R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #571
Tech Rookie

This whole thing wouldn't be a problem if the tech inspections were better. EFRA approves of the pipes, they should be able to check them thoroughly at the event. I don't know how the tech inspections are at worlds events but you'd think they'd be able to tech pipes. On a side note, I've been running the new style 2611 pipe for over a year, its nothing new. This seems like a paperwork technicality to me. At a Worlds event this is pretty much expected, but if you took this same argument to a U.S. major event it would be considered a pretty lame protest. Chris has been using the pipe since last year at the Nationals.

Has anyone recorded engine speeds around the track?
JDeprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #572
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
The issue to me is not whether or not the changes conform to IFMAR rules or not because it does not matter for this race. What matters is that it is not the same as the pipe they submitted and therefore is a different and un-approved pipe.

If Nova's manifold is approved then it is legal. No cheating involved.

If Nova were to submit a manifold with 13mm tubing but show up at a worlds with 15mm tubing without resubmitting the part, that part should be illegal. As far as I know, that has not happened.
Correct me if i am wrong(being a novice at this sort of class lol) but has'nt a precedence been set now.If any one runs an illegal pipe in the finals they cant have it thrown out( the result i mean) unless all runs with the sirio pipes are thrown out as well?
Gseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gseventeen View Post
Correct me if i am wrong(being a novice at this sort of class lol) but has'nt a precedence been set now.If any one runs an illegal pipe in the finals they cant have it thrown out( the result i mean) unless all runs with the sirio pipes are thrown out as well?
They are just making nice nice with MFG.... that is my guess.... Remember the support dollars....

I also think the amount of "advantage" was in the minds also... Which in this case was very low....

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Novarossi's timing is also supect to me, why did they wait until after the qualys to file the protest?
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #575
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Ielasi is going to win anyways, no matter what pipe the Siro guys run
Yep
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #576
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
What would you then do with all the other racers that got TQ'ed due to tanks being 1ccm to large, bodies being 1mm too low or wheel nuts sticking out a fraction of a mm?

Pardon them or tell 'em that they are not as important than the a-class Sirio drivers.

Either you go by rules or you don't.

I think, if they had been absolutely fair and strict, they would have had to throw out all the qualifying runs that were done with that pipe.

Sirio's to blame, NOBODY ELSE!
The point is Talent & knowledge over the use of a tool
As for your examples if you have the knowledge you won't be running into any of those issues you posted. If you do & then whine & complain about it then you fit into the catergory of being a sore loser lol
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #577
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeprez View Post
This whole thing wouldn't be a problem if the tech inspections were better. EFRA approves of the pipes, they should be able to check them thoroughly at the event. I don't know how the tech inspections are at worlds events but you'd think they'd be able to tech pipes. On a side note, I've been running the new style 2611 pipe for over a year, its nothing new. This seems like a paperwork technicality to me. At a Worlds event this is pretty much expected, but if you took this same argument to a U.S. major event it would be considered a pretty lame protest. Chris has been using the pipe since last year at the Nationals.

Has anyone recorded engine speeds around the track?
+1
Old 08-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #578
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
YES!! Fukuda made it to 1/4..
Quote:
MUGEN
I hope he makes the final. As I said before, if he makes it he will win. My prediction has nothing to do with engine or car. Just seems like he would win again in some stroke of luck.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #579
Tech Elite

See this is were you guys are all wrong .Its has nothing to do with the guy in tech at the worlds or about chris its all about italians who a very competative and passioante with what they do and and they try and find any small little things to do each other over .You guys dont seem to understand there is alot of hatred between Nova,sirio and even more with Grp.trust me im half Iti and i know

think about it .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 08-15-2008 at 05:20 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #580
Tech Master

Just a little insight - I spoke to the Novarossi staff at the event and asked when they had learned about the pipe "revision" and they stated that they looked at a pipe only minutes before filing the protest. They had no idea that the pipe was outside of the dimensions of the origionally homoligated pipe until they opened the EFRA book (includes drawings and dimensions) and realized that the stinger was around 5mm shorter, less angle and had an internal conical shape in the stinger. This isn't a small discrepancy and it's only the things that are externally visable. The real check should involve cutting the pipe open to get the internal specs as well as there may or may not be more there (I don't know).

Yes, the Sirio driver's engines are very quick and louder than the others on the track. It's not really about being a sore looser (the race isn't over), it's simply expecting to race in a competition to crown the World Champion and expecting an equal playing field for all competitors and manufactures involved.

The teching procedure was also discussed at the meeting as we spoke about all the tight tolerances on the body but then the really important things are overlooked. They basically said that they simply looked for the number on the pipe and assume that it is ok. I made the point that next time, I make a pipe by hand that is completely prototype and then etch the number on the pipe and it's perfectly legal then..... The point is understood by IFMAR and it was spoken about to try and simplify some rules so that the less important ones do not have the time waisted in tech but the important ones that can provide a huge advantage are taken care of correctly. Currently, the list of dimensions and specs is making it nearly impossible for tech to handle all the rules that they need to check from heat to heat.

Keep in mind what is considered a huge difference. Even a 1% gain in performance in a 10 minute qualifier can equal 6 seconds!! That's nearly the difference from TQ to the 1/4 final....

Hopefully, all the lessons were learned on all parts to make the organization, manufactures and racers more aware to improve the quality of racing for everyone involved. I am confident that IFMAR will do a great job in sorting out these issues in the near future. The problems are recognized and a lot of people are working together now to get on the same page!!

Tommorow will be a great day of racing and hopefully it will be a controversy free day to crown the World Champion!!

Good Night all!!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #581
Tech Elite

Good luck Josh

I hope you win not because you run nova but because your a real gentlemen of the sport .

It was a real honour meeting you in sydney Australia and Brisbane Australia at the worlds .

I wish all Nova Drivers all the success in the world .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #582
Tech Rookie

Good luck Josh
JDeprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #583
Tech Champion

Good luck Josh & watch out for those BEE'S
Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #584
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Good luck Josh & watch out for those BEE'S
Hey those are Chris's Bee's...
Good Luck Josh,Paul and Ralph
Go USA
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #585
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
Hey those are Chris's Bee's...
Good Luck Josh,Paul and Ralph
Go USA
Thor look back a couple of pages the BEE"S got to josh 1st when it glitched right into to his eye. Hey do you think it's the same bee lol