R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-20-2005, 05:48 AM   #8371
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guy... you just tell me what I really wish to heard... The NTC3 is still a competitive car and I dont have to change it. I will keep mine Just have to practice more and tune it better.

For the pipe problem, I heard the RD Logics Turbo pipe is really good and it seem to be very short, Would you recommand it with a RB X12 Rody?

CrazyRonny
CrazyRonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:22 AM   #8372
Tech Adept

Has anyone heard of Associated making any revisions to the NTC3 ?
I really like this car and was wondering what to do for a new car ?
Whether to buy the FT kit or wait and see if something new comes out.
fastrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #8373
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If Associated was coming out with something, it would have at least been mentioned at the Great Lakes Challenge. Remember the first anyone heard of the factory team TC4 was at the Reedy Race. I've seen some pictures of Barry Baker's car from the GLC, and it looks like the same NTC3 he's been racing.

The thing I'm getting tired of with my NTC3 is how fragile the car is. Now I'm no Barry Baker, but I can still drive. It has always seemed like the slightest tap of a board means major front end breakage. At the last race during the main I was running third with no hope of catching the front runners. I was in cruise mode just trying to finish. The whole race I made sure to stay away from the boards. Well, this got boring so I decided to push a little bit just to see what kind of lap times I could pull. Coming out of the sweeper into the back straight (this was an 1/8 track) I gave it a little too much throttle and pust out toward the board. I came off the throttle and steered to give the board a side hit. One glancing blow from the side and the front pillow ball broke. Meanwhile the 710's would slap the board every lap and keep going. Not my idea of fun.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #8374
Tech Apprentice

jiml:

Your sig is kind of a self-reply to your post, huh?
i300i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #8375
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, until I can afford something else I'll keep racing this.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 08:47 PM   #8376
Tech Elite

i don't think the ntc3 is fragile at all.i think it is pretty solid.i've never broken any arms or pivot balls yet,except the kit bumper.but now i changed to rtr bumper which is holding up fine.and of course,if u don't want cars to break,don't crash
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:29 AM   #8377
Tech Regular

Im going to running the Rex L3 in my NTC3,whats a good pipe for tis motor??
fordman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:09 AM   #8378
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=CrazyRonny]
For the pipe problem, I heard the RD Logics Turbo pipe is really good and it seem to be very short, Would you recommand it with a RB X12 Rody?

[QUOTE]
There were a few guys who posted in here who were running the Rody RB V12 engines with a Werks Racing pipe and seemed quite pleased with the results.
www.werksracing.com
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:14 AM   #8379
Tech Adept

I think no doubt this car is still very competitive in any level of racing meet. For me the biggest advantage of NTC3 is the ease of tuning. But this car has been around for more than 4 or even 5 years with only one significant upgrade, V2 rear suspension. Don't you think the design is too old?
alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:02 PM   #8380
Tech Apprentice

the design is old yes. but the very fact that such an old car can still give the newer faster cars a run for the money is worthy of praise. Granted.. i'm not a racer, and all I do is bash in parking lots... and the car is VERY to play with, have lots of fun, dump endless obscene amounts of cash in and i've hit some pretty crazy stuff, all i've had was a bent MIP CVD and broken wheels (always seem to brake at the hub)
NTC3Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:00 AM   #8381
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run RBv12 Rody with the original FActory kit pipe, and it has all the same, maybe more speed, low end and high end as the new nowarossi longstroke, perhaps verry close to the longstroke low end dogh!

My car is a killer at low end som maybe a shorter pipe wold solv some of my problems, and give more high end for the longer tracks
Old 08-23-2005, 11:09 AM   #8382
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Barry Baker TQ at the GLC several weeks ago over top team/factory racers like Serpent, Kyosho and Mugen..........my friend just took a A4 position (he is a non-factory local club racer only) jsut after the top factory racers from Mugen, Kyosho and Serpent at the MWS Chicago leg....

NTC3 can be just as fast as the new kits.......when you are at that level of racing, it is all about the driving SKILL and LUCK.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #8383
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stusdal
I run RBv12 Rody with the original FActory kit pipe, and it has all the same, maybe more speed, low end and high end as the new nowarossi longstroke, perhaps verry close to the longstroke low end dogh!

My car is a killer at low end som maybe a shorter pipe wold solv some of my problems, and give more high end for the longer tracks
From what I know and from word of others...RB V12 has decend to OK low-end and very very good high end, very similar to Nova Rossi series of motor (mid to high range and completely opposite to you).........have to try to get taller 2nd speed gear..?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:19 AM   #8384
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRonny
I heard the RD Logics Turbo pipe is really good and it seem to be very short, Would you recommand it with a RB X12 Rody?

CrazyRonny
I run that pipe with my Rody V12 and I love it. Tons of low end power with adequate top end. Not the fastest at the end of the straight running heads up with a Novarossi Longstroke, but certainly can hold it's own. You really need the low end a lot more than the top end. You aren't at top speed long anyway. Any ground i lose on the straight I can generally make up and then some on the infield. At least the engine/pipe is capable of it. The driver is sometimes a different story I would definitely look into going with a taller gear if you have a long straight.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #8385
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry sturchio
I run that pipe with my Rody V12 and I love it. Tons of low end power with adequate top end. Not the fastest at the end of the straight running heads up with a Novarossi Longstroke, but certainly can hold it's own. You really need the low end a lot more than the top end. You aren't at top speed long anyway. Any ground i lose on the straight I can generally make up and then some on the infield. At least the engine/pipe is capable of it. The driver is sometimes a different story I would definitely look into going with a taller gear if you have a long straight.
If you can pick up a MUGEN Centax....that might be your weapon, I have tried 21/28 and 22/29 (max).........crazy fast on the straight, but ONLY if the straight is long enough to let the 28 or 29T kicks in.....our track, 21/27 is tall enough, or I will never have the length to use the 28 or 29T 2nd gear...

Give it a shot...