R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #16
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default






__________________
[KYOSHO] [NOVAROSSI] [TEAM MAGIC G4RS] [O.S SPEED T.Z SPEC II] [SPEKTRUM DX3R]
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #17
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

What servo are you using and are you using the standard radio gear??

Throw the GXR away and get an O.S TG .12 or the Novarossi N12TS1/RT. Both are rear exhaust and you can get the O.S TG with pullstart and still use your normal clutch system. a million times better than the standard motor.
__________________
[KYOSHO] [NOVAROSSI] [TEAM MAGIC G4RS] [O.S SPEED T.Z SPEC II] [SPEKTRUM DX3R]
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #18
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 24
Default

nice upgrades you got there. i cant find the motors your talking about on any sites? yep still standard radio gear, until the 8 2.0 rtr comes out anyway. what seros would you recomend?


*EDIT*
I was thinking of rebuilding the diffs have you had any expeirence there?
Christopherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #19
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
What servo are you using and are you using the standard radio gear??

Throw the GXR away and get an O.S TG .12 or the Novarossi N12TS1/RT. Both are rear exhaust and you can get the O.S TG with pullstart and still use your normal clutch system. a million times better than the standard motor.
Renault_Tech

A rear exhaust engine will always be better than a side exhaust but you should be sure to tell them the added cost they will incure (Pipe, rear exhaust manifold and bump box, and battery) before telling them to throw away their standard motor. They Put the side exhaust engine in most Ready-to-Run cars to make it cheaper and so the car is ready to run out the box, ala pullstart. With that said most of the Kyosho motors are crap but he should keep it at least until he gett the hang of tunning and troubleshooting it. Then upgrade when hes ready to race seriously.
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #20
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Yeah i started typing that all up when the pc froze and i couldnt be bothered starting it up again. It is more than just the engine. clutch, starter box, pipe, manifold, engine mounts all come into it. Aswell as upgrading the ring gears on the diffs as they cast items strip. Replace them with the steel ones.
__________________
[KYOSHO] [NOVAROSSI] [TEAM MAGIC G4RS] [O.S SPEED T.Z SPEC II] [SPEKTRUM DX3R]
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice
 
runenetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Golden Square, Australia
Posts: 54
Default Thanks

Turns out twas rich still n now i leaned it the issue is resolved. Thanks heaps for the reply's.
What engine would be best to replace the gxr with? How much modification is involved with the novarossi being a rear exhaust? How do RB engines stack up, n do they fit the fwo6 easily
runenetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #22
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Any .12 motor can be fitted. If you get one with an SG crank (which all decent motors are fitted with) you will need a 3D clutch such as Kyosho part number VS035. If you get a bump start motor you will also need a starter box. Engine mounts will be needed also. Here are two engines i recommend for you and what will be needed.

Novarossi N12TS1/RT
- Engine mounts
- 3D clutch
- Rear exhaust system EFRA 2601
- starter box and batteries

RB C12
- Engine mounts
- 3D clutch
- use your exhaust system as the C12 is a side exhaust pullstart motor.
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Renault_Tech:

Where did you get the engine mounts, centex clutch and clutchbell from? And would you have the part numbers to make it easier?

Thanks in advance!
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Renault_Tech:

Where did you get the engine mounts, centex clutch and clutchbell from? And would you have the part numbers to make it easier?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Bundy, i got the clutch and clutchbell from one of the guys at my club but i can give you a list of part numbers to help you.

Engine mounts for bumpstart motors - VS030
Centax clutch - VS035 (comes with clutchbell and you only need pinions)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KYOSHO-3D-CLU...3286.m20.l1116
Thats the cheapest one i could find for you. RCHobbies has these for $200
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
Hey Bundy, i got the clutch and clutchbell from one of the guys at my club but i can give you a list of part numbers to help you.

Engine mounts for bumpstart motors - VS030
Centax clutch - VS035 (comes with clutchbell and you only need pinions)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KYOSHO-3D-CLU...3286.m20.l1116
Thats the cheapest one i could find for you. RCHobbies has these for $200
Renault_Tech:

Thanks for the info... what teeth steel gears are you using? And do you know if the 3D clutch off my V1RRR Evo WCE will work? Guess the clutchbell might be different!
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 AM   #26
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

The clutchbell wont work. You might be able to use the RRR clutch and just replace the clutchbell. I originally bought the Sirio power clutch and the only part that didnt work out was the clutch bell. Im using 21/27t pinions,
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:28 AM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
The clutchbell wont work. You might be able to use the RRR clutch and just replace the clutchbell. I originally bought the Sirio power clutch and the only part that didnt work out was the clutch bell. Im using 21/27t pinions,
Cheers mate

What about the steel crown and pinion gears?

Thanks in advance!
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:53 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
Renault_Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

They are dirty drug money items. RC hobbies has them for $110 a set and you need 2 sets but i can get steel 40T sets for $75 from my LHS and mail them to you if you cant find them locally. They are a discontinued item and hard to find. RC champ didnt even have any....
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #29
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
Yeah i started typing that all up when the pc froze and i couldnt be bothered starting it up again. It is more than just the engine. clutch, starter box, pipe, manifold, engine mounts all come into it. Aswell as upgrading the ring gears on the diffs as they cast items strip. Replace them with the steel ones.

So what are the ring gears made of? They feel pretty heavy so I thought they were already made of Steel....or is it that the ring gears on the FW-06 are different from the ring gears on the FW-05RR?
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
They are dirty drug money items. RC hobbies has them for $110 a set and you need 2 sets but i can get steel 40T sets for $75 from my LHS and mail them to you if you cant find them locally. They are a discontinued item and hard to find. RC champ didnt even have any....
Hi

Thanks for that info... Why the hell would Kyosho discontinue such an important upgrade!

Ohhh well, looks like belt drive cars are the only option now!
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:28 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net