R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #7696
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks BB, But I think I overextended myself for now. The wife just a 2k christmas bill I didn't know about.
Maybe in the future sometime if you still have it.

CHUCKMANDO: If interested in the chassis I would lower the price some but you pay shipping. PM me and I'll send pics and let you know what's wrong with it. Its just cosmetic and a few scratches on the bottom that I could polish out I think. if I did'nt tell you you would'nt even know with out looking very close. [/B][/QUOTE]
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #7697

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Sorry Sook, I'm use to working with real cars and I call the inside diff gears ring and pinion gears, not working with 1st and second gears.
After cleaning and massaging the first pour on the gears it was not so good.
I'll try another deal maybe this weekend.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #7698
Tech Adept

Default Re: FNTC3

Quote:
Originally posted by losispeed
Anyone know if the factory team NTC3 comes with a front ball diff as well as the oneway? Or is it just the oneway...

The Factory NTC3 comes w/ a one-way only......
killerjvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #7699
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm thinking of putting a Centax on my NTC3FT. I'm using a Novarossi NS12 S3. Which one should I buy and why? Cost is not a factor.

Some more info. I've been racing for about 1 1/2 years. I've been using the 3 shoe clutch with standard springs. I've used the harder springs in the past. I'm going to start running on a large track, and I'm looking to change clutches or at least expand my options.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #7700
Tech Elite

does anybody here use acer bearing or boca bearing on the ntc3???can u tell me how does it improves if it helps at all.and which one is the one to buy????
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:26 PM   #7701
Tech Apprentice

Default New NTC3

Hello all... Just picked up a new Factory Team NTC3 and was wondering if anyone had any building tips. Ive built cars before and I know that allot of times people have the go fast tricks! Thanks for any advice!
losispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #7702
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: New NTC3

Quote:
Hello all... Just picked up a new Factory Team NTC3 and was wondering if anyone had any building tips. Ive built cars before and I know that allot of times people have the go fast tricks! Thanks for any advice!
I just finished one, myself. Assuming you have a good set of hex drivers, test the fit of the driver in each socket head screw for slop before you install the screw. I found that about 1/4 of the smaller size screws in the kit were junk.
i300i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:40 AM   #7703
Tech Initiate

Default Yokomo clutch?

Anyone know a webshop that have the yokomo clutch? The partnumber for the clutch is SP-MTCL...but where can I buy it?
MickeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #7704
Tech Initiate

Default Yokomo clutch?

MickeB,

I bought mine from stomer hobbies for 109.00 plus shipping and handling. this is the website http://www.stormerhobbies.com

You need to call because their website does not have it listed. I hope that helps.
madnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #7705
Tech Apprentice

You may want to look at the Ofna/Hongnor centax, I bought one for around 60.00off of Ebay. It comes with 21/27 hard coated pinions and looks to be very similar to the mugen centax.

I ran it at our first SWS ROAR race and it really improved the cars punch out of the corners and made a huge difference in the car getting up into the rev's quicker. I am running a O.S. R-spec motor that is modified by TQ racing and my car was running at 215*- 218* on an Exergen temp gun all weekend and was making over 7 minutes on a tank of fuel. I could not have been happier with the motor and clutch.

Cody
FFR3582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:37 PM   #7706
Tech Apprentice

A guy at my track runs the Ofna on his LD3 pro and he told me to stay away from it because hes had to change out the shoe a few times.. in the past year...
losispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #7707
sup
Tech Addict

Quote:
A guy at my track runs the Ofna on his LD3 pro and he told me to stay away from it because hes had to change out the shoe a few times.. in the past year...
depends on what centax he had. the first version was a 1.0 module. the new ones are .8 module (will fit ntc3 directly), reallly similar to mugen clutches. with the new clutches, there have been some changes with the spring and trust bearings (i think). the .8 module is still being used in the CD3. hope this helps.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:24 AM   #7708
Tech Initiate

Thank you guys!
I have the ofna clutch and have been running it for a while and it works just fine. The reason for me to get the yokomo clutch is that it is the same as the mugen and since there are more shoes and springs etc for that clutch I can finetune it to suit different tracks more easily.
MickeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:30 AM   #7709
Tech Elite

guys,what about k-factory centax clutch???is it bad???
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:33 PM   #7710
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
Sorry Sook, I'm use to working with real cars and I call the inside diff gears ring and pinion gears, not working with 1st and second gears.
After cleaning and massaging the first pour on the gears it was not so good.
I'll try another deal maybe this weekend.
Hey Bob. Any luck with the internal diff gear testing? It was my mistake to assume that you were talking about the two speed. It would be nice to change the internal gearing for a large track. I know that the 710 is able to configure the internals for small track vs large tracks. Let me know how it goes.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote