R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2005, 04:29 AM   #7936
Tech Fanatic

Gee, thats some serious wear and tear for only 7 litres. I`ve put close to 20 litres thru my V12 and it hasnt missed a beat.......are you using after run?....what oil %, nitro content are you using?
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:41 AM   #7937
Tech Fanatic

I use after run all the time and make sure there is no fuel left in the engine. I've used RB Jungle Jooze from day one. 16% nitro, 6% castor, 6% synthetic!
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:28 PM   #7938
Tech Apprentice

I just recently bought a FT NTC3 kit - took me about 8 hours to put the thing together (I have never purchased a kit before, I used to have an HPI Nitro RS4 but it was stolen)
I've been looking around online, but I still don't know what motor to purchase - I don't expect to be racing much, so I'm not TOO worried about legal motors, but I'd like to keep my options open, and i don't want to spend more than a few hundred dollars.
I know I want a rear exhaust motor.. and I was looking at getting an Orion Wasp .12 turbo or an .12 ROAR (what's the difference?)
anyway - anyway I haven't found much help on other sitesm I'm a 23 year old Female and whenever I go to a track or hobby shop no one takes me seriously, any help please? Thanks!
NTC3Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #7939
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Grab a sts .12 from rc-mushroom.com for 145 you can't beat it. Just pickup another conrod to replace it after breakin.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #7940
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not sure but the turbo motor may be a 5 port and the ROAR motor is a 3 port.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:42 PM   #7941
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Rody
I use after run all the time and make sure there is no fuel left in the engine. I've used RB Jungle Jooze from day one. 16% nitro, 6% castor, 6% synthetic!
What type of air filter have you been running? Foam type?....did you keep it well-oiled?......for that type of wear and tear (given that you`ve used after-run and havent been running huge nitro % or super low oil) it sounds to me like something foreign (dust/dirt etc) is finding its way into the engine to cause this excessive wear.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:49 PM   #7942
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3Kitty
I just recently bought a FT NTC3 kit - took me about 8 hours to put the thing together (I have never purchased a kit before, I used to have an HPI Nitro RS4 but it was stolen)
I've been looking around online, but I still don't know what motor to purchase - I don't expect to be racing much, so I'm not TOO worried about legal motors, but I'd like to keep my options open, and i don't want to spend more than a few hundred dollars.
I know I want a rear exhaust motor.. and I was looking at getting an Orion Wasp .12 turbo or an .12 ROAR (what's the difference?)
anyway - anyway I haven't found much help on other sitesm I'm a 23 year old Female and whenever I go to a track or hobby shop no one takes me seriously, any help please? Thanks!

rex rer 12's are pretty good they run $260-275 at hobby shops.
or you could go with a sirio which will run you approx $190.00
Old 04-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #7943
Tech Fanatic

My FT NTC3 should be here tuesday and my other one should be here by the end of next week. Any tips I should have before I start the build.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:24 PM   #7944
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Blueprint the drivetrain.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #7945
Tech Fanatic

How??
Old 04-28-2005, 07:27 PM   #7946
Tech Fanatic

Dremel the case to make sure the bearings don't bind.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #7947
Tech Fanatic

- Polish the hinge pins and pivot balls....mount them in an electric drill or dremel and use metal polish till theyre fully polished, this will help ensure nice free movement once theyre fitted to the car.

- Get "the fix" to stop the shock tower stripping out of the front diff case.

- Use the black grease (supplied) on the end of the cvds to stop notching the outdrives.

- Dont go overboard with the Stealth lube on the diff gears...it doesnt need huge amounts.

- I`d also consider fitting the K-factory drive cups (especially the front one) to the drive shaft, and also a side chassis brace to protect the fuel tank.

- I used thread lock on the screws that connect the ring gear to the front one-way......these can work loose and make a mess of your diff gears when they fall in.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 PM   #7948
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

when you say "the fix" is this what you mean?

shock tower, 3racing

or do I need more parts?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:51 PM   #7949
Tech Fanatic

Interesting this car is 5+ years old and still lots of die hards out there such as moi.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:04 AM   #7950
Tech Apprentice

when I bought my NTC3 kit, the rear diff parts I got (the ATD outdrives were different than the one pictured in the setup manual - I went to the local hobby shop and looked at some ATD sets and they were all like the ones pictured in the manual.. so I decided to buy a new one to replace the one that obviously wasn't the right part.. then I bought a "Spooled" rear diff.. the solid F/R axle any comments on this?
NTC3Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote