R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #9361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo9000 View Post
hyperfuxx, keep at it. Dont get discouraged. There tons of info out there, just gotta dig for it. (this thread is full of great info) These cars were hugely popular, and there are a ton of them out there.
I plan on it but it's a pain in the arse to go threw all these forums looking for info on a outdated car. I plan on running it and might give racing onroad a try. Don't see the point of having a bashing onroad car.
hyperfuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #9362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I post once in a blue moon in here.

I've had two seasons of running against the v1, nt1, mtx4, 720, 733 and I must say that the car is still capable, just not very durable.... at least it isnt as durable as my new NT1 .

Jokes aside, I raced this car for 4 years and bashed with it 2 years previous and it was a blast. I just couldnt handle changing diff gears every 10 minutes.

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #9363
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I still use this car to race once in a while.. its still really good on a small techie track.. but on a large track it cant or is very hard to hang with something like a RRR Mugen or NT1 in my opinion.. but its still an awsome car.. the only problem is durability and maintenance can be a pain (diffs).. I recently started running a NT1 and to be honest I am not really faster with the NT1.. but its a small track for nitro..

The settings I used for my track was almost identical..Barry Barkers Vegas setup.. worked a treat for me... its on the associated website..

Also how good is it to be able to pick up parts anywhere.. nearly every hobby shop has something for the NTC3.. its not like that for the NT1..

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfuxx View Post
I plan on it but it's a pain in the arse to go threw all these forums looking for info on a outdated car. I plan on running it and might give racing onroad a try. Don't see the point of having a bashing onroad car.
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #9364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

There's a place on the way home from work that has a bin of parts. And the guy there said it has a weak front end. Looking at motors and pipes. Looks alot easier to work on than I thought. I'm used to my RC8 with filled diffs. Not sure how far I'll take this thing but it's pretty rad.
hyperfuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #9365
Tech Adept

I have been having trouble with my front diff cases... Broken 3 in the past couple weeks.. They are only five bucks but that's not the point... I am looking for a solution now... Trying to find aluminum ones... But yet my buddy has the same car and has not broke one?? AnywAY. Just something to watch out for... Seems to be a common prob with the ntc3
NitroChef tC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #9366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroChef tC3 View Post
I have been having trouble with my front diff cases... Broken 3 in the past couple weeks.. They are only five bucks but that's not the point... I am looking for a solution now... Trying to find aluminum ones... But yet my buddy has the same car and has not broke one?? AnywAY. Just something to watch out for... Seems to be a common prob with the ntc3
All you need is "THE FIX" and there will be no need for aluminum diff cases. I found one in the want to buy forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Rc10ntc3-dsc00020.jpg  
bhambrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #9367
Tech Adept

I will take a look, thanks man
NitroChef tC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #9368
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default aluminum drive cups

Hey Guys
Maybe of you knowledgeable racers could me out.....?

I'm looking for aluminum drive cups from IRS. http://www.teamirsrc.com/irs143.html
Dave at IRS is out, and I'm trying to find some, but have come up empty-handed. Doesn’t necessarily have to be from IRS.

Any leads?
Thanks
N
Hard Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #9369
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Guys
Need your help again.......
I'm looking for an aluminum (pumpkin case) - replacement to part #2368 ,, ?

Dose anybody make one-- or ever made one? If so, can I purchase one new? Or, dose anyone have one of these babies for sale?
Cheers
N
Hard Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #9370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION!

Just picked up a pair of these cars. a version 1 with some alu bits but a filthy pig, and a brand new run maybe 5 times FT with a nice engine.

I plan to race the FT model, was wanting to take the good alu bits from the other one and transfer them over but after taking the car apart, soaking and cleaning all the black crap off everything, the only worthwhile part to swap woujld be the alu trans case, which the FT model im getting has the "Fix" already, so no point..
spare... transmission? i guess?

the main thing im worried about is the difficulty finding the suspension balls though. seems most places are out of stock or unavailable.. so ill have the balls left in the v1 if my v2FT breaks but was hoping to have two running cars.

are there alternates that will work?

have a lot of reading to do in this thread to set the car up. i know its not going to be as competitive as a shiney new xray or serpent, but not nearly the driver level yet to appreciate either of those $500 chassis. two ntc3's, complete "minus this one swivel ball", two running engines, bunch of parts for $250. cant complain =)
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #9371
Suspended

Good to see someone else running the Ntc3 !!! Towerhobbies has lots of parts for it , and would recommend that you download the ntc3 manual/ parts list off the web !!! Google it ! The ntc3 is just as fast as any other car out there, eventhough everybody else is putting it down: it's all about the driver......
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #9372
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

im probably gonna have to go on there and buy out their suspension parts cause i expect to break some.
couldn't find a pivot ball that fits so im out of luck test driving this car i have now, will just have to wait for the V2FT to show up.

probably good. i don't know much about glow engines yet and im having a tough time keeping the novarossi 12cx on this car alive. i got it to idle ok but having trouble with going from on throttle to idle. usually dies.

cant figure out what the factory baselines are supposed to be.

ah well. should finish putting it back together. still gotta clean/refill the shocks and find a reciever pack that works.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #9373
Suspended

You have alot of work to do buddy! Good luck .......
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #9374
Tech Elite

Got the ftntc3 on friday and got to play around a bit. Burnt up three plugs running way lean. Spent some time googling the factory lsn setting and got it running beautifully on r5 plugs and 20% fuel.

Might need a lower first gear though. Car has highest and lowest gears in. 7 split. Very fast but bbqs tires and difficult to drive on throttle.
Also came withfront one-way. No front brakes? Nothx!

Oh. Already broke a strut tower.

Fun car. Cheap to get parts for but pia to work on compared to my tc5. Still. Cant wait to dial it and get it out for
Club racing.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #9375
Suspended

If you want front brakes you will need a front spool kit !!! You will drive faster around a track, and won't have to worry about spinouts. You will also need to put up front one set of losi lcd drives(losa3344) to stop chatter and gain steering. The lcd's fit perfectly, and are the most important fixes in the ntc3 that most racers don't know about....