R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-20-2006, 06:07 AM   #8611
Tech Initiate

I've heard good things about the RPM bumper. Are you talking about the plastic part of the bumper or the foam?
Elliott hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:26 AM   #8612
Tech Adept

The blue plastic bumper, life time garranty
alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #8613
Tech Adept

I reckon this car is fantastic even tho the design is old - and as for durability I have given mine a whooping at the track and NOTHING has broken NOTHING this thing is a brick idk how durable you guys expect it to be but geeze - maybe there is nothing ae believe needs improving I have raced mine in stock class and the car handles better than these "newer" ones you mention what hurts it is when the reciever tells it to do the wrong thing and <smack> this is a great car and I personally see no need for aftermarket parts - all I have done to mine is put bearings in the swing rack, threaded shock bodies and unobtainium shafts (all ae FT gear) and its a rocket in stock class.
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:22 AM   #8614
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to AJC13B

ae_ntc3 - My best lap today @ Fairy Meadow was a 15.0 with the standard AE .15 pullstart. First practice session, rear left wheel nut came off, wheel stayed on and car was uncontrollable on power in corners

First qualifying, 6 laps in and the same thing happens!! Steer the car around the track and manage 15 laps with best of 15.4 and an average of 20.

2nd qualifying, left the car as is. 5mm ride height front and back, 37 front and rear @ 62mm diameter. -2 rear camber and -2 toe in. Front droop @ 1 and rear @ 3 (On Hudy gauge) Car ran awesome (as far as im concerned!) Went 18 laps with best of 15.0 and average of 17.3.

Next, listed to some other guys doing well in pull start and went to 37 rear and 40 fronts, car went backwards. 15.8 best lap and overage of 18.4

B final (missed A by 6 seconds!!), back to 37s all round. Go to start and the pull string start stays out Only 3 dudes in the final. Clipped a wall and collapsed rear left bearing, cant power out of corners without spinning. Ended up winning! Get back to pits and realise I forgot to check ride height with new trued tyres!!

Shit. Oh well, Im happy with my 15.0 and improving my driving @ Fairy Meadow! Bring on Nitro GP!!

Last edited by AJC13B; 01-21-2006 at 02:11 AM.
AJC13B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #8615
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hello guys. i am new to the ntc3, and i am looking for after market hopup parts for my car. any good places to look?
dido41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:29 AM   #8616
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

Quote:
Originally Posted by dido41
hello guys. i am new to the ntc3, and i am looking for after market hopup parts for my car. any good places to look?

factory team (its not aftermarket buts its for the best quality and performance)

irs racing and... ummm i forgot the other one

but ya
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:29 PM   #8617
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC13B
ae_ntc3 - My best lap today @ Fairy Meadow was a 15.0 with the standard AE .15 pullstart. First practice session, rear left wheel nut came off, wheel stayed on and car was uncontrollable on power in corners

First qualifying, 6 laps in and the same thing happens!! Steer the car around the track and manage 15 laps with best of 15.4 and an average of 20.

2nd qualifying, left the car as is. 5mm ride height front and back, 37 front and rear @ 62mm diameter. -2 rear camber and -2 toe in. Front droop @ 1 and rear @ 3 (On Hudy gauge) Car ran awesome (as far as im concerned!) Went 18 laps with best of 15.0 and average of 17.3.

Next, listed to some other guys doing well in pull start and went to 37 rear and 40 fronts, car went backwards. 15.8 best lap and overage of 18.4

B final (missed A by 6 seconds!!), back to 37s all round. Go to start and the pull string start stays out Only 3 dudes in the final. Clipped a wall and collapsed rear left bearing, cant power out of corners without spinning. Ended up winning! Get back to pits and realise I forgot to check ride height with new trued tyres!!

Shit. Oh well, Im happy with my 15.0 and improving my driving @ Fairy Meadow! Bring on Nitro GP!!
lol well my day started off bad as in the first race i hit a barrier and the ball end popped off the ball so i only had one wheel steering.

2nd race i finished but the car was handling like a shopping trolley.I took it to andrew abbott and he looked at it and found that the rear shocks leaked out some of their oil.so i topped them up and then went from green rear spring to blue andwent 40tyres all round and viola!!!!!the car was magic.

in the third race the car was awesome.the first 5 laps i was on A final pace but then i had to lap other cars which slowed me down .
i ended up being third on the grid in the B final and only missed the A by a few seconds!!!
in the B final i was the quickest off the mark(cut shoes, standard spring) and actually hit the back of the pole position car!!! then there was a big crash at the first corner and i was last.dead last.slowly i started passing everyone and because the leader had a flame out i won the B final
It was a 10 minute race
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:56 PM   #8618
Tech Fanatic

Well done ! Thats a very good result
I marshalled the B final and it was a great race to watch with a birds eye view.....Griffo (RRR) had some serious speed early in the race and when trying to catch Anthony Gatellaro (sorry if its spelt wrong) clipped the wall coming into the straight in front of the drivers stand and lost a few laps.
One thing that surprised me on the day was how strong a field it was....i thought more of the gun drivers wouldve ventured down south to race in the VIC titles....it was a very strong field.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #8619
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
yse i too have the xxxmain chasiss tuning guide and find it at times very helpful.
If you can get a hold of one....the Hudy setup book is very good.
It comes with the setup stations, but i`m sure it can be downloaded from the Hudy website. It covers a lot of setup details differently to the XXXmain guide.
Cheers
Old 01-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #8620
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
yes i have noticed this too.after tomorrow's practice tell me what your best time was and how you went.
when i raced there on a club day i was doing mid to low 13 seconds a lap and my best lap was 12.59 seconds.
Fridays practice session for me was basically used to help finish running in the new engine I~d gotten a few days earlier.
I ran 40`s all round and had lots of issues with inconsistent rear traction...this was fixed on the race day though by running with 37`s all round.
I ended up in the C final.....finishing 6th in the main. I`m very pleased with that considering i ran the engine quite rich throughout the meeting and its still well short of making maximum power.......am hoping to have it running nice for the Nitro GP at Eastern Creek.
Fastest lap on the day for me was a 14.4.......average was around 15.6......was falling just short of 20 laps for the 5 minute heats.
Cheers
Old 01-21-2006, 06:42 PM   #8621
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Cool

I wanted to get some feedback from owners of NTC3 of how it proforms against some of newer kits like MTX-4, RRR, 710,etc. I'm impress that owners are still talking about improvements to there cars in 2006 considering it is one of the older kits on the market today.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #8622
Tech Addict

the ntc3 is a very good car and as you can read i beat rrr's and mtx-4's and even 710's!!!!!
i think it is still very competitive!!!
andyt: see you at the ec grand prix, are you going to ec this week ????
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #8623
Tech Initiate

Default Hudy Set Up Book

Double post. sorry
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #8624
Tech Initiate

Default Hudy Set Up Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
If you can get a hold of one....the Hudy setup book is very good.
It comes with the setup stations, but i`m sure it can be downloaded from the Hudy website. It covers a lot of setup details differently to the XXXmain guide.
Cheers
You can download the Hudy set up book from here: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pr...281&kategoria=0
Its the 3rd one down. It does have some helpful information.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:45 AM   #8625
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
andyt: see you at the ec grand prix, are you going to ec this week ????
I`d love to be racing at EC this coming weekend but unfortunately have to work ......am hoping though to be able to do the next race meet there though ....good luck
Cheers