R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-15-2002, 11:30 PM   #901
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to RCKID

whats up guys, just got my NTC3

woke up , waited till 1 : 30 pm, wwent to hobby town usa, bought rear exhaust tc3 kit even though i have a 12 cvr side exhaust engine, well........he didnt have a side exhaust kit, so ibought a rear exhaust , opened the kit in the hobby shop after i payed for it [ 305 $ with tax] and gave him the rear exhaust manifiold and pipe, and got a new side exhaust pipe and manifold for a "trade in" , and got the new stuff, and well.....got home at 3::30 pm, stated building car, not even got 1 break, not even 1 min of non stop working it got all the way around the closk from 3:30 pm when i started building the car unitl 4 am at night, and well. got tired, bleeding fingers form using allen wrenches, and well, went to sleep, and got up at 9, at 9:30 am started working on my car and well, got finished at 2 pm, man this kit is made perfectly, i mean just beautiful car kit, and so i finished it, vut the crank shaft put the engine in, and well. the gas tank needs a newly built design cause the car kept on stalling on me, when i had this 12 cvr os max engine in my rs4 it NEVER EVER stalled on me, even if i played for 10 hrs at 300 degrees fareiggeight, but for some reason any adjustment to the carb. i make the engine just keeps stalling, adn also dissapointments for me were that i was bleeding all over the place from the stupid wrenches, diffs are plastic? that sucks, and also that th ecar cant idle a second, and also i dont like how u have to adjust the cars diffs, cause u have to take the cvd's out and this and that whatever and it takes for ever, n e ways , after i finished the kit, i went to hobby tywon again and picked up a honda civic hpi body and well painted and attahced it and am ready tio race at LHS this weeked on sunday, btw: does n e one make a better fuel tank? , cause that fuel tank just sucks, so please help me you guys, car wont even idle 1 secondthe first thing i would ever buy are some very good quality allen drivers, the l shaped ones make u bleed, and also they strip and require new one to be bought or they when they strrip u take a dremel and cut that piece iff and start out with a fresh piece, i went through 3 WHOLE sets of allen l shape thingies, i bought 2 extra sets and also had 1 set in box which equals to 3
RCKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:25 AM   #902
Tech Elite

RCKID aka arash makes me glad I own a Kyosho, so he does not post in our forum

Condolences to all the other "real" NTC3 owners.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:34 AM   #903
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
RCKID aka arash makes me glad I own a Kyosho, so he does not post in our forum

Condolences to all the other "real" NTC3 owners.
I think I'll send him a V1R. What do you think AMGRacer?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:35 AM   #904
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

I think I'll send him a V1R. What do you think AMGRacer?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 08:48 AM   #905
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Second kit!!!

Well I just inked a deal for a second kit to back up my NTC3. At the Nats they ran the manifolds 0.250" shorter with the dual Chamber pipe. They said it hits a sweet spot with the motors and helped top-end. So now I can try some new things like different pipe lengths!!!

Does anyone have any idea how much to shorten the manifold for the standard RE muffler? This being for a ROAR legal 12 motor and a track with a 200' back straight. I am looking for more breathing down the straight, and some more bottom end wouldn't hurt!!!

Thanks guys,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:39 AM   #906
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Sorry Ray - I'm still running bone stock, even the tank. I had to pull my modded tank out since it wasn't working properly.
Old 07-16-2002, 10:12 AM   #907

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Hey Sidewinder I think I'll pay half the $ for the V1R!!!!!!

Hey Snake_bit: He's not hitting the walls and breaking the cvds the power the RB puts out just twist them into!!!!! We stripped a frt pinion last week . I'll talk at ya!!BB

Last edited by bbntc3; 07-16-2002 at 10:15 AM.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:23 PM   #908
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
Does anyone know if the shiney dog bones for the cvds that fit the electric will fit the NTC3? Anyone know the part # for the shiney ones? Everyone is complaining that the AE oneway is junk and to buy the yok oneway, but I have twisted 2 sets of blue alum cvd bones out of the car and 2 diff pinions, with no oneway troubles yet!.

MIP 1481: Work well. won't troque like the alumi's but still bend... At only $15 a pair much cheaper then the alumi's.
ChristopherKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 04:21 PM   #909
Tech Initiate

hhmmm?

thats strange, my os 12 cvr wont idle with the tc3, but it did idle with the rs4

THATS why i ordered the new associated tank at part # 7719 im getting it in 3 wks, woo hoo!!!!
and also i ordered a rpm bumper and a rc10gt slipper spring
Old 07-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #910
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

RCKid - if your NTC-3 won't idle with the stock tank, don't expect too much from a new one. . .at idle the stock tank won't foam enough to affect things - it's something else. I would expect it to be your shaft - that was one problem i had to work out.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:44 PM   #911

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Thanks Chris K I went ahead and ordered them be here friday at LHS, damn I'm glad I don't pay what you guys pay for parts, the mip shiny's cost me about $9 a set!!!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 07:59 PM   #912
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
RCKid - if your NTC-3 won't idle with the stock tank, don't expect too much from a new one. . .at idle the stock tank won't foam enough to affect things - it's something else. I would expect it to be your shaft - that was one problem i had to work out.
what happens to the shaft?

AND ALSO EVERYONE WHAT ARE YOUR 2 SPD SETTINGS AT???? MINE ARE AT STOCK 3 1/2 AND MY CAR WONT SHIFT, AND I DONT WANT TO ADJUST IT CAUSE I WANT U GUIYS TO TELL ME , ITLL BE ALOT EASIER, PLEASE POST YOUR TURNS FROM CLOSED POSTION ON YOUR 2 SPD PLEASE
]
Old 07-16-2002, 09:57 PM   #913
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to ozzie boy Send a message via AIM to ozzie boy Send a message via Yahoo to ozzie boy

ok ppl im gettin a ntc3 in a few weeks and im planing on gettin either one of these motors
rs12s3 $440 a.u
mt12 turbo $405 a.u
jp mod rs12 $470 a.u
O.S tr12 for $325 a.u

so if it were you gettin a new motor what would it be?

and i do plan on racing it (i already race a ob4 pro) all the time
ozzie boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 10:34 PM   #914
Tech Initiate

rs12 se

or

os 12 tr
Old 07-16-2002, 11:05 PM   #915
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ozzie I have the OS TR, I couldn't ask for a better motor. THere are several ntc3's with the TR at our track and there is no moror faster. I'm not saying there isn't anything beter out there, it just doesn't run here. there are ntc3's with mugen and novarossi's here, but they aren't as fast.
Z Man is online now   Reply With Quote