Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Addict

i currently run the ntc3 competitive racing and i manage to keep up with all the other cars. one thing i would do is upgrade your rear suspension to version 2.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have a car 4 sale if any one's looking http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104433
Old 03-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intimidator
the plastic front cup breaks easy with a one way,if you gotta diff in the front you dont need the aluminum cup.i had plastic on mine forever,but when i tried a one way i destroyed a bunch of plastic ones.one tap on the boards and its toast.
Same thing happened to me. Using a front diff, the plastic cup works fine, but with the one way, I broke 2 of them.

Now I have an IRS aluminium cup to use with one way, but I run mostly with diff and std plastic cup.

Last edited by Sedanfahrer; 03-04-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MR Spyder
Guys, I have my NTC3 lying in my store for abt 4 yrs now..
Am thinking of getting back to RC again.. However, I'm not sure if I should get myself a new one, or to get my NTC3 running back again.

What would u all advice?
Should I, or should I not??

I really like the NTC3 a lot!! Very low CG, low-lying car.. Handles well.. But then, because of its 'age', am not sure if its a feasible thing to have it running again.
If it's in good shape, dust it off and run it. If you haven't driven in 4 years, you're going to need to practice - better to practice on this than a new car - you're gonna hit some stuff. Once you get to the point where the car seems like the limiting factor, then worry about it. At that point, all you might want to do is just update the car you have - add the new V2 rear end, etc. The NTC3 can still be very competitive - no need to get rid of it unless its in bad shape.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Graphite vs plastic

I've been racing the ntc3 going on three years with better than average skills.
I just want to know can anyone feel the difference in handling from the plastic to graphite change. The only change I feel in the car is it enters and exits the corners quicker and the car feels a little more responsive.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Corner Weight
If it's in good shape, dust it off and run it. If you haven't driven in 4 years, you're going to need to practice - better to practice on this than a new car - you're gonna hit some stuff. Once you get to the point where the car seems like the limiting factor, then worry about it. At that point, all you might want to do is just update the car you have - add the new V2 rear end, etc. The NTC3 can still be very competitive - no need to get rid of it unless its in bad shape.
Hi.. yeah, am gonna recond my NTC3.
I have a problem though; the screws on the NTC3 tend to strip very easily!!
ARGH.. so darn frustrating! Is there any way(s) to solve the screw stripping problem??

Have taken a couple of pics of my NTC3 in the recond process.. will try to put up pics soon.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You have to use 3mm screws, they are just a tad bigger than the 4-40s.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pics of my NTC3

No radio tray yet (Am getting the K-Factory one);

My trusty RB 5-port (its almost 4 yrs since I last started it!!)

Am not sure whether or not it'll start again..
My apologies if the pics don't come out good. I'm using my camera phone..
Old 03-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Elliott hart
I've been racing the ntc3 going on three years with better than average skills.
I just want to know can anyone feel the difference in handling from the plastic to graphite change. The only change I feel in the car is it enters and exits the corners quicker and the car feels a little more responsive.
Bro.. no difference...
Old 03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Asking the pro's...RTR or kit

I may be getting myself into nitro onroad...and am leaning towards a NTC3..but have a question as to if I should get the RTR or the kit. I love assembling kits, but have heard that the RTR is competitive right out of the box.
I just wanted to get y'all racers take....would it be cheaper to get the RTR and make the "necessary" upgrades..or get the factory team kit and build it up with a better engine/pipe/servos? I will only make it out to race once or twice a month....so I would like to keep the costs down, yet have a competitive ride as I learn the nitro side....
RTR or Kit???
Old 03-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I`ve seen a number of RTR`s running on the track and they do perform very well straight out of the box.
The Factory Team kits are very good, and coupled with the right engine, driver, and setup will be very competitive against most cars.
The major bonus of buying a car in kit form is understanding how it goes together.....when a problem eventually occurs this know-how from building the kit will really help.
Cheers
Old 03-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What is the major differences between the RTR and the FTeam? I am currently running in Gas Touring class up here, so i need side exhaust. It is a shame AE have ditched the "Team Version"... best of both worlds then, kit form and side exhaust

BB
Old 03-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

if you have never owned a nitro tourer then go for rtr because it would be the best to learn all the skills needed to run it like tuning an engine and how the clutch works etc.....
then as your skills develop you should start changing the engine and radio as you get more confident.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
What is the major differences between the RTR and the FTeam? I am currently running in Gas Touring class up here, so i need side exhaust. It is a shame AE have ditched the "Team Version"... best of both worlds then, kit form and side exhaust

BB
Theres quite a few......pipe, engine mounts, cvds etc etc are all different.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
if you have never owned a nitro tourer then go for rtr because it would be the best to learn all the skills needed to run it like tuning an engine and how the clutch works etc.....
then as your skills develop you should start changing the engine and radio as you get more confident.
I would say these skills would be better learnt by building a kit than getting a RTR. Kit works out cheaper in the long run by the time you get a RTR up to kit spec. Its up to you either choice shouldnt dissapoint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.