R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-27-2002, 05:17 PM   #826
Tech Addict

sorry, i should explain more clearly.
no doubt the RPM bumper is very strong. but when you hit something, the RPM bumper is not taking up much of the enegry of the impact, because it does flex or bent. so all of the energy when into the chassis...

ME-student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 05:19 PM   #827
Tech Addict

i meant it doesn't flex or bent
ME-student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 09:21 PM   #828
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Alfie

For all that post I have read, my intentions on that pece of HIG bumper from a 1/8 car onboard a NTC3 is purely for drivers like me who like to take corners to tight and NOT allowing my rival pass. While doing so, sometimes, I would clip the edge of the curb on my front end of the car and "pop", goes the knuckles.

I always make sure that Failsafe is onboard every of my Nitro Cars, if otherwise, I will refrain from even starting the engine.

During my Serpent Impulse days, I never had problems driving it because it handles like a dream WHEN IT IS NEW. I was very conservative with my driving line on the track because I knew that the front end wouldn't take even the slightest punishment with the Wood barriers (5" x 5" thick). Besides, I did not want to waste money with all that mistakes. Sometimes, I got pushed to the side in the races, which I do not think that it is avoidable, in cases of new drivers.

I asked my LHS for that big piece of Serpent IMPACT 1/10 On-Road Bumper and that boss said he'd never ordered them in any more. To think he's the "regional distributor" for Serpent, I percieve it as a scam that he knew when everyone started to use that bumper, parts would break less. In fact, I noticed that the front end parts for the Impulse are always sold out.

Come on, who would be more silly enough to test "head-on" collision with the curb/wall? Failsafe is meant to block out interferences, and that piece of suggestion for the BIG Bumper on NTC3 is purely for competitive drivers who always like to take corners at the edge.

For that warranty given by RPM for its NTC3 bumper, I do not think it a good idea though it does saves you money with the replacement IF it breaks on you and "complied" to their conditions.

I personally feel that such thing would be a time-waster, if your LHS has to send it in to RPM or YOU having to send that piece of broken plastic in and WAIT...

It's amazing how some 3rd party companies can give warranty to their product, especially the FRONT END BUMPER. They can go bankrupt easily??

If you were to do that "dremelling" of the 1/8 Bumper, you will save lots of time. Also, how can a 1/8 Numper break on you with a 1/10 car packed with 1+ HP? Anyhow, it all comes down to the question I mentioned earlier; Who would be silly enough to do "head-on" crash when you have a failsafe onboard? IT will ultimately be the owner's fault NOT to check out for Interferences, and also NOT installing a Failsafe when he can spend thousands of dollars on a little speed demons like these cars.

Last edited by Alfie; 06-27-2002 at 09:25 PM.
Alfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 09:28 PM   #829
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Ooops a mistake, more droop is a lower number on the Losi and AE droop gauges-sorry.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 04:08 AM   #830
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to ozzie boy Send a message via AIM to ozzie boy Send a message via Yahoo to ozzie boy

i know youll all think this is a very stupid question but i was lookin at the shock tower on a ntc3 nd i wanna know if i can somehow get a lola body on it

ill hopefully be gettin it soon and wanna run a lola for the downforce
ozzie boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 02:43 PM   #831
Tech Adept

You can cut holes in the body for the shock tower to extrude from the body (not a good idea) or you can chop down the tower and make the shocks more laydown, which makes them less active.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:56 PM   #832
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to ozzie boy Send a message via AIM to ozzie boy Send a message via Yahoo to ozzie boy

thanks JPHRacer

and what starter box dose everyone use

it looks like i cant use a regular one for it coz the engine is so far back?!?!?
Old 06-29-2002, 06:17 AM   #833

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I use the ofna starter box with some off the mods posted here a few pages back.
You guys posting about the stronger bumbers bending the chassis, and your right!!! If you have hit the frt very hard I have news for you the chassis is already bent!!! The stock chassis is junk! Invest in the Golden Horizon chassis fo $50 you will be really pleased!! The GH chaiss is 3mm thick it has less flex and is 21 grams lighter!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 11:12 AM   #834
Tech Elite

bbntc3, any info on where I can purchase one of those chassis's?
Old 06-29-2002, 10:55 PM   #835
Tech Apprentice

sorry i got anouther question

what engien would you recomend for a ntc3

i saw a os12tr for 290 a.u and also a mt12 turbo for 400 and a rs12s3 for 440

i cant decide on what motor to get
what one would be best one for money and also give me good accel and top end
i want to be able to keep up with a jpblack in a v1r but he has it set for mid range and not low end or top end
Old 06-30-2002, 12:43 AM   #836
Tech Adept

Go with the Mugen, you will be very happy. There is nothing special about the JP except the price (worst $240 I ever spent) The mugen is just as fast, the rest is in the Pipe, Clutch and Mixture.
JPHRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 05:12 AM   #837

Heres where I got mine. http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...i?part_id=582. $50 Try it you'll like!!!!!
I was also able to go back to the stock AE fuel tank due to the stronger chassis by GH. I think Ae cut to much meat out of the chassis in the pullstart area making the chassis prone to bend in that area.

Last edited by bbntc3; 06-30-2002 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:15 AM   #838
Tech Elite

bbntc3, that's it! Thanks bbnt3
Old 06-30-2002, 12:56 PM   #839

Hm! I wonder if AE has some new input of the fuel tank after the Nats? I heard Baker had alot of trouble in this area, anyone know for sure? Maybe next time Ae will listen to us !!! I wrote them on several occassions even spoke to Cliff one time and everybody at AE sayed, we all had other problems, theres nothing wrong with the tank! Like I stated early the stock tank seems to be working well with the new GH chassis with 2 o'rings under each bolt, sorta loose and the lid mods I looked at a RC10 GT RTR yesterday with a different style tank and lid combo, anyone know the part #? I think some other type fuel tank has been in the works for awhile now at AE! BB
Old 06-30-2002, 01:14 PM   #840
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig

There is nothing wrong with the tank.Its all in how you run the fuel line.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote