R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #1276
Suspended

You and SalvadoriRacing can hang together all you want, I'm sure nobody cares, and it is you who likes to analyze this, analyze that, why is this why is that, what is the brand of the undies are you wearing when you run this engine, do you think it will make a difference if you don't wear one?.....the list of questions goes on and on, I'm glad it stopped when you stop posting for a while, so please don't start your questions galore again.
the_geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #1277
Tech Rookie

Nitro mains are all about risk, pace, and reliability. I only read about the race but it seems Ielasi's strategy was great for a single set of hard tires. If you don't have the fastest race package then this is usually the best way to run the main; no tire change (From what I hear this is how Collari has won so many races, and he's not always the fastest). Its obvious he was able to run consistent laps and stay out of trouble. I think with Paul's driving style he typically likes to run with softer tires and opts to make tire changes during the main. The strategy has a greater risk. No one really knows how the engines were set prior to the start of the main. Unfortunately Paul's was probably a little to aggressive. I think the tougher thing to learn in racing is when to take the risks and plan your strategy. If you listen to Formula1 or MotoGP drivers, they will tell you they do not always race at 110%, only as fast as they need in order to win. I think Paul is the worlds greatest Nitro touring car driver and I was happy to see him so far up. I wish he didn't have the engine problems during the main. Congrats to Ielasi!
JDeprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #1278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_geeky View Post
You and SalvadoriRacing can hang together all you want, I'm sure nobody cares, and it is you who likes to analyze this, analyze that, why is this why is that, what is the brand of the undies are you wearing when you run this engine, do you think it will make a difference if you don't wear one?.....the list of questions goes on and on, I'm glad it stopped when you stop posting for a while, so please don't start your questions galore again.

You're so transparent. Why don't you stop.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #1279
Tech Elite

Congrats to Paul, for showing the world what we already new in the Midwest! And to Picco for showing that you can win without spending a fortune on an engine!
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #1280
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
For your information I sell the engine not only in the US, but to the rest of the world, name a country and I'll tell how many was sold to that particular country alone. and for your information, the only reason it is cheap is because they want to keep the price affordable to everybody hobbyist in all skill levels, and Ielasi proved it.
This is ofcourse high commercial bullsh...

Do you realy think Ielasi was running a same engine as we all can buy in the shops?
No factory will show their fastest engines to the public and keep their tunings techniques for themselves.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #1281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
This sounds like bad sportsmanship (or sour grapes) to me
Why bash someone for running a smart race?? If he or is engine were so slow, he would never have been in position to win the race. Instead, his engine ran good for 1hour and he put himself in position to win. Give the guy his recognition and respect.

Doug
I wasn't going say anything but this does sound like hating to me. He won, period. Those other guys may have been faster and they still didn't win. So what can you say to that. It is what it is..................He's world champion!!!!!!!! I don't run the car that won and I don't run the engine that won so just my unbiased opinion.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #1282
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
I wasn't going say anything but this does sound like hating to me. He won, period. Those other guys may have been faster and they still didn't win. So what can you say to that. It is what it is..................He's world champion!!!!!!!! I don't run the car that won and I don't run the engine that won so just my unbiased opinion.
You are so right. This is racing. If it was the fastest car contest, it would ba a drag race. Racing is everything combined, strategy, tires, pace, is there something to be learned here??
Besides, Ielasi finally got the credit he deserves, WORLD CHAMPION!
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #1283
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post
You are so right. This is racing. If it was the fastest car contest, it would ba a drag race. Racing is everything combined, strategy, tires, pace, is there something to be learned here??
Besides, Ielasi finally got the credit he deserves, WORLD CHAMPION!
+1
Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #1284
Tech Initiate

you guys act as if you've never seen a slower car win before, well duh turtle & rabbit the ones who are faster have there cars set on the edge the others have theres set safe you guys are just continuing this topic for attention. How many people paticipating in this topic(IE) bashing the winner actually participated in the event 2006 everyone bashed the NINJA but it won or should i say the driver won he had the complete strategy guide now picco/idm whats next. Any time you stop your car in a long main you are in a crap shoot. IF someone ask what engine 2 buy i say picco very affordable got 2 crawl b 4 you walk dingalings. we need people in the hobby not fast 2 crash track savy is the key cheers mates
MUGEN SHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #1285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing View Post
I was there in person and I can say everybody who saw the race won't buy a Picco because it's the current world champion.
No disrespect to the World Champion but I do not have a direct urge to get a Picco after the seeing the race. Instead, I have a itching urge to try the new Sirio or the Ninja instead.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #1286
Tech Initiate

Ielasi is the fastest driver and has the fastest car for this one hour race. We are not talking about the fastest car per lap, its about the fastest car per hour.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #1287
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing View Post
I think I wasn't clear...........

You sold more than thousand pieces because the engine is cheap (also because you're in the US and American are used to run high nitro content which helps a lot to make normal stuff go faster than it's designed to).........

Next you will keep on selling them because they're CHEAP and not because Picco brand or whatever based version is world champion...........

I don't understand your logic. Does higher nitro content fuel in a Picco mean it will run faster than the another engine with the same fuel???

With all due respect to other brands, he will keep selling PICCOs because:
1. dyno proves they are strong motors
2. The motor has won many many big events against other brands since its initial release
3. easy to tune
4. can easily run >5 minutes on a tank, sometimes 6
5. fastest break in
6. almost forgot, it's affordable
Old 08-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #1288
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro View Post
1. dyno proves they are strong motors
2. The motor has won many many big events against other brands since its initial release
3. easy to tune
4. can easily run >5 minutes on a tank, sometimes 6
5. fastest break in
6. almost forgot, it's affordable
Yup..its true bro....this is what i like about PICCO......
Ipoh Remote Control Fan Club..IRCFC
frame_pinjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 AM   #1289
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
then how come I sold a total of 1,639 engines since it's introduction which is only a few months back, that is only me and there are also other dealers that are selling the engine as well.

p.s. The figure was not made up as I have a record of each individual sale in my computer and I am only in the retail business.
Wow.
Attached Thumbnails
2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17-bsmeter.jpg  
rcg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:46 AM   #1290
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg33k View Post
Wow.

lol