R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-21-2002, 01:37 PM   #1216
Tech Fanatic

I have tried and used 54/48 spurs with both the 20/26 and 21/27 combos and they worked great with my Mugen MT-12. The stock setting also works well (54/50-22/26). I did try the 54/50's with a 25-21 combo and 2nd gear was too short for our tracks 230' straight, at least with the stock MT-12. This weekend I ran my JP RS12 TR1 for the first time with the Kawahara Centax clutch and the 54/48-26/20 combo and it was unbelieveable. That clutch and engine are AWESOME! I'm going to run through my gear combos again to see if I can get more out of it. The engine was still pulling at the end of the straight with the 48/26 gears, and it was a little hairy in the tight spots with the 54/20 gears. But MAN was it fun!
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 08:37 PM   #1217
Tech Regular

Corse-R > I think you got me confused with somebody else. I'm from Southern California. Thanks a lot for the tips though. Very helpful.
I will buy those gears. 21/27 with 48/54 seems to be the way to go. So performance motors have more high end torq and less low end torq than standard motors?
Maybe the RPM of these motors are much highter and torq really kicks in later power band than standard motors?
I plan to run it at KZ speedway or tighter parking races.
I heard that KZ speedway has about 53 meter long back straight.
Seems pretty wide track.

NTC3NUT > Thank you for the tip. Very informative.
Wow I can't even imagine how much power you might be enjoying with your new JP engine.
I would really love to hear the next test result.
Also gotta get my hands on one of those Centax clutchs if it works that great without any problem. I really doubt if stock 2 shoe clutch would work at all.
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 01:12 AM   #1218
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rcruv
Corse-R > I think you got me confused with somebody else. I'm from Southern California. Thanks a lot for the tips though. Very helpful.
I will buy those gears. 21/27 with 48/54 seems to be the way to go. So performance motors have more high end torq and less low end torq than standard motors?
Maybe the RPM of these motors are much highter and torq really kicks in later power band than standard motors?
Uh oh.... Seemed to remember a post from you at the TC3 forums and talking about the brits....

Yes those babies have less low end torque, but the grunt is on a med and high end rpm... gear like this and don't short shift to the second. Motormand adviced me this for my JP12S1 and performed as a bomb.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 05:32 AM   #1219
Tech Fanatic

Stephen, Could I get a contact for discounted parts from you? At the rate I buy, I need a good discount. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:40 AM   #1220
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R

Uh oh.... Seemed to remember a post from you at the TC3 forums and talking about the brits....

Yes those babies have less low end torque, but the grunt is on a med and high end rpm... gear like this and don't short shift to the second. Motormand adviced me this for my JP12S1 and performed as a bomb.
Yes, I've been racing TC3 like most of guys starting out Nitro TC with NTC3.
It just is so much comfortable working on it since I'm familiar with the design already.
I noticed parts are pretty much upgraded from TC3 and hope they will finally land on next generation TC3 as well.

Wow I gotta try JP12S1, it should work better at wide track with all the RPM.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:08 PM   #1221
Tech Fanatic

Default JP RS12 TR1

The JP was by far the best money I have ever spent. It increased my fun factor by ten fold. I thought my Mugen MT-12's where fast (and they are , don't get me wrong) but with the same set-up and the JP, unbelieveable.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:00 PM   #1222
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by NEMMITH
JPHRacer:

How do I go about getting one of your chassis's? Do you have a site? Do you have any pictures of one?
Go to www.JPHRacing.com. We have pictures of the chassis's battery, trays, bumpers, and nerf wings. But I hope you know these are chassis conversions for the ASC L3. Oval car chassis, not for the NTC3.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 11:20 PM   #1223
Tech Regular

Default Re: JP RS12 TR1

Where did you buy those engine from?
It's really hard to find those.

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
The JP was by far the best money I have ever spent. It increased my fun factor by ten fold. I thought my Mugen MT-12's where fast (and they are , don't get me wrong) but with the same set-up and the JP, unbelieveable.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:10 AM   #1224
Tech Fanatic

Default JP RS12 TR1

Just pick up a copy of "RC Car Action". You should be able to find at least 2-3 shops that have it in stock. If you check Ebay right now you'll find at least one there too. They shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:14 AM   #1225
Tech Regular

hi all i am not new to the fourm but i am new to this thread after reading 41 pages of posts i dont think ill be asking any questions that have been answered before. I just oreded my ntc3 today and my lynx 3d radio just came in as well as my nova cx12 so i am cheering, i will let u all know how things go
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 05:42 PM   #1226
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisO Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisO

heya all
long time reader first time poster....

bret damn nice setup...

what tire combo's have you guys found to be the best for un prepaired ashphalt?
ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 05:54 PM   #1227
Tech Regular

i am currently running egal 34s all way round with hard venom inserts on the front and medium on the rear, the take off tyers arnt bad neither any where from c27s to c32s are good
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 06:38 PM   #1228
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisO Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisO

just a question... what fuel dose everyone here use?

i only use rossi fuels
ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 07:46 PM   #1229
Tech Fanatic

Default Fuel

30% O'Donnell, good stuff
Old 08-25-2002, 12:16 AM   #1230
Tech Initiate

i use blue thunder 25%
RCinfo is offline   Reply With Quote