R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-22-2003, 06:03 AM   #1
Tech Chat Moderator

Thumbs down R/C Nitrous kit only $125

The long wait is over. There is now a nitrous oxide kit for r/c vehicles. NO way would i spend $125 on it but that's not the point. Check out the site for infromation and video http://www.jagrc.com . I dont know anything about this nitrous kit, just thought i'd let everyone know about it.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: R/C Nitrous kit only $125

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRagunCajun
The long wait is over. There is now a nitrous oxide kit for r/c vehicles. NO way would i spend $125 on it but that's not the point. Check out the site for infromation and video http://www.jagrc.com . I dont know anything about this nitrous kit, just thought i'd let everyone know about it.
Wow! Instant HP at any given time, eh?

cool...
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 06:48 AM   #3
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jugging by the T-MAXX video on the rollers, the thing seems to work very well. I wonder how this thing will affect an engines' durability. Maybe it will cost a P/S every time you switch it on.
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

2f2f4u!! Man thats exactly what my monster truck needs to run 10's
But serously..i gotta check it out before i knock it.
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy

well matbe if they ran some fuel that didn't look like mud they wouldn't need NO2
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 02:33 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Default NO2 for our engines? Naaaah

The stress of having a shot of NO2 into your cars can be quite expensive (think on gouged pistons, chewed conrods and other horrible things that can happen into your engine).

Actually we're running about 17:1 compression ratios on your engines. A shot of nitrous can raise up to stratospheric values (better to not think).

Not counting on the Ultra ultra lean condition that can be caused on our engines (forget of shoting on an engine running at 250F a dose of gas). Results can be real scary and a huge meltdown.

Any volunteers?
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 04:03 PM   #7
Tech Chat Moderator

Dang man, i'm sure your speaking from personal esperience with this exact system as in the link above.......riiiight?
Old 08-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: NO2 for our engines? Naaaah

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
The stress of having a shot of NO2 into your cars can be quite expensive (think on gouged pistons, chewed conrods and other horrible things that can happen into your engine).

Actually we're running about 17:1 compression ratios on your engines. A shot of nitrous can raise up to stratospheric values (better to not think).

Not counting on the Ultra ultra lean condition that can be caused on our engines (forget of shoting on an engine running at 250F a dose of gas). Results can be real scary and a huge meltdown.

Any volunteers?
Sound is cool, looks cool too. And there is way to install one more servo to control top end needle for use with NOS (make mix with valve on NOS valve servo). It will not increase compression ratio at all. But Cors is right, it most likely will overstress engine (momentarely increse power), will be bunch of broken conrods, blew up heads etc and finaly what is the benefit of it? It can be use on long streightway. No, I wouldn't even consider to try it. In most cases we don't know how to manage existing power well, so why we need uncontroled extra.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 09:30 PM   #9
Tech Adept

I have run n2o in my real car. when you activate the n2o it adds oxygen wich will lean out the engine, all this system is doing is leaning out the engine(probably to any unsafe temp) I could acomplish the same with the twist of a screwdriver, and even though the nitrous will cool the engine (slightly) there is NO oil getting to the the engine when it is suffering the most (high rpm).
Im pretty shure that would lead to an engine lasting less than a gallon.

Also I have a felling that if you are looking at such a system that it is just an excusee for your bad driving or poor car maintince, a clean car is a happy car and a happy car is a fast car.
B patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:37 AM   #10
Tech Master

with the nitrous molecules even start to break down at 260 degrees F?

BTW, N20, not NO2

i belive NO2 is nitrogen dioxide

Last edited by me43; 08-23-2003 at 01:46 AM.
me43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 01:52 AM   #11
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default JEEEZ!!

Today's high performance nitro racing engines are already almost on the verge of blowing up as it is.

This NO2 system will just bring them to that point.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 03:20 AM   #12
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default ....

Read this thread fellas... its from radio control zone about this system... the guy who made it is a member of radio control zone forums... and i aint to convinced.
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=137868
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 04:35 AM   #13
Tech Chat Moderator

Ok guys yall call chill out and clam down with the negative responses. I know damn well you guys know what ya talking about because you explain your reasons for the stuff yall say. This along with turbo chargers and super chargers have been discused like crazy back in the day. I posted the link just to info people that there was a kit available. IMO it will never replace a well tuned engine and driving skills. If somebody needs a shot if "instant hp" to win a race, then this person needs to practice driving. From what i can see the system is just another toy.

It seems to be marketed toward the t-maxx. People spend thousands of dollars on there tmaxx and im sure wouldnt mind spending 125$ on something else that there tmaxx doesnt need. Im sure many many people would buy this "hop up" if they had money to throw away on something they didnt need....many do it already.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:51 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Is there anyone registered in the jagrc forums yet? Thats where you find out all the good schtuff.

After looking at the pics a bit more I just had to laugh. The whole thing looks so crude... Looks like a 125.00 hack job.
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 09:13 AM   #15
Tech Regular

Default Re: R/C Nitrous kit only $125

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRagunCajun
coolman but does this work"s .. any effect on engine???
poolman51 is offline   Reply With Quote