R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #421
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Rossi does seem popular. Throw in Valentino Rossi (motorcycle champ) and the Axe Rossi motors.

Now that all that is straight, let's get back to worlds talk. Go Toso.
The Italians have some "speed' blood in them.. 'always passionate about speed speed and more speed' as what Jeremy Clarkson would say..
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #422
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I may be making a fool of myself again but if I remember correctly Ceasar Rossi (Novarossi) did have a brother who made the Rossi motors (now Axe Rossi).
Yeah, that's right.. i remember something about the Nova's brothers who split. I always tot Andrea was the one.

So ... now i know!!

So its Ceasar and Axe and Mario are in the same family?
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #423
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yes I think so but his name wasn't Axe. Can't remember what his name was now.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #424
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Yes I think so but his name wasn't Axe. Can't remember what his name was now.
Wiki-ed it.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novarossi

bored in office.. sorry for the spam.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #425
Tech Fanatic
 
SteveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 919
Default

To finish the Novarossi story, Ugo and Cesare (not Ceasar) both founded Rossi engines many years ago (in the late 50's if I recall correctly) and a family dispute (entirely another long story) resulted in Ceasar forming Novarossi. So, Rossi was founded by both brothers, one left to form Novarossi, and since the passing of Ugo a few years ago, his Son and Daughter have been running Rossi under the "Axe Rossi" name. Mario is Cesare's son, who now makes GRP engines with the Gandinis. They're all good people with strong convictions and a few family sqaubles - like any other family. None of the above are related to Andrea Rossi of Sirio. Capisci?

Back to our regularly scheduled program...
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #426
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Go Fukuda!!!
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:00 AM   #427
Tech Master
 
Josh Cyrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Posts: 1,409
Default

Hey Thor - Honestly, I don't really care about the protest. It's an IFMAR problem and at the meetings last night we only asked that they make a decision that is black/white and make the proper changes to the rules so these kinds of problems do not come up to hurt the events.

I was just trying to give people at home some insight as we are only going to tell the stories when we return anyway...lol.. On-road racing is alive, well and super competitive but it needs a kick to show the rest of the world this. If some extra reports may help (since none of the US mags will be here to cover the event) then we have to take matters into our own hands to keep people informed and create the race and feeling of a WC at home. The magazines have left on-road racing to be the red-headed step child of r/c at the moment and I feel that this lack of promotion is also another reason for the decline in on-road. The more info, in depth insight will hopefully help spark an interest to increase our segment of the market to all our benifits from the mfg's to the quality of racing and drivers the US can send to a WC like this.

I appologize if I sounded like I was whinning or for some reason I offended but I am simply reporting the facts.

Time to go pit Barry all day!!! I'll give a full update on that when we return tonight!!!

Peace out!!
__________________
Destiny, Ko Propo, Hobby Wing, Ulti Racing Tires, Protoform, Xenon Racing, Pivothead, Vizon, TQ Wire & Hella Graphics
Josh Cyrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #428
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,412
Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Hey Thor - Honestly, I don't really care about the protest. It's an IFMAR problem and at the meetings last night we only asked that they make a decision that is black/white and make the proper changes to the rules so these kinds of problems do not come up to hurt the events.

I was just trying to give people at home some insight as we are only going to tell the stories when we return anyway...lol.. On-road racing is alive, well and super competitive but it needs a kick to show the rest of the world this. If some extra reports may help (since none of the US mags will be here to cover the event) then we have to take matters into our own hands to keep people informed and create the race and feeling of a WC at home. The magazines have left on-road racing to be the red-headed step child of r/c at the moment and I feel that this lack of promotion is also another reason for the decline in on-road. The more info, in depth insight will hopefully help spark an interest to increase our segment of the market to all our benifits from the mfg's to the quality of racing and drivers the US can send to a WC like this.

I appologize if I sounded like I was whinning or for some reason I offended but I am simply reporting the facts.

Time to go pit Barry all day!!! I'll give a full update on that when we return tonight!!!

Peace out!!
Hi Josh Your report is great hope you can gives us more stories what happening in the race
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #429
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
Toso has only needed the small breaks that are often the key to winning the big races. Talent and skill he has in abundance, now he just needs some good luck. After all, i'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week!

Good luck Toso!!! Bring it home for the US and even better FLORIDA!!!( I know he's more a Cali guy but for now he's here!! LOL!!)


Butter
I thought he's originally from Conneticut! At least that's what he told me last time we spoke.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:56 AM   #430
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
LOL...clueless. Yeah US drivers have had problems in the worlds....Josh and Toso have Tq'd and or been near the top at the last, what??? 3-4 worlds?:ro lleyes:
Clueless? Moron!

I am not talking about the past, I am talking about the current worlds and you'd have to agree, that the US boys don't have a lot of luck and all sorts of problems beside tires.

Get of your patriotic soap box!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #431
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
To finish the Novarossi story, Ugo and Cesare (not Ceasar) both founded Rossi engines many years ago (in the late 50's if I recall correctly) and a family dispute (entirely another long story) resulted in Ceasar forming Novarossi. So, Rossi was founded by both brothers, one left to form Novarossi, and since the passing of Ugo a few years ago, his Son and Daughter have been running Rossi under the "Axe Rossi" name. Mario is Cesare's son, who now makes GRP engines with the Gandinis. They're all good people with strong convictions and a few family sqaubles - like any other family. None of the above are related to Andrea Rossi of Sirio. Capisci?

Back to our regularly scheduled program...
In this context it might help to know that "Nova" Rossi means "New" Rossi
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #432
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Why is nobody here rooting for Ternival Desousa?

He's just about to start his 1/1024th final
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:01 AM   #433
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Why is nobody here rooting for Ternival Desousa?

He's just about to start his 1/1024th final
he must be 1/2 portuguese!


good luck to him, I bet he's really enjoying the experience
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:15 AM   #434
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
he must be 1/2 portuguese!


good luck to him, I bet he's really enjoying the experience
Name sounds more like SoCal with Mexican ancestors. Might be Florida / Cuban as well.

He's leading comfortably and I bet he's having a ball....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #435
Tech Addict
 
c1 racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin
Default

Baker up next in the 1/256 Final - A .... good luck ..... hope you and Josh have a loooong day .....

1/256 Final - B
1, Pedro Silva PT - 59 / 00:20:13.650 - Kyosho / OS / Kyosho
2. Paulo Santos PT - 56 / 00:20:00.012 - Serpent / Novarossi / Matrix
3. Brandt Mickael SE - 56 / 00:20:00.191 - Xray / Sirio / Xray (1/512 - B Bump)
__________________
NeXusRacing.com
MurnanModified.com
MobileRCRacing.com

Last edited by c1 racin; 08-15-2008 at 04:57 AM.
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to race @ the 2008 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm WORLD Championship I.C On-road? Solara Racing Forum 2 09-24-2008 09:44 AM
QRCCRA TO HOST THE IFMAR 2006 1/10th SCALE 200mm IC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS quozl Australian Racing 613 09-27-2006 03:33 AM
QRCCRA TO HOST THE IFMAR 2006 1/10th SCALE 200mm IC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS quozl Racing Forum 0 12-08-2004 04:49 AM
IFMAR Off Road World Championships MDawson Racing Forum 32 10-14-2003 08:12 AM
IFMAR 2004 235mm & 200mm World Championships quozl Nitro On-Road 8 09-14-2003 11:05 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net