R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-09-2002, 03:05 PM   #1351

Quote:
Originally posted by EngenZerO
are we talking about static or kinetic friction? I was under the assumpiton that friction was only the greatest once the object initialy starts to move(static)...afterwords the coeffeicent of friction is reduced (kinetic)...either way cant we all just get along
Doesn't matter since getting actual values would be very difficult, I am talking in general terms(and being quite generous saying a belt and pulley has the same friction as a ring and pinion), the only way to get actual numbers would be an rc chassis dyno of some kind. For comparisons sake, you just count the friction points. Simple physics and math. Those are the facts; nothing to debate really. You have to go to page 2 to see how this all got started.

Last edited by OB42TC3; 09-09-2002 at 03:12 PM.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:15 PM   #1352
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by EngenZerO
are we talking about static or kinetic friction? I was under the assumpiton that friction was only the greatest once the object initialy starts to move(static)...afterwords the coeffeicent of friction is reduced (kinetic)...either way cant we all just get along

don't really know, you will have to ask the expert.

i agree the NTC3 is much more efficient on the drive train, but i think it is becasue the NTC3 has less rotating mass on the drive train. "friction point" will has some effects too, but it is not everything. my opinion anyways.

of course we can all get along, as soon as the all "friction point" is removed.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:28 PM   #1353
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
I agree - it amazes me how much the TC3 thread keeps getting changed to a "compare TC3 to XXXXX" thread. . .

I don't go to those other (cars') threads, even though I have a GT4. . .and if I did, I wouldn't be bashing them. . .

oh well. . .it's all in fun I mean, we're adults playing with toy cars for bowling trophies! heh heh
sorry....... it is just every time i saw a "X car is better than Y car becasue blah blah.........." thread, i would lose control, hit the board and bend the chassis.....

i guess you are right, it is all about fun. just drive the car, have some fun and forget about minor details.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 04:52 PM   #1354
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

The NTC3 prolly has less rolling resistance than the 3 belt cars OFFPOWER but that isn't what's gonna get you on the podium. Driving/Practice is what is gonna get you to the winning circle along with patience and knowledge of how to setup a car.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:45 PM   #1355
Tech Fanatic

Well said. I know it pains people to hear this (myself included), but Associated is right; It won't break if you don't hit anything. Practice pays.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 06:22 PM   #1356
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Arrow Final thoughts-Maybe!!

Well, my gas season is done and I have a few thoughts before hitting the carpet for the next 6 months

The stock tank is actually fine now that I mounted it using only the front two screw holes and very thick Servo Grommets. It still sucks fuel up into the pulse tube, but only while tank is full to the very top!!! But the foaming is GONE!!!

You can eliminate the broken and bent Pillow balls with Mugen pillow balls. Slight mod to arms needed.

Tires are 90% of the set-up on these cars!!!

You can eliminate the rear toe in problem with solid links. have not tested captured links-but I am 100% conviced they will work fine. Just need to find a ball that uses the same size screw as the stock balls or else you'll never be able to set rear toe consistently due to play in screw hole from4-40 screw, etc.

The shock tower can be bullet proofed by adding long screws that go from the top of the shock tower to bottom diff case. When I detsroyed the rear end of my car two weeks ago, the shock tower was still tight on the diff case and diff case did not break!!

Thats all for now-Have fun guys!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 09-10-2002 at 07:46 AM.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:50 AM   #1357
Tech Fanatic

Ray, If you need a test mule, I'll volunteer. I have 3 more club races, and the MWS to run. Let me know. If not, I'm sure I'll see you on the carpet. Thanks for all your help this season.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:06 AM   #1358
Tech Initiate

Default Hi All!!

I've had my NTC3 for about a month so far, its nice to come to a decent forum for a change!
I've just spent the last couple of hours reading this forum some very usefull info here. I had already done the tank mods- I was getting air bubbles in the fuel line while running in but the mod has cured that. Read someones post about increasing rear droop to stop it being a bit taily under breaks and someone mentioned running drag breaks. Sorry for not remembering who you are!!

Current set up is kit standard rubber setting, I have just got provisional dates for our winter series (UK) so I cant wait for that to start! Engine is a Collari 12, yes I had the problems with the collet!! but sorted that out.
One thing I had noticed is that the rear CVD's dont go into the diff very much. I guess this is normal but has anyone had problems with this? I run electric TC3 and Losi XXXS the losi comes with steel drives that appear slightly longer, if this is true and it works out I'll let you guys know.
Thats it for now!
Later,
Pete
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:17 AM   #1359
Tech Champion

Quote:
One thing I had noticed is that the rear CVD's dont go into the diff very much. I guess this is normal but has anyone had problems with this?
Actually, it's not a problem. if you go with longer CVD's, you cannot adjust the diffs without dissasembling the suspension, so I would recommend leaving it the way it is!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 08:24 AM   #1360
Tech Initiate

Ok, its going to be left alone!
Thanks for responding so quickly!
Pete.
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 08:24 AM   #1361
Tech Champion

Default Captured links

Quote:
Ray, If you need a test mule, I'll volunteer. I have 3 more club races, and the MWS to run.

I am not sure if I am going to have time to build those links. But if I do-they are yours to test for me!!! I think someone else hit it right on the head (Boomer???) by using the big fat Serpent balls with there ball ends!!! Those should be perfect. They are the ones used on the Serpent large Servo saver. They require a metric screw as well as the balls are threaded.

Edit comments: bbntc3 was the one who used the Serpent parts to make his own rear toe in links!!!!

Also-Brett who had problems with his kit, are you sure you werent using the 5-40 screws and stripping out the heads by usinng the 1/16th allen. I did that to a few screws before -DUH-nooticing they were a scant bit bigger. I had problems with my kit CVD's as well. Had to dig into my Electric TC3 parts bin to finish them.

Last edited by rayhuang; 09-10-2002 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:28 AM   #1362
Tech Initiate

Ray, does that mean your product may be going into production soon...or are you just gonna sell them on a need basis for a higher price? Cause I know I will be wanting to pick up 2 sets.

Oz
EngenZerO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 11:27 AM   #1363
Tech Champion

Default I hope so!!!

Engenzero-I signed over the rights to this design to www.rcproductdesigns.com and Dan Burnham. I am still doing the R&D on it, but they are in now in charge of the final production and marketing. GIve Dan a shout and see what he says!! I'll e-mail him tonight as well.

Ray
Old 09-10-2002, 11:37 AM   #1364
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

sweet thanks for the nfo ray
EngenZerO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:04 PM   #1365

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Here's some new pics of my car and the rear exhaust mods, Still playing with pipes but heres some ideas! AE can keep the bladder exhaust system!! I almost forgot how a real exhaust system was suppose to work! BB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00176.jpg (90.5 KB, 245 views)
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote