R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-02-2002, 02:00 PM   #856
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Joel that is very much the same thing I came up with on my tank.As for the box I made pieces of thick Kydex that fit the shape of the rear of the car and screwed it to the chassis and another piece of kydex for the cutout down beside the tank that is bevelled all the way around so the car just drops onto the right spot every time.
Since I run the wide foams I have also cut out a section of the box to make room for the left rear wheel of the car.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:18 AM   #857

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Ok guys a few pages back woody stated that the new crc trackmagnets are of a different compound, the yellow rimmed tires are for carpet and the white is for asphault. This bothered me since I have been racing with crc foams for quite some now now and was not told by CRC or my LHS that there was a difference. I spoke with John and with Frank Calandra yesterday at CRC and they said the statement is false, the only difference between the 2 types of rims are that the white rimmed tires are 26 and 30mm, where the yellow rimmed rubber can be purchased from 28mm through 35mm. So Woody not trying to start anything just clearing the issue up, I think you were miss led. If you would like to read this for your self go to the CRC Forum and look it up under track magnets! Like I stated back a couple days ago I switched to the GH chassis and the fuel tank with the lid mod works fine now! I only use a minimum length pressure line too! No more 2ft. line you guys say you need! BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 02:50 PM   #858
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer
Default Lid mod

Hi,

I had done the lid mod and had it working great around here, running in a brand new smooth clean parking lot right next door to me (great to start things off! ). It worked fine and I had no problems.

I went to the Norrca Nats and immediately had problems. The motor wouldn't tune, the car wouldn't run for more than 2-3 minutes without it quitting, without explanation.

I had several people, including Billy from Speedworld, Jim (aww, can't remember his last name now!!! ) and several Schumaker pros look at it and help me out. Nothing worked until I removed the mod'd tank and replaced it with the stock tank. It seemed that the tank was blowing open just a bit and starving the motor. . . ?

Anyway, I had cut 3 holes in the little backplate. . .would that have made a difference?

Strange. I like the mod. . .dont' like foamy fuel. . .

Last edited by Boomer; 07-04-2002 at 02:53 PM.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 10:26 AM   #859
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to NEMMITH
Is the Hardcore chassis for the NTC3 any good? or would I be better off with the Golden Horizon chassis?

What else would I have to do in order to remedy the gas tank problem?

PS. I have done the gas tank mod, do I need to add a second set of o-rings to the bottom of the tank?

NEMMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 05:41 PM   #860
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MtX2ImPuLsEr

Nemmith-get the Golden horizon chassis. i have it and its great. And its cheaper then the Hardcore one as well.
Where in SF do u live?
MtX2ImPuLsEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 08:03 PM   #861

I don't think titanium disapates heat very well, I have all the other Hardcore goodies but I bought the Golden Horizon chassis, you could almost ruin 3 of them for what the Hardcore chassis cost. I was disapointed in the Hardcore upper deck they could do alot better.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:23 PM   #862
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info I think I will get the Golden horizon chassis. Can I pick up anywhere local? Like Bay Area?

MtX2ImPuLsEr: I live in Pacific Heights. What about you?
Old 07-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #863
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MtX2ImPuLsEr

I live near City College in SF. I dont think anyone around SF distributes GH. But if you want to get one. Go to RATZAS.NET or go to NEWERAMODELS.COM, or you can get on on ebay right now.
theres a guy from Teamtayloracing whose selling them. Just type in Nitro Tc3 for the search. I think he wants 60$ for the chassis or engine mounts.

Also GH has a BLUE CHASSIS out now... i wished i had got that one instead of the silverish one

http://ratzas.net/ratzas_performance_rc_072.htm
thats the link to get to the chassis

Last edited by MtX2ImPuLsEr; 07-05-2002 at 10:01 PM.
MtX2ImPuLsEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 06:00 AM   #864
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Aluminum dissipates heat 300 (three hundred) times better than titanium.
Ti is a bad choice for a nitro chassis!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 08:30 AM   #865
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Aluminum dissipates heat 300 (three hundred) times better than titanium.
Ti is a bad choice for a nitro chassis!
it relly should not matter because once the chassie is heat soaked the engine will not get any hotter.
Anyway steve odonnel said that it is not good to remove heat with finned motor mounts. as a matter a fact he said to use some material between the mounts and the engine
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 04:07 PM   #866

Did Steve give you a explanation why, not to use vented motor mt? I did notice that the blue AE mts look vented but are not! [Fake] maybe theres is a reason. I have used vented mt.s instead of non vented for years. I agree with the insulator between the engine and mts. I ' m a diesel and gas engine rebuilder, and have been for over 25 years, and I was just wondering. But now that you mentioned it, I have noticed that the GH chassis is warmer after a race with vented mts, than the stock chassis, with out vented mts. I wonder if theres something to it? Or is it just because it's thicker alum which would hold more heat.
Nova Racer: so your saying once a chassis is heat soaked it does'nt cool down till after you shut it off? I would have to disagree I would think slower speed would slow engine and friction heat so the alum would cool down some at slower speed , faster than the ti chassis would. Its probably not enough to matter though, maybe I think too much or have too much time on my hands!!!!!!!! BB

Last edited by bbntc3; 07-06-2002 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2002, 04:33 PM   #867
Tech Regular

he said something about cooling the mixture before it gets to the combustion chamber would make the fule form back into droplets when it should be some type of atomization process in between the crank case and the transfer ports
Old 07-06-2002, 04:35 PM   #868
Tech Regular

Attached Images
File Type: gif 7lge.gif (79.3 KB, 244 views)
Old 07-06-2002, 06:04 PM   #869
Tech Adept

I am unable to look at your attachment. What gives???
Old 07-06-2002, 06:32 PM   #870
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by NEMMITH
I am unable to look at your attachment. What gives???
here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=139015