Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

They were made by Sirio under GRP's name.

At least, that is what the original press release said way back when. It stated that most of the components would be made by Star. Of course, I can't find that anywhere now. It's old news.

Last edited by wingracer; 08-14-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Anyways, seems like the US boys have bigger problems than tires.
LOL...clueless. Yeah US drivers have had problems in the worlds....Josh and Toso have Tq'd and or been near the top at the last, what??? 3-4 worlds?:ro lleyes:
Old 08-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Thanks to all that post.Good luck to the U S A team.
I hope yall do as well as our swim team.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
They were made by Sirio under GRP's name.

At least, that is what the original press release said way back when. It stated that most of the components would be made by Star. Of course, I can't find that anywhere now. It's old news.
Erm, they all spawned off from NovaRossi.

Andrea Rossi the older brother (or younger) is with Sirio.

Mario Rossi designed the Ninja under GRP branding. Now its just GRP Engines.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
They should have stuck to JPs or Nova like the last time when Kenji won the 1/8th.. but then again they won the 200mm worlds in 2006 and Fukuda did the fastest lap in practise this year. I think more development is in order for the engine.

besides the purple heat sinks looks better on their cars...
One has a best car but doesn't have enough funding to buy big guns and made wrong strategic partner by putting a possible winning car and glory in ass. Really bad! Some just mold and improved from others in "2 years" and have funding to,........(my 2 cents)

As from Josh's report, it definitely wows the fans who are watching, especially on the "Pipe" issue. I hope IFMAR is doing the job, giving us the full detail, enforce it if someone was really found fail.

A rule is a rule, there should be either black or white; right or wrong.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WARDO
Thanks to all that post.Good luck to the U S A team.
I hope yall do as well as our swim team.
Wardo WASSUP
the Olympics relay swim race has been the best race so far
Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, Purple and NovaRossi's Blue heatsink are gorgerous partners on Mugen.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
The only problem with all this talk is that three of the top four qualifiers are Sirio's who made the old Ninja's. The other is a Picco and Shimo has been running well with an OS.

That being said, I'd be running a Nova made RB if I were there.
No info that Star had any doing with with the ninja line directly on there website
MR Ninja - Engine Line

General Information

The complete MR NINJA engine line was born from an absolute new and high-tech industrial project, realized in Italy by GRP, under the technological supervision of Mario ROSSI. Thanks to the technological and futuristic research centre at GRP, the very first projects were realized, and it will allow a continuous future product development. Everything has been studied with the most up-to-date and advanced software of mechanical simulation, to know and reproduce the conditions of use and deformation of components and materials at high temperatures. All components (even the ones apparently less important) have been meticulously studied and the result has confirmed a very high basic quality that will set a new worldwide standard quality in this field. The look and packaging for mechanical components which are normally neglected, have been studied here in details to guarantee a truly complete product. Each single engine is delivered with protection cover for exhaust, intake fuel entrance and carburetor. It will come with a manual of use and maintenance and a spare parts catalogue on CD, written in five languages.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by choisan
One has a best car but doesn't have enough funding to buy big guns and made wrong strategic partner by putting to possible winning car and glory in ass. Really bad! Some just mold and improved from others in "2 years" and have funding to,........

As from Josh's report, it definitely wows the fans who are watching, especially on the "Pipe" issue. I hope IFMAR is doing the job, giving us the full detail, enforce it if someone was really found fail.

A rule is a rule, there should be either black or white; right or wrong.
I dun quite think its a funding issue to get big guns. They are more likely to direct their fundings to other projects.

Having said that, its a double edged sword on funding big guns.

For example.. Collari signs for Mugen and won the next worlds. People will say its not the car its the driver. If he lost, its the car and not the driver. How the world works is funny at times. (this is of no offense to the greatest 8th scale driver, just a example)
Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Lord

OK, been doing some digging and it appears GRP does do their own production of the motors, well at least the aluminum parts. No mention of cranks so who knows about them. I do know for a fact that the first press release long before any motors were ever made said Star would produce many of the components so that is why I always thought they were just rebadged Sirios.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Erm, they all spawned off from NovaRossi.

Andrea Rossi the older brother (or younger) is with Sirio.

Mario Rossi designed the Ninja under GRP branding. Now its just GRP Engines.
Andrea Rossi of Sirio is no related to the Rossi family that founded Novarossi and Rossi, he simply shares the same last name. Rossi is just a popular family name in Italy.

As you've discovered, Sirio and Star did not produce the Ninja engines - they were made by GRP, and are now simply badged as GRP engines.

Good luck to all the US drivers, and Shimo-san - he's a cool guy! (that'll be 5 bucks Shimo!) Inside joke...
Old 08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The only connection I know of between Star (Andrea Rossi) and GRP (The Gandini Brothers) is that Rossi sold his Arrows Tires line to the Gandinis just before he got into the engine business. The Gandinis sold Arrows, along with their dozen or so other brand names, Ellegi, Power, Sprint, etc., until a couple of years ago when they consolidated all the lines into 1 GRP brand.... and the rest is history...
Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SteveP
Andrea Rossi of Sirio is no related to the Rossi family that founded Novarossi and Rossi, he simply shares the same last name. Rossi is just a popular family name in Italy.

As you've discovered, Sirio and Star did not produce the Ninja engines - they were made by GRP, and are now simply badged as GRP engines.

Good luck to all the US drivers, and Shimo-san - he's a cool guy! (that'll be 5 bucks Shimo!) Inside joke...
My bad! oh yeah and there is a Valentino Rossi!! anyways.. all "Rossi"s make good engines!!

I always tot they were brothers!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Lord

Rossi does seem popular. Throw in Valentino Rossi (motorcycle champ) and the Axe Rossi motors.

Now that all that is straight, let's get back to worlds talk. Go Toso.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

My bad! anyways.. all "Rossi"s make good engines!!

I always tot they were brothers!!
I may be making a fool of myself again but if I remember correctly Ceasar Rossi (Novarossi) did have a brother who made the Rossi motors (now Axe Rossi).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.