R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #8986
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
I thought i had the pickup points at the lowest points, so it wouldn't have been an issue. As the level came down; i thought it would have been equal on both sides, making the fuel flow equal from both points.

Maybe i am wrong...

I think most manufacturers have gone off shaft drive chassis for Pro Tourers so i don't see any of this being reality. I think the reasoning behind is to do with the more and more powerful engines that have become available and as the grip comes up it reveals the weakest point (eg crown and pinion gears).

BB
i see your point, and having the pick up points as low as possible is a good thing. maybe i am confused as well, but maybe under braking is what i may mean. only when there isnt enough fuel to cover the pickup points. with the tank pressurised if any air can enter the pick up points it certainly will pick up some air, but for the first 4 minuets or so it shouldnt be a problem. i know in a real car tank, manufacturers have a second fuel pump to make sure the primary pump is well delivered of a fuel supply, such vehicles being Subarus. maybe what can be done is to baffle the tank at the bottom, with very small holes at the bottom say 2 small holes in a line of 3 baffles per side to stop the fuel from going forward under braking when the level is too low. cheers.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #8987
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1bobo
Its not much a diffrence between the two pipes but a better pipe to compare the werks to would probly be the ofna pipe! But dont get me wrong the FT is good but i have ran both the ofna and the werks and i would choose the ofna over both!

Have you used the RDLogics pipe for the ntc3 that is what I am using at the moment but was damaged last race.
Sheer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #8988
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to T1bobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheer29
Have you used the RDLogics pipe for the ntc3 that is what I am using at the moment but was damaged last race.

Sorry i havent used RDlogics but a few of the guys that i raced with that had NTC3's did and i only herd good things about it! the only thing i herd about the RD is that the stinger is very easy to break but i have never used one before
T1bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #8989
Tech Initiate

Default whats up

its cool that this car is still alive will ask a few questions later
nteec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #8990
Tech Adept

Yeah lets bring the NTC3 back!

Anyone got pics of there cars laying around??

Setups?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 AM   #8991
Tech Initiate

Yeah lets bring the NTC3 back I'm stlll racing the NTC3 in Australia winning a few races against the ky and mug cars, still competitive but waiting and hopping for a new NTC?? from AE.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #8992
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheer29
Yeah lets bring the NTC3 back I'm stlll racing the NTC3 in Australia winning a few races against the ky and mug cars, still competitive but waiting and hopping for a new NTC?? from AE.

This is very good to hear i just pulled mine down from the self a few days ago and will be running it for as long as i can keep wheels on it its a very good car but sometimes jumping a the bandwaggon is all for the wrong reasons some people say that the NTC3 is ugly and thats why they made the switch but thats stupid.... but sometimes it can be for the good faster lap time LHS support etc... but in that case the NTC3 woulednt still be around and from what im hearing it is still turing out lap times like it was a belt drive car!! and its really easy to work on lol Hey sheer29 do you have any pics of your car? what kind of track do you run at (small,med,big parking lot etc...)
Old 01-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #8993
Tech Adept

err "bring it back" - it never left imho shaft drive is king idk why there isn't more of them, its still very competitive with the kyoshos, mugens etc.... what lets it down as mine dont like being stacked as hard as I do - the car has both the speed and the handling to match it with these cars, and its alot cheaper than them, if only parts support in oz were better - ok enough of that heres my question :

is there a way to simulate "thicker" diff oil by modifying the front diff - come up with a few ideas on as to how this could be achieved (increasing the friction of the balls on the plates for example), just wondering if anybody tried it and if it worked
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #8994
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne
err "bring it back" - it never left imho shaft drive is king idk why there isn't more of them, its still very competitive with the kyoshos, mugens etc.... what lets it down as mine dont like being stacked as hard as I do - the car has both the speed and the handling to match it with these cars, and its alot cheaper than them, if only parts support in oz were better - ok enough of that heres my question :

is there a way to simulate "thicker" diff oil by modifying the front diff - come up with a few ideas on as to how this could be achieved (increasing the friction of the balls on the plates for example), just wondering if anybody tried it and if it worked

I thought that setting the diff's tightness did the trick of simulating thicker diff oil!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #8995
Tech Initiate

belive me i have read thru all 300 pages i could say i read 96% wanted to know how was in the begining . what do u guys think of the prototype that team ae is using its a belt car i read at rc car action that its at production. i havent race yet only practice am a beginner have ntc3 novarossi ns12 stock with hd one way front blade bar f sway bar rear threaded shocks i think thats it
nteec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #8996
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nteec3
belive me i have read thru all 300 pages i could say i read 96% wanted to know how was in the begining . what do u guys think of the prototype that team ae is using its a belt car i read at rc car action that its at production. i havent race yet only practice am a beginner have ntc3 novarossi ns12 stock with hd one way front blade bar f sway bar rear threaded shocks i think thats it

I dont think that i will be jumping on the bandwaggon with this one i dont car to much for electic onroad! ....and also in the future caould you maybe make what you are trying to say abit more clear to for all of us to read

Is anyone running rubbers inhere and would like to share there setup wit me for parking lot racing?? I already have one for my big track
Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #8997
Tech Adept

I need go tighter than the 1/4 turn out that ae say are as tight as you can go, or stiffer than that
Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #8998
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne
I need go tighter than the 1/4 turn out that ae say are as tight as you can go, or stiffer than that

.....Not sure what you are trying to say but i wouldnt go past 1/2 a turn it might be to loose and blow you diff to dust happend to me today went to loose and tha dang thing just blew up!!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #8999
Tech Adept

i want it TIGHTER more stiff more like a solid axle than the 1/4 turn out from tight ae say is as tight as one can go, i am assuming that if you somehow made the diff balls in the gear drag a bit, say with a round peice cardboard either side of balls it would make it feel tighter and work more like a solid axle..... sorry maybe I am being unclear with what i am asking to accomplish
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 AM   #9000
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1bobo
This is very good to hear i just pulled mine down from the self a few days ago and will be running it for as long as i can keep wheels on it its a very good car but sometimes jumping a the bandwaggon is all for the wrong reasons some people say that the NTC3 is ugly and thats why they made the switch but thats stupid.... but sometimes it can be for the good faster lap time LHS support etc... but in that case the NTC3 woulednt still be around and from what im hearing it is still turing out lap times like it was a belt drive car!! and its really easy to work on lol Hey sheer29 do you have any pics of your car? what kind of track do you run at (small,med,big parking lot etc...)

The NTC3 is not ugly car, here are some pic on my car just finished rebuilding it after some dick push me in to a wall racing not k Factoory full tank smashed up, the normal tank in the car at the moment
the track the i race at it a mid .asp to high traction track and is a med size track, it is a newly build track.
http://www.gcmr.org.au/gallery

orso I will give you some pic of the in side of the car soon to big in size to places on post
Attached Thumbnails
Rc10ntc3-ntc3.jpg   Rc10ntc3-ntc3-1.jpg   Rc10ntc3-ntc-2.jpg