R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-25-2002, 03:00 AM   #1231
Tech Regular

ae have woken up they have put the new tank on the ntc3, i hope i get one in the new kit that have oreded. here is the link to the pic it wont let me save the pic

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...40_manpipe.jpg

note this is on the rtr they beter do it on the rolling chassis too
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 03:02 AM   #1232
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

people,

I just wondered what people felt about comments being made by people that the problem with the NTC3 not running or having engine problems is from the engine not being able to suck air very well because of the location of the carby? I think that it might be from the flywheel actually being too light and people having problems to get the motor to idle as well.

As you will see i have addressed the fuel tank problem with previous posts.......
Old 08-25-2002, 03:04 AM   #1233
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
ae have woken up they have put the new tank on the ntc3, i hope i get one in the new kit that have oreded. here is the link to the pic it wont let me save the pic

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusti...40_manpipe.jpg

note this is on the rtr they beter do it on the rolling chassis too
Isn't that just the new revised lid everyone has been talking about?
Old 08-25-2002, 03:07 AM   #1234
Tech Regular

nah its a whole new tank as u can see there is no sight of the old pressure fitting
Old 08-25-2002, 03:38 AM   #1235
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Hooked on,

when I was talking about the carb on Dennis' thread, I meant that the carb itself is getting too hot.

You can use a 1/8 th scale buggy air filter with a elbow to get the filter out into the cooler air, but the carb itself sits right behind the cooling head and is only getting hot air fromthe head.

Hot carb = vapor locking
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 03:48 AM   #1236
Tech Regular

does it really make that much of a difference 2 of me mates have ntc3s one with a cx12s3 and a rs12s3 and neither of them have had any probs at the track. does it really make it that hot ?????

Last edited by Brett; 08-25-2002 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-25-2002, 03:55 AM   #1237
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked_on
people,

I just wondered what people felt about comments being made by people that the problem with the NTC3 not running or having engine problems is from the engine not being able to suck air very well because of the location of the carby? I think that it might be from the flywheel actually being too light and people having problems to get the motor to idle as well.

As you will see i have addressed the fuel tank problem with previous posts.......
Now it's the flywheel?! Have you seen a RC10GT non-pull flywheel? C'mon guys, IF anything it's the tank. I myself didn't experience any problems with tuning and run time and thats with a supposedly hard to tune Novarossi(Mugen MT12) and stock everything.

Many at my local track have modified the tank by relocating the pressure nipple and soft mounting BUT most of them did so because of what they read on the various forums, not because of problems they experienced. However, I do think that the pressure nipple on the lid is a better design and it should be included in the newer kits.

A far as the carb location is concerned, there is lots of clean cool air everywhere under a sedan body, especially while the car is moving and that there is enough window cut outs, so I don't think we should blame the way the engine/carb is situated for the problems either.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 04:09 AM   #1238
Tech Addict

I also did the relocating the pressure nipple trick and it made no difference, but i no of others that have done this and never had a problem. I am now using a Ofna tank as you can see from my photos in previous posts. My question was that i am still having problems getting my motor to idle and keep a tune and thought it may have been because of the flywheel, but it might not be seeing i am having engine failures..........
Old 08-25-2002, 04:06 PM   #1239

Ok now you can add me to the list of guys who have experienced fuel tank related flame-outs. It only happened druning the hard racing of the main; hmm... air bubbles maybe? Going to install the Mugne tank tonight; end of problems. I have also come to the conclusion that heat is causing the one way gears to go at Cincy. The gear boxes get extremely hot there and the gears just can't take the beating. One of two options here, cut out a couple gear cases for air flow, or fill the cases with oil to cut friction and absorb heat. I think I'll try the oil first since its less work.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 07:15 PM   #1240
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Lightbulb Cool news for us NTC3 racers!!!

Rear Toe-In Links!!!! A++++ More testing on the prototype NTC3rear toe in links is very positive. This weekend out of all the NTC3's at the tracks, all but two of us experienced compression of the rear toe in links-effectively ending those peoples runs. I had a few incidents in lapped traffic and was put in the boards and the toe links did not compress. I am very happy with them so far!!!

In one incident, the link popped off and the turn marshall was able to pop it back on and car was perfect after the crash and I was able to continue!!!!

Fuel Tank I mounted a Mugen Fuel tank on my car for this weekends race and it worked well. No fuel issues of any kind. I too may have had increased fuel economy as well!?!?! I say that because I ran rich one heat and did not run out of fuel.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:42 PM   #1241
Tech Fanatic

Default Race Ohio

Ray, I had a chance to check out your car today, toe links look cool. Glad to hear they're working. I ran 3rd in the first qualifier, fourth in the second qualifier, and started in 4th position in the main. My NTC3 was running great all day until I made a classic bone head move right before the main. I decided to switch tire brands and shore ratings. My car was out of control! Needless to say I DNF. This is my first season/first car and I learned a few valuable lessons today. The killer is, that while babying my car around in the main with the wrong tires, I ran my best laps of the day.? I guess speed isn't everything afterall. So here's what I learned: Slower sometimes really is faster; and stick with what works, save the experiments for practice. By the way, the DNF was the result of a right front lower hingepin being pulled out (ouch). My modded stock fuel tank and rear toe links (CA'd) held up all day. All in all my wife and I still had a great time. If you make it to Toledo next weekend I'll stop by and say hello.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 11:25 PM   #1242
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

So, when do we get to try them?
Old 08-26-2002, 04:13 AM   #1243
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

NEVER MAKE CHANGES BEFORE A MAIN. EScpecially tires... I got burned this way before...

Also foam tires need a few laps to run them in. Fresh off the truer is not good. They need some run in before use
Old 08-26-2002, 05:01 AM   #1244
Tech Regular

hi all today i got my lynx 3d and my novarossi cx12ps2 and my ntc3 will be coming in a week ill be counting down thew days

Last edited by Brett; 08-26-2002 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2002, 05:46 AM   #1245
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisO
just a question... what fuel dose everyone here use? i only use rossi fuels
For me my preffered fuel is Crash at 16% (is made by Jonkers BV and some other fuels from those guys are Cyclone).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote