Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the thought, Ray, but I have a slightly rougher file that works great.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:09 PM

The TC3 does have problems at Cincy and that is the gearbox heat issue. I have not found a way to get a one-way or solid axle to last for much more than 30 minutes. If AE lucks out temps will be in the lower 70s for a high, the last couple times I have been to Cincy it has been pretty warm. I think I might make an aerated diff case to see if that won't help cool it down to were it will last a few races. On the upside my car is handling great with the diffs and will run all day like that. I thought I saw somewhere that delrin diff gears were on the way.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default NTC3NUT!!!

NTC3NUT-e-mail me as soon as you can please!!

Thanks,
Ray
[email protected] or [email protected]
Old 09-14-2002, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ray, Just got back from watching Worlds practice. Got to hang out with Team Associated for 4 hours! I just dropped you an e-mail, hope to hear from you soon.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-worlds-0162.jpg  
Old 09-15-2002, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is a video available from the World held in Cincanti earlier this year????????

Also,

Is anyone else going through spur gears regularly? Is there a harder alloy gear available yet?
Old 09-15-2002, 06:10 AM

I thought the most troubles at cinncy was ring/pinion stripping not a heating problem, that and the to small Ae brg. oneway! The yok oneway is the oneway cure! I keep ripping ring pinions out of my car now with only a 4 tooth spread between first gear and second with the Richey RTU and a Mip rear exhaust stinger, the car has unreal bottom and mid range power now!!! Anybody know or seen who is making the Delrin ring/pinions? I have heard of them but not seen them. I think bronze pinions would be the way to go! Ever thought of marketing that Rayhaung?

Hooked_on: I'm not having spur gear troubles unless I practice on dirty surfaces then the rocks etc. eats them up. I think Ae makes a lexan protective cover for the bottom that covers the spur gear area but not fir sure. BB
Old 09-15-2002, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Arrow TC3 gears

I have thought about it, but the cost would be astronomical I would think. And I couldnt use Gleason cut gears either I dont think. They would have to be a normal ring and pinion. Might not satisfy the die-hard AE types.

I have heard of them but not seen them. I think bronze pinions would be the way to go! Ever thought of marketing that Rayhaung?
Old 09-15-2002, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by bbntc3
I thought the most troubles at cinncy was ring/pinion stripping not a heating problem, that and the to small Ae brg. oneway! The yok oneway is the oneway cure! I keep ripping ring pinions out of my car now with only a 4 tooth spread between first gear and second with the Richey RTU and a Mip rear exhaust stinger, the car has unreal bottom and mid range power now!!! Anybody know or seen who is making the Delrin ring/pinions? I have heard of them but not seen them. I think bronze pinions would be the way to go! Ever thought of marketing that Rayhaung?

Hooked_on: I'm not having spur gear troubles unless I practice on dirty surfaces then the rocks etc. eats them up. I think Ae makes a lexan protective cover for the bottom that covers the spur gear area but not fir sure. BB
I think the stripping of the gears is because of the heat. I will try the ventilated front case the next time I go down to Cincy. I haven't had problems at Toledo when it was cooler. I have also lost two input drive cups when running a solid front axle. Plastic strength decreases with heat. GPM we want some delrin gears!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:06 AM

You could be on to something there ob4tc3!! I have kicked that thought around but I race mostly race short track stuff with straights 100 ft or less and still have troubles with the pinions. But my car is heavier than long track cars due to the bullett proofing it has to have ! Looks to me like the gears are'nt strong enough material to last. And I also have went through my share of input cups. I use Hard Core Racing electric TC3 alum cups and the rear alum brake and drivecup deal so thats no longer a prob.
Ray: I know the cost of the pinions would be out of here. I'm working on them and a new chassis/upper deck design as a winter project!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Too bad no one could convince Associated to mold them out of their graphite material. I don't know if it would help, but it couldn't hurt to try (diff cases too). I personally think it's from some sort of a shock to the drivetrain. Think about it, how many ring gears do you strip on a diff? None so far for me. The only failures I have seen are front end only, with either a soilid axle or a one-way. I've said it before and I still think it's true, with the shaft drive and a one-way or solid axle there's nothing to slip or skip (ie:belt or diff). If you hit anything, get pinned on/under a board, ect., somethings got to give and it will be the ring gear. It may be the heat, but I too have had ring gears fail on short tracks, or during a 5 min. qualifier, even when out practicing. On the other hand I have run several 15-20 min. mains on the same ring gear/diff with zero problems. Who knows. I have put away all my one-ways and solid axles until someone figures this out, or comes up with a new material to try. I think the car handles great with the diffs and you never have to worry about them failing. As soon as someone finds something new get it posted!
Old 09-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Here's a photo of Associated's toe-link fix. This is Travis's car. Billy Easton gave me the low down on this set-up. I'll post a detailed description ASAP. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-worlds0012.jpg  
Old 09-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Here's the dual-chamber muffler mod most of them where using.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-worlds-0022.jpg  
Old 09-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Another side shot. Billy also gave me a little info on how this mod is supposed to help. I'll put it in with the toe-link description in a latter post.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-worlds-0052.jpg  

Last edited by NTC3NUT; 09-15-2002 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

A few more of Travis's car. By the way these are all Travis's car, the other guys cars where always out on the track, or being adjusted. Travis's dad hooked me up!
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-worlds-0062.jpg  
Old 09-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Another one.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-worlds-0042.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.