R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #8206
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to frank13

thansk for the reply,, but ihave to ask , what shims? do u happen to have a part number, can i dremel down an old centax collar that fits inside the bearing to make it work?
frank13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #8207
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank13
thansk for the reply,, but ihave to ask , what shims? do u happen to have a part number, can i dremel down an old centax collar that fits inside the bearing to make it work?
#2321 Associated Clutch Shim & Screw Kit NTC3

I think you need one or two more of the small shims before you tighten the screw out sides the flanged bearing.
wangcc61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #8208
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:

Frank...DO NOT, I mean DO NOT dremel anything......your question, Snackpack and Wangcc61 already answered.........buy 1 or 2 pack of that #2321 (I stock at least 2-3 set just in case...) and you will find the little shim (not the larger one), place 1, 2 or 3 or whatever that you will need, RIGHT before you put the end screws is....you don't want to add too many, just add enough, then screw it to complete tight, if you shimmed correctly, your bell should spin freely.

Again, no SG crank are all made the same, then, no collet are all made the same spec..........there are always + or - here and there....thats why SHIMS are our good friend, not dremel (at least not this time...)

I am strongly encourage ppl get several package of that little shim thing, one of my 21 Nova Rossi engine's SG crank, is just a 1mm or 1.5mm short, it made the whole centax 2 in complete locked situation no matter how I shim it.....and 1 of those little shim, actually solved the whole problem.....believe it or not. (I still don't believe it....but somehow, thats all I need to add.)
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:11 AM   #8209
Tech Adept

thanks for the reply to all, its amazing that 95 cetns can stop you from running on sunday. i just ordered some from tower, 5 packs to be correct.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #8210
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
thanks for the reply to all, its amazing that 95 cetns can stop you from running on sunday. i just ordered some from tower, 5 packs to be correct.
Those little shims are not very easy to find from other brand (like OFNA) and since it is like 95c each, I have no problem having the extra screws and larger shims........and those little shims are life saver for other CAR as well, not just NTC3.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 AM   #8211
Tech Adept

has n e one heard any word of a NTC4 yet? do u think they will produce one...imean they already have the rtr plus, and the kits r discontinued..does this mean the ntc4? also how much better do u think it would be..i'd like to hear some input and i'm open to all opinions
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #8212
Tech Adept

the kits on tower that are"discontinued" are the version one kits with the turnbuckle link on the rear, for soem reason they dont list the v2 kit at all though
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #8213
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

It might be a NTC4 soon. But they couldn't change it that much. They could make the diff gears metal but I don't think they will because there making to much money from selling replacements.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #8214
Tech Adept

i agree with you saying how they cant change much because isnt the tc4 just a tc3 with some ntc3 features and a narrower chassis? ofcourse they eventually will make a new one..but i was wondering if they would release it anytime soon..say they did make a new one..what do u think they would change..imean they'e just upgrading the ntc3 with things like 2 speed version 2 suspension..and whatever else..normally companies would just take these components and build a new car right? take the rs4 evo for example..dont they got the next version which is a SS with a few upgrades like engine, drivetrain..and a couple other things..? i guess its to our benifit if associated just keeps producing these upgrades because it sure saves u money rather than buying a whole new kit..just a thought.
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #8215
Tech Fanatic

I hope the new car has a centre gearbox like the FW05R and the CD3. The pipe arrangement on the NTC3 with all the S bends is a top-end killer and NTC3 drivers never get around 90% potential from their engines. Turning the engine around 180 degrees will allow a conventional pipe set-up, hence giving you so many many more options with pipes as well as an increase in engine performance.
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #8216
Tech Fanatic

I think they`d probably try and reduce rotating mass in/around the 2 speed area, and possibly look at doing something to increase the durability and weight in the diffs....they may end up adding a centax clutch as well?....I`d hope they`d also add their own "fix" to solve the prob at the front end.
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #8217
Tech Adept

i think the best fix for the shock tower gear box would be to find a way to mold it as one piece. this way tweak wont fall off ina small fender bender,
Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #8218
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

The better thing would be like the conversion kit for the fw-o5rr. I think its called a zen ztl-1 or something.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #8219
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
I think they`d probably try and reduce rotating mass in/around the 2 speed area, and possibly look at doing something to increase the durability and weight in the diffs....they may end up adding a centax clutch as well?....I`d hope they`d also add their own "fix" to solve the prob at the front end.

Their own fix and a centax would be great. I've had no issues with diffs, shock towers and durabilty and har has been raced hard with fast engines..

I hope it retains its clean simple design and simplicity. Thats what i like about the current car, really neat and the easiest by far to work on. they aren't slow either!
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:26 AM   #8220
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
Their own fix and a centax would be great. I've had no issues with diffs, shock towers and durabilty and har has been raced hard with fast engines..

I hope it retains its clean simple design and simplicity. Thats what i like about the current car, really neat and the easiest by far to work on. they aren't slow either!

ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote