Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17 >

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Old 08-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
but you are talking about engine tuners here, IDM is engines modified by Ielasi himself, on the other hand EDO is engines modified by Eduardo himself, so we are talking about 2 different engine modifiers here and in this case he actually uses an engine modified by EDO to win a world championship, okay do you think Massimo Fantini will be willing to put a JP cooling head on his engine at a race? afterall they are both NovaRossi based engines, that means if you have your on line of modified engines then you will be using your own engine, and by the way, yes Mega can claim victory because Mega have EDO engine line, on the other hand IDM is..........IDM, and definitely IDM is not an EDO modified.

Great point Team Kamikaze
Old 08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedRC
Hey Guys, Just to clarify that Daniele was using 'Picco' engines, not IDM. Daniele corrected us earlier in the week when we wrote IDM engines, he was never claiming to be running IDM, and then just using a Picco branded motor. This is a win for the Picco motor, and it was Picco that paid for his trip to the Worlds so he wanted us to emphasize this.
See, Stefan, facts from a credible source, a source with no agenda. Not someone who knows someones brother's friend that lives close to the factory that knows Ielasi.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRC
Hey Guys, Just to clarify that Daniele was using 'Picco' engines, not IDM. Daniele corrected us earlier in the week when we wrote IDM engines, he was never claiming to be running IDM, and then just using a Picco branded motor. This is a win for the Picco motor, and it was Picco that paid for his trip to the Worlds so he wanted us to emphasize this.
Thank you for the clarification, now this should shut up some foul mouth.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
I know Stefan can be a bit outspoken at times ( and that's fine ) , but this seems a bit nasty ....

BTW, I don't read LRP claiming a world championship anywhere - and they have Picco engines

Regardless, it's good to see that there seems to be yet another top notch engine for guys to choose from - yet again from Italy
Because LRP don't have EDO modified engines.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stefan
Have you guys seen this statement on the OFNA site:

"Picco/JL.12 wins 1:10 sedan IFMAR Worlds in Portugal
Well done to Picco World driver Daniele Ielasi on winning the IFMAR 2008 World Championship using the Picco/JL .12 Tuned, the same engine you can buy (yes, Alberto Picco has confirmed this). This win shows the U.S. market that a street of $200.00 can beat them all for less!

Alberto reports, "The Picco/JL ran great all day.. with its super fuel mileage and stable tune, the engine was untouchable if Daniele can get a clean race.. Well he did!"

Why are you paying more for others?"

Credit stealing bast.......

How long can you go?
GUYS..STOP THE MADNESS...REGUARDLESS OF WHO'S ENGINE IT WAS IT WAS SLOW...PAUL HAD OVER 130 LAPS IN THE 18 SEC. RANGE WHERE AS DANEILE HAD AROUND 9 LAPS IN THE 18'S...SO ENGINE DID GET GOOD MILEAGE AND IT WAS RELIABLE BUT IT SURE WASN'T FAST SO THEY CAN KEEP IT FOR $200.
IT JUST ISN'T A ISSUE TO SQUABBLE ABOUT...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Suspended

But who won and what engine is he using?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thor
GUYS..STOP THE MADNESS...REGUARDLESS OF WHO'S ENGINE IT WAS IT WAS SLOW...PAUL HAD OVER 130 LAPS IN THE 18 SEC. RANGE WHERE AS DANEILE HAD AROUND 9 LAPS IN THE 18'S...SO ENGINE DID GET GOOD MILEAGE AND IT WAS RELIABLE BUT IT SURE WASN'T FAST SO THEY CAN KEEP IT FOR $200.
Very true...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:40 PM
GK
Suspended

Last edited by GK; 08-20-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

The old saying goes you don't need the fastest engine to win a major race...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

He sure did qualify well for such a slow engine.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wingracer
He sure did qualify well for such a slow engine.
YOU ARE RIGHT SLOW WASN'T THE RIGHT CHOICE OF WORDS. I SHOULD HAVE SAID IT WASN'T THE FASTEST BECAUSE ALL THE MANUFACTURES HAD FAST ENGINES AT THE WORLD'S.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
And they didn't put on the glow battery during this tire change?.....
Nope ... I was thinking the same because it seems to take sooo long when you're watching from a distance. In any case I think it would have starved of fuel because the car was on its side for some time.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thor
In that case, I'd rather have a slower engine that doesn't flame out, than a fast one that does...
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
The old saying goes you don't need the fastest engine to win a major race...
words to race by
Old 08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
Aaaw, have you been waiting here for me all this time?
I'll make sure I'll post more regularly from now on. Don't want you to get bored.

I knew you're stupid, but that you can't even read is quite shocking.

ALBERTO Picco was not even in Lisbon, numbnuts.

Btw, calling me a Nazi is what I would have expected much earlier from someboby like you.

Wenn Dummheit strafbar würde, wäre ganz Amerika ein riesiges Gefängnis und die dämlichen Mexikaner säßen als erstes drin!

If I recall from earlier posts, you started the whole "race" thing. You are a real badass behind your Tandy 1000 computer. Why don't you stop talking shit and grow up. By the way, you seem to have a particular issue with hispanics. Mexicans, Cubans... I see you truly are old school German.

Wenn Sie mit einem Hispano-Amerikaner bitte verwirren möchten, fühlen Sie sich frei, auf mir zu zählen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.