R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 AM   #8746
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
now that thundertiger and ae have merged they are going to get rid of the ts4n and thundertiger will be using the ntc3 design for their rtr line while ae will be more focused on 'pro' or 'racer' type kits.
it should be due out early next year as with their new electric tourer but no details have been released of either designs.
Some of the Thunder Tiger parts actually are the same as the NTC3`s....the fuel tanks are identical
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:08 AM   #8747
Tech Adept

replacing the tc4 ALREADY! hrmph do they not wish to recoup the dev costs, and as for the thunder tiger buyout I hope the quality of the car that has "team asociated" written on it is good stuff, don't really matter who owns ae as long as ae continue to make good cars, we all know what will happen if the nitro tourer from ae that supercedes the ntc3 is shit, well they will have killed ae's branding now wouldn't they. If I was thunder tiger I would view the "team associated" brand as an asset, releasing a shit car devalues THEIR asset

aight I shuddup now sry guys
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:50 AM   #8748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

no, i fully agree with you.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #8749
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

The wait is over....AE new car? (I hope not, and I am sure it is not, just want to see what you guys react...LOL)...but it is TT new car.... and smell like "GPM" nightmare edition........

Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:46 AM   #8750
Tech Elite

wow, that's not very attractive. looks pretty ugly to me, but it does look like it got the alloy job. i'm not convinced. where is this picture from anyways?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:13 AM   #8751
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
wow, that's not very attractive. looks pretty ugly to me, but it does look like it got the alloy job. i'm not convinced. where is this picture from anyways?
That Germany Toy Show couple weeks ago............by all means, it is NOT the new NTC4, but isn't it...? (that is a new Thunder Tiger TC....I have to agree, so, 1999....)
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #8752
Tech Elite

ya, the red looks so.....showy.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #8753
Tech Adept

that looks like it would weigh a tonne with all the alloy bits, they can keeps it damn belt car.....

I hate belt tensioners - in the past they have always stuffed up at the most crucial time for me
Old 02-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #8754
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
... while ae will be more focused on 'pro' or 'racer' type kits.
it should be due out early next year as with their new electric tourer but no details have been released of either designs.
Where did you get this info from and how accurate is it? Just curious since I am looking into getting a nitro for next season.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #8755
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kyosho3PKRacer Send a message via MSN to Kyosho3PKRacer

That car is the old thunder tiger TS4-N series, if thats new they must be smoking something because it looks like the one i got 4 years ago even with same parts.

To tell you the truth even though it don't look like much i had one when i first started and it handled quite well and was very smooth.

I was beating alot of the top guys with that thing with only a thunder tiger EVO motor in it which hp wise is probably less than 1 lol
Kyosho3PKRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #8756
Tech Addict

the info is very accurate and the new nitro tourer should be out early next year.The new car will definately be ae not thundertiger.as i said before, thundertiger is going to be producing cars aimed at the bashing market e.g rtr or newbies.thundertiger is going to be using ae designs on their cars so that ts4n will be obsolete and thundertiger will adopt the ntc3 design into their rtr cars.

associated will be producing the racer kits and the new car is all new car.They may use bits and peices off the ntc3 but the overall design should be different.

the info came direct from associated although i don't think they will give info out to the public.
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:47 PM   #8757
Tech Addict

kyosho3pkracer and i have been lucky enough to be given all this info.the new car is specifically aimed at the racers and will be up there as it once was with the rrr and mugens and serpents !!!
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #8758
Tech Adept

thats all well and good, but what is going to happen to parts support for the ntc3...

I just bought my ntc3 NEW goddamnit...
Old 02-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #8759
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NSantana Send a message via MSN to NSantana

LOL,

I'm not holding my breath on a AE "racer" belt car....WAYNE, you'll get plenty of time out of your NTC3 as people still have parts for the old HPI RS4's...no reason to worry there.

Now I admit the car is mechanical piece of art. Thats why its been out for so long, it just works! But to put it on the mugen/kyosho/serpent level..i dont know about that (you'll have to be one hell of a driver)...it'll be one hell of a back up car though!
NSantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:11 AM   #8760
Tech Elite

Quote:
it'll be one hell of a back up car though!
that's what i am going to do this spring. since the LHS at my track is closed on race days ( ), and i don't like stocking parts, i usually have to resort to a backup car by the end of the day (most of the time, not all ).