R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-10-2002, 05:09 AM   #1111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just to clairify. Most of the guys racing nt3 have replaced the lower front pivots with titanium since this is the only area the steel ones snapped. The titanium bends instead. Because it doesnt snap you are able to finish the race for the most part. AT 25$CND a pair i tried to reduce using 4 pairs of them but like i said only the front lowers have ever been a problem
Old 08-10-2002, 05:19 AM   #1112
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

ok thanks for the info, i want to get another car because i want to race and i'm can't use my super nitro for that, and i can't sell my super nitro because i put too much money in it, i was really surprised when i smoked that ntc3 on the launch because when you have bigger wheels the launch will be slower, i couldn't get any top end because i was using my buddy's plastic pipe, tommorow or next week i'll get a new pipe and i should smoke him
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 04:15 PM   #1113

You can also use Mugen Pivot balls which will not bend and are cheaper, you just have to drill out the arm to get it to fit. The bearings fail from hitting stuff, just like on the electric tc3. Shim the spider gear in all the way and you won't strip the gears. Still haven't broke a diff case because I use two long screws on the innermost holes to tie it down, because I use cap screws on the braces and the tower sits on top of those when I tighten down the two long screws. I'll post a picture later.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 11:54 PM   #1114
Tech Addict

god the car sure breaks a lot of parts the mtx2 and v one r, and other cars don't break as many parts
Old 08-11-2002, 12:07 AM   #1115
Tech Initiate

yeah i agree!! i dont want to be spending money on spares ijust wanna spend money on tyres and racing stuff !!!
RCinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 12:36 AM   #1116
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Quality?

Can someone please reply to my post? I also am concerned about how the car will stand up to alot of biffen and barging or is it going to break?

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked_on
People,

I am about 50% through building my new NTC3.... And so far i have been a little disapointed about the quality of the kit. I have on numerous occasions found that screws are missing from there bags and one of the screws for the mounting the shocks had a bit of of a hes driver broken off in the head of the screw. And this was a sealed bag from the factory! I have also had problems with getting the screws to fit into the plastic and had to bore it our to make the screws fit....

Did i just get a bad kit or is this a problem?

Cheers,

Andrew
Old 08-11-2002, 01:03 AM   #1117
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer
Default Re: Quality?

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked_on
Can someone please reply to my post? I also am concerned about how the car will stand up to alot of biffen and barging or is it going to break?
I think you got a bad kit - mine had everything in the proper places and it went together very well.

As far as being durable, well, my name ain't Boomer for nothin! I could probably contract out for durability tests.

So far, after a number of races, I have only broken things once! Just once. That was when my receiver pack took a dump and left the throttle wide open and I went into a concrete block wall. I broke the left front lower arm, the trans cases and the shock tower - pretty much what I would have expected for that hit. My old Yok did pretty much the same thing on a hit like that.

I have found my NTC3 easy to assemble, easy to drive, easy to maintain and just a clean design. I am running the car 100% stock - no mods to the tank, no mods to anything, and I am extremely happy with it.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:04 AM   #1118
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Joel Lagace
just to clairify. Most of the guys racing nt3 have replaced the lower front pivots with titanium since this is the only area the steel ones snapped. The titanium bends instead. Because it doesnt snap you are able to finish the race for the most part. AT 25$CND a pair i tried to reduce using 4 pairs of them but like i said only the front lowers have ever been a problem
Haven't seen any of this around here in Southern Cal. I destroyed one of the front arms and the pivot ball stayed happy. Well, as happy as a metal ball can be, I guess.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:08 AM   #1119
Tech Addict

all i know is people tell me that the v one r is the best car cause it's hard to break parts, and it's has a lot of improvement on it that the serpent impulse and the mtx2 doesn't, but the hobby shop that has the parts for it is 40min away i think it's worth it, and i been to a track i seen how fragile the ntc3 is, that thing was popping out ballcups like hell, and i know a guy that has it he said that stock tires sucked like hell! I am serously considering the v one r over the ntc3, it doesn't look like the ntc3 is well thought over
Old 08-11-2002, 01:09 AM   #1120
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
hello, i would like to find out more about the ntc3, i heard people talked about the car and i saw it at the hobby shop but i never seen it run until last week, well you might of guessed we got smoked by it, we did drag races and we noticed that the launch on the ntc3 kinda sucked, even though it had better engine than we did, the launch sucked but the car did catch up and smoked us, the car top speed was about 55mph, so what are the weaknesses of this car? and i keep hearing something about a fuel tank problem, what's wrong with the fuel tank? and would it be possible to use foams without making any adjustments to the suspension? i'm going to probably meet up the guy next week i know i'll smoke him, cause last week i borrowed somebody's plastic pipe cause my pipe was messed up, so tommorow or next week i'll get a new pipe and we will see who is faster, also his car was like 3 or 4mm off the ground and the chassis was never scratched when we raced, and he told me his secret and now i'm doing it, i might tell you what it is later, thanks for the replies.
The clutch is probably the reason that your launch was better than his. If he doesn't clean his clutch bell consistently it will gum up and the shoes will grab early rather than letting the motor spin up properly. No Super10 outlaunches me and mine!

The fuel tank works fine for me, but some (many) put a pressure nipple in the lid to keep the stock one from foaming up the fuel. It's easy and Baker has said that AE will be releasing new tanks with the lid already modded.

Foams want a stiffer suspension setup, period - doesn't matter what car. AE has good setups posted on their site, as does TPhalen at www.competitionx.com
Old 08-11-2002, 01:12 AM   #1121
Tech Elite

Quote:
all i know is people tell me that the v one r is the best car cause it's hard to break parts, and it's has a lot of improvement on it that the serpent impulse and the mtx2 doesn't, but the hobby shop that has the parts for it is 40min away i think it's worth it, and i been to a track i seen how fragile the ntc3 is, that thing was popping out ballcups like hell, and i know a guy that has it he said that stock tires sucked like hell! I am serously considering the v one r over the ntc3, it doesn't look like the ntc3 is well thought over
Where are you at Compaq?

The stock tires that come with ANY car usually suck.

Places I have raced (Camarillo, Rev, Hot Rod's, etc) I have usually done quite well against the V1R - it's been around a lot longer too and has gotten a lot of hopups and revisions. . .

Personally, I think quite well of the NTC3.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:39 AM   #1122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been racing a v1r for the last 12mnths and have been trying alot of different things to improve the car, i have not been able to get much more speed out of it during this process. The is rock solid and very reliable, but the car is too heavy. This is why i have gone to the NTC3, the car is lighter and looses less power through the drive line.

Cheers,

Andrew
Old 08-11-2002, 01:47 AM   #1123
Tech Initiate

i have a Novarossi CX12PS2 and im going to put it in a NTC3 and i was wondering what parts i need for it to fit?? also im going to take off the pull starter does anyone know the part number and a pic of the cap that replaces the pullstart???

thanx in advance!!!
RCinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 03:29 AM   #1124
Tech Addict

i live near crystal park, lately i been killing 1/10 scales on the launch, i got a modded super nitro, the v one r is a little bit heavy but the car will have no problems if you stick an rb x12 in it, i would advice tweaking the suspension a little bit you can be losing way too much speed on the corners
Old 08-11-2002, 09:01 AM   #1125

Quote:
Get the v-one r then(and start posting on that thread). I won't argue that the NTC3 is the strongest car; its just the fastest. Have fun getting parts for the kyosho(oh thats right you won't need any).

Last edited by OB42TC3; 08-11-2002 at 09:04 AM.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote