Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

DOH!!!!!

I think you ment to say Thanks
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 11:38 AM   #108
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

FINALLY got my motor last night....NV .12. Put it in last night, matched up all the goodies, and it's ready to rock!!!

Maybe this weekend I'll get it out there to trim it up, but next weekend I'm a-racing!!!!!
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 02:08 PM   #109
Tech Addict

TP > I thought you were going with the OS motor? What happened?

Revelation next week? You have to come and check out this place, its rocking, just ask Barry
Old 01-09-2002, 07:46 PM   #110
Tech Apprentice

Price discrepancy

www.towerhoobies.com seems to list the NTC3 at $290
but on the Team Assoc'd site, they posted a retail price of $460
Anyone have any thoughts or info on that
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 08:17 PM   #111

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Ae price is full suggested list price. Try Ultimate Hobbies in Cal. they have either kit for $254.www.ultimatehobbies.com
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 09:45 PM   #112
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Re: Price discrepancy

Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn
www.towerhoobies.com seems to list the NTC3 at $290
but on the Team Assoc'd site, they posted a retail price of $460
Anyone have any thoughts or info on that
It will be lower after a few weeks. Take the Super Nitro for example or Yokomo GT4. Both have a list price of $499. But they're street price is about $270. Granted if its retail price is $460, I would say around $255-$260. Tower usually does this so you'll just have to wait.

Or just get it at Ultimate. They always have the best prices.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:43 PM   #113

I got a chance to really work the car last weekend, not under race conditions but some good run time and this thing is very very nice!! The 2 speed took about 4 tanks of fuel to really began to work right and same with the brakes. I can't believe how free the car is! I worked with the conversion for 2 years and could never get it this free. Who ever said Ae could never get a shaft drive car as free as a belt car are dead wrong! The RB engines just kept getting stronger and stronger. Serpents BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:58 PM   #114
Tech Apprentice

TPhalen,

Did you run @ Revelation on Sunday? I think I saw you, driving a black/white car right? Your car looked pretty smooth. What was your setup on Sunday? I did'nt stay for the A main but, I heard that you won followed by Paul who was also driving a NTC3. Just came back from Crystal Park and the car is amazing. I'm still breaking in the engine but, it already has crazy accelleraton. I'll be @ Revelation on Thursday for a little playtime.

Later,
Glitch
glitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:27 AM   #115
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nope...sorry, wasn't me.

Provided I get my tires this week, I will be out at Revelation this Saturday....
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:12 PM   #116
Tech Apprentice

TP,

Sorry about that. Someone told me that person's name was Tony and I guess I jumped the gun. I'll stop by after work on Sat
and If you're around I'll stop and say hi.
glitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:33 AM   #117
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

How many of you NTC3 owners here have considered getting a Trinity Reflex NT before finally deciding on the NTC3?

Well, it looks like you made a excellent choice because all I see and hear is NTC3 owners racing(and winning with) their cars while Reflex NT owners are at home trimming, stretching, soaking, soldering(???), filing, sanding, drilling, cutting, calling Trinity, using V one R parts, pulling their hairs, etc. just to get their cars running. (This is what I observed on this and other forums and at my local track)

So, as soon as my MTX-2 lets me down (or when I can find a better excuse than that, LOL!) I'll go out and get a NTC3 because it seems to me that this is the car to beat at this moment.

Anybody have any negatives about this car besides the ugly stomach pipe?

BTW, have any of you felt any difference between a car that has most of it's components(tank, batt, servo, etc.) centered or almost centered(V one R, MTX-2, GT-4, etc.) and one that doesn't like the NTC3 and the TG10R?
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 03:51 PM   #118

From what I understand the centered weight thing is an over stated design issue. I think it comes from the predominance of that style in 1/8 on road machines. Most 3 belters still have the tank offset anyway(serpent, yoke, ofna, hpi), just not as much. The one thing I noticed at the end of last season on my OB4 was how hard it became to get fast fuel stops when I moved the tank 1/4" inward. Guess where the fuel lid sits on the NTC3? I will bet that any inconsistency due to imbalance is more than made up for in the pits.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 04:32 PM   #119

I tweaked the car last night on a mip tweak station and it's like the Trinity TC3 conversion, it really did'nt matter empty or full of fuel the balance is so close that it really has no effect with the off set tank. The car is so smooth and free on the track and the accelleration and corner speed is great!!! The only problem down the road I see is the way Ae mounts the shocktower/upper control arm mts. They use 3 4/40 screws to hold all this in place on top of the diff housing. I raced a TC3 conversion for 2 years, and the shock tower mts. were always coming loose here, on top of the diffs, and after alot of retightening you were stripping the diff screws. So now you have the shocktower and control arm mt on the same 3 screws, and I think it will always work loose or strip. It would have been so easy to add a couple of legs to the mts. to except 2 more screws in the diff and solve the problem! Look for someone to add this to aftermarket alum goodies. As for the Reflex NT, I considered it but decided against it, Like I said before belt drive cars, except the Impulse, don't impress me. Chris Smith is a hell of a good guy, I don't really know him but he and Raul and a few others worked with me on the TC3 conversion and you would'nt want any better help! Seems like they are having alittle bit of problems with the Reflex but I'm sure they will work it out, hell they're a couple of the best as far as I'm concerned!!! I'm sure Trinity did'nt spend as much money on developement as did Ae, since the Reflex looks like a copy of something, ( I'm not saying what) so your sure to have some problems here and there. I think this weekend will start the battle of which car is better, If I read right , I think Barry and Chris both will be at the same track racing!!!!!! Good luck Chris, from what I've seen out of the NTC3 you'll going to need it!!! I hope both of them have a good race.

Last edited by bbntc3; 01-17-2002 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:14 PM   #120
Tech Addict

TP > When are you going to find out about the tires? Please let me know.