James!
You have a GT RTR car now?

Why the sudden “Flip Flop” of the heart?

I guess we’ll be seeing you at the next “Spec Class” money race at SS Speedway & during the Forgass season too.

See ya in the “A-Main”
Old 07-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Help is on the way guys! Seriously. What do you all think about a body that resembles the GTR in the attached photo? It would have a similar silhouette and profile?

Question: will it be ok to have a lexan wing that is slightly (maybe 1/8th in.) higher than the roof height. Would that be legal? I much appreciate the input you've all given thus far. I'm a bit green when it comes to this class of rc car.

Thanks for the help thus far.

Dale - Protoform
Looks real cool Dale.

Go big on the wing, these cars need it, the "rule-makers" should consult with the fast guys racing these cars today.