R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-22-2005, 10:28 AM   #8416
Tech Apprentice

if you're looking for more stability when braking, and you have a front one way.. consider going with a diff in the the front, start it loose and continually tighten it until you get the results you need - others will chime in with suggestions that are probably better, cause i'm a newbie
NTC3Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:43 AM   #8417
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have ran a diff and it works really well I just want more steering I can get the spool to work well it just pushes a little on entry but it is still better than the diff I am going to try a few things this weekend but I wanted to see what ideas you guys had maybe you all will think of somthing that I havent
stuff like shock setups I am running 40 wt with #3s and purple spring in front
and 40wt with #3s and copper in the rear
Old 09-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #8418
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad996
I was woundering if any of you guys have a good setup for a spool I just need a little more steering on corner entry the car is great mid to off the corner just pushes a little on the way in just looking to compare some setups to mine track is bumpy and mid to high grip
By spool, I think he means a solid front axle. I would guess that softening the front springs, using lighter oil or bigger pistons in the front shocks, or increasing the rear droop travel would all give better turn-in.

The droop adjustment would probably have the least effect on mid and corner exit. Any adjustment to camber or toe will be detrimental to those areas, as well.
i300i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:03 PM   #8419

If you have solid front & anti-roll bar, then remove the front anti-roll bar for more weight shift, that will help you going into corner.
xrcbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #8420
Tech Apprentice

with a tighter front diff or solid diff, you always want to have softer springs up front, as well as a stiffer rear bar or no front bar, if your off corner turning is good, add camber to the front
Old 09-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #8421

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Brad, try 60wt oil in the front, same pistons 40 shore 63mm dia. in the rear same pistons. Try red springs 40 or 42 shore in the front, gold springs 40 or 45 oil in rear 63mm dia. same pistons and either 38/40,42 shore tires.. I don't know how you people use the copper springs, look at the spacing on the coils on the copper springs. notice how they are spaced, much further apart than any other AE spring? (YES). The rebound rate is too fast and too solid for any track I think, (But that's just me). If I have to use copper springs I have something tweaked or wrong like a combination of things. Use a spool in the front ball in rear set how ever you need it, from 1/8th to almost 1/2 out. We love a spool but with HIGH hp engines diff gear life is very short. I suggest instead of a spool use etc3 diff stuff and do away with friction disc and then set it tight to 1/8th back out. You can get the same basic effect of the spool this way but it will have alittle slip and help save the gears. WHen we use a spool in the front I have to change it evry race or at least check evry race. We strip spools alot and etc 3 stuff last 3 to 6 times longer. Also set droop at -4 in front and -3 in rear is close. I use 4 and 4. Start at 0 camber and work from there as far as wear goes.(actually some where between 1/2 to -3 camber. I hardly ever have the same camber on all 4 corners. Also if you need more steering move the caster clips to the back Set front toe at 0 to.5 out. 5mm ride height, no more than 6mm. We usually run 5mm front and 6 rear. Balance the car after you have done all the above, either with a tweak station, scales, or the old school lift the front and rear school. Use a blade roll bar on the front set from 0 degrees to straight up ( what ever you need, we run it acout 45 to 60 degrees, nothing on the rear unless track is smooth if so add stock sway to rear.
We have raced the car since it came out and this is a good starting point for us but we use GQ foams and BMI chassis and very high HP engines.. Hope this helps! Bob
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #8422
Tech Apprentice

one note about setting rear ride hight higher than the front - this is a great tool to get the rear to rotate "before the corner" that is the feel will be somewhat unstable for a novice driver, even someone well accomplished it's going to make you pucker the first time you slam on the brakes. I've always liked to set my race car up with about 2mm difference front to rear, this allows me to brake way late into the corner (which is good, because I use a one way up front) overtaking the opponent but being set up for the straight shot right of of the exit (this is good until I hit an S-curve, these types tend to slow me down some with this setup, however most tracks have 1 maybe 2 S sections and the rest of the time I can focus on overtaking)
Old 09-24-2005, 12:21 AM   #8423
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

While i still haven't decided on what car to purchase, i've been told by a respected friend to take another look at the NTC3. I don't think the car has changed a whole lot over the years, but when i had my orginal car i was always concerned about it being fragile etc.

All this aside, can some of you please post some pictures of your car...

BB
Old 09-24-2005, 12:45 AM   #8424
Tech Elite

my beloved ntc3

ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:26 AM   #8425
Tech Fanatic

Default Need help setting up my new car..

Hi guys,

I just got me a new ver2 ntc3 RTR plus and an old ver1 race setup (os .12 tr with some FT upgrades) and need some advice. I tried reading as much as I can from the 200+ pages but was looking for someone in the South Cali area to actually help me set this thing up for the first time. I'm new to this RC car hobby and would like to actually see it done. If anyone is willing I will buy lunch and a 6/12 pack of coke(under 21)/(over 21)beer. PM me if anyone is willing to meet up. I'm very close to SV speedway...

Thanks
Gary
Speed_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:20 AM   #8426
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntc3freak
my beloved ntc3

ntc3freak: Thank you for posting your pics... how do you find the NTC3 / Compared to the S710? I see the NTC3 isn't a bling bling mobile like other cars on the market

BB
Old 09-24-2005, 05:43 AM   #8427
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
ntc3freak: Thank you for posting your pics... how do you find the NTC3 / Compared to the S710? I see the NTC3 isn't a bling bling mobile like other cars on the market

BB
If you want to see a blinged out NTC3 I'll show you one but it will have to wait for tomorrow so I can get some pics
Old 09-24-2005, 06:38 AM   #8428
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear

BB

no problemo.of course the ntc3 isn't a bling bling car like the 710 or the upcoming MTX-4 which looks DEAD GORGEOUS.but it really doesn't matter if the ntc3 smokes the other bling bling cars at my local track,does it???
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:36 AM   #8429
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the setup stuff I will try some of it and will let you guys know how it works
Old 09-24-2005, 10:41 AM   #8430

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Bling??? NO! Just BULLET PROOF.
Attached Thumbnails
Rc10ntc3-p1010067.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010069.jpg   Rc10ntc3-p1010070.jpg  
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote