R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #9001
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

I am planning a full season with a team ntc3 kit purchased from ae last week. I plan to run on small circuits in the NYC area. Already purchased a cyntax clutch(k-factory) as well as an integy starter box. I've heard all the talk about serpent, mugen etc... and with some set up advice, I'm sure this car could be very competitive. My only concern is choosing the proper engine that won't tear the driveline up as I am hearing about the tremendous horsepower from recent .12 motors. Any suggestions?
dominick i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #9002
Tech Initiate

ae new tc5 is out theres a ad in the back of rc car action magazine. t1bob 1st let me tell u that i might not write correctly as i learned english 2nd i am using a playstion portable to be online i have to type each letter by at a time just like in cell phone
nteec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:02 PM   #9003
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to T1bobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick i.
I am planning a full season with a team ntc3 kit purchased from ae last week. I plan to run on small circuits in the NYC area. Already purchased a cyntax clutch(k-factory) as well as an integy starter box. I've heard all the talk about serpent, mugen etc... and with some set up advice, I'm sure this car could be very competitive. My only concern is choosing the proper engine that won't tear the driveline up as I am hearing about the tremendous horsepower from recent .12 motors. Any suggestions?

Same here full season with my old NTC3 but with a few mods! A really good engine to think about getting would probly be the O.S TZ from with i have seen this engine kills in the ntc3 and with a really good setup your right it would hang with the best of them
T1bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #9004
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nteec3
ae new tc5 is out theres a ad in the back of rc car action magazine. t1bob 1st let me tell u that i might not write correctly as i learned english 2nd i am using a playstion portable to be online i have to type each letter by at a time just like in cell phone

...... im sorry
Old 01-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #9005
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

picked up a axe rossi .12 turbo for starters. I'll probably also get a tz and compare.
dominick i. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:42 AM   #9006
Tech Apprentice

Default S.O.S

Hi Guys

I was working on my NTC3 tonight installing "The Fix" at the front of the car. Just as i finished screwing in the screw and as i was removing the Hudy hex driver the tip has snapped off inside the head of the screw. There is a diagnol break and i have been trying to get a pair of pliers onto it

I don't want to wreck the screw, but i need to be able to remove that screw otherwise i am unable to do anything with the front of the car

Please help me...

Thanks in advance
RB_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #9007
Tech Adept

RB Racer, sorry, your out of luck on the screw. If you cannot get a hold of it with a pair of pliers, then the only thing that can be done is to take a dremmel and cut a screw driver slice into the screw head and remove the screw to be replaced with new.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #9008
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne
i want it TIGHTER more stiff more like a solid axle than the 1/4 turn out from tight ae say is as tight as one can go, i am assuming that if you somehow made the diff balls in the gear drag a bit, say with a round peice cardboard either side of balls it would make it feel tighter and work more like a solid axle..... sorry maybe I am being unclear with what i am asking to accomplish
Wayne, I dont believe that you have much of a choice with the ntc3 diffs. You could either try the front one way, or the solid spool. If you tighten the front diff in as far as it can go, you will pretty much have to replace the front diff gears as often as per race and risk it failing before the finish of the race. If you tighten it more than the allowable tolerence that ae actually put in their manual, then it will also strip. The other option is the front spool, which is the solid axle that you are refrencing. If you use the front spool, it will also strip the front or rear diff gears with a slight tap of the wall, or coming down from an airplane effect off of a curb or crash. Your best bet is to learn to drive fast with a front one way, or use the diff as issued by ae. It can be done either way you decide.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #9009
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook
Wayne, I dont believe that you have much of a choice with the ntc3 diffs. You could either try the front one way, or the solid spool. If you tighten the front diff in as far as it can go, you will pretty much have to replace the front diff gears as often as per race and risk it failing before the finish of the race. If you tighten it more than the allowable tolerence that ae actually put in their manual, then it will also strip. The other option is the front spool, which is the solid axle that you are refrencing. If you use the front spool, it will also strip the front or rear diff gears with a slight tap of the wall, or coming down from an airplane effect off of a curb or crash. Your best bet is to learn to drive fast with a front one way, or use the diff as issued by ae. It can be done either way you decide.
ok so I stuck with it as is, pity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_Racer
I was working on my NTC3 tonight installing "The Fix" at the front of the car. Just as i finished screwing in the screw and as i was removing the Hudy hex driver the tip has snapped off inside the head of the screw. There is a diagnol break and i have been trying to get a pair of pliers onto it

I don't want to wreck the screw, but i need to be able to remove that screw otherwise i am unable to do anything with the front of the car

Please help me...
dude try turning the car upside down and tapping it on something, and busting a hudy hex driver is WTF how on earth you manage that, if that don't work then you prob stuffed the screw anyway by twisting the head of driver in the screw, be what I would try, or stand it on its front end and bang the front foam bar on something hard, depending on how/where its stuck
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #9010
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
RB Racer, sorry, your out of luck on the screw. If you cannot get a hold of it with a pair of pliers, then the only thing that can be done is to take a dremmel and cut a screw driver slice into the screw head and remove the screw to be replaced with new.

I will try that i have nothing to lose. Worst case scenario, i guess i get Mr Dremel out and cut through the bottom of the diff case and cut the screw. Only hope i can then unwind the top diff case to get the diff out.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #9011
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne
ok so I stuck with it as is, pity

dude try turning the car upside down and tapping it on something, and busting a hudy hex driver is WTF how on earth you manage that, if that don't work then you prob stuffed the screw anyway by twisting the head of driver in the screw, be what I would try, or stand it on its front end and bang the front foam bar on something hard, depending on how/where its stuck
Hi Wayne

It is the screw from the bottom of the chassis you install with the BMI Racing "The Fix"...

This is the second Hudy tool that has broken like this for me now. The first was one of their Phillips screw driver on my 1/8th buggy engine mout screw and it just shattered everywere. These were all brand new when i started to build the car at the start of the week, and one of the drives won't even fit the size screw it is designed for. Alway thought Hudy was quality stuff, think twice about buying it again...

I will order a set of FT Hex Drivers from Stormer, but i now have 2 months to move so all RC spending is on hold till i do this

Thanks
Old 01-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #9012
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_Racer
Hi Guys

Please help me...

Thanks in advance

really dude lol how did you do that
Old 01-25-2007, 07:17 AM   #9013
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1bobo
really dude lol how did you do that
Chris,
You just need to get out and race!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #9014
Tech Adept

Quote:
Chris,
You just need to get out and race!

Is this who i think it it!!

Suradat how you been man?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #9015
Tech Adept

Yup, its me. See you at the next race. I just want to test out the car and engine I just reassemled since I did not sell it off as I should have done months ago.