R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #7681
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Larger Than Stock Pinions

Quote:
Originally posted by Number 11
slowpoke you can get them from xyz.com. You going out to Ben's on Saturday? If you are see you there.
Ha ha ha; funny guy. Just you wait; the thumper project is on hold until I can find some gears. Until then, I'll be running the RB .12 from last year, and Alex will be running the new O.S. TR .12. Team Porsche is going to gang up on you and give you the big squeeze . As far as this Saturday, though, I'm stuck with some prior commitments. Ben put this together because we had such a good turnout at the last one, but I had already committed by the time he did. So, I guess I'll have to catch up with you next time. Try to stay in front of that nasty Snake.
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #7682

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I made 3 sets of bronze gears last night just used some machinest molding material or something like that. I think this will be the way instead of machining, (too much time machining, with standard lathe intead of CNC machine for a beginner! Just pressed the gears down in it removed it and filled with bronze. After cooling it looks like it will take some small die griding or filing to clean them up. Just might be the ticket!!! We'll see!!
I made both gears but only thinking about maybe trying bronze ring gears at first and stock pinions. Dennis Richey suggested this to me in he beginning when he fooled with the car. Something has to give if the pinion stips then we'll try them both bronze, but man the stronger you make something , then the next weakest link has to be addressed (also heat may have some issues with other Ae parts). We're also looking into some other materials for the gears but that's to be annouced later if it workss well, Bob

Last edited by bbntc3; 03-08-2005 at 04:40 PM.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #7683
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey BB, if you ever need someone to help test out things, let me know. I just blew another oneway this weekend. It was freezing out, but I couldn't take it anymore. Just a handful of us addicts out there. Wouldn't you know the car was hooked too. Did you ever get to test the werks pipe?
Regards
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:33 PM   #7684

still no practice here yet, thought we would try last Sat but radio would only glitch and failsafe shut it down, did get a couple 200 ft passes with the new pipe and tallest gearing with an old Richie MT with Topguns piston and rod lapped to Dennis Richey MT sleeve and MT crank (with very agressive induction timing). Top gun said it would be a missle on top in, he sure is right. Top Gun took a Richey of mine and put his sleeve rod , piston and crank. and made me a short track motor than he also lapped new parts to Dennis's work and now we have both worlds, just change piston and crank combo for long and short tracks. We worked with the top end engine and the pipe is impressive seems very smooth and good top end. Nice transaction from low to mid to top. We'll try Dennis short track Sirrio and his Long track sirrio with the pipe maybe this weekend. When I get the gears polished and filed down maybe I send you a set Chuckmando. Just don't show it to our friend. (What was his name Slow Harry) LOL !! Bob

Last edited by bbntc3; 03-08-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #7685
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Frankenmotor. Hey, whatever works, right?
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #7686

The engines work very nicely,and I have a long and short track engine for less than the price of a mugen MT. I know this is'nt the place but a got a slighly use BMI Gen 2 chassis with a few screw ups in it, nothing that hurts performance but it has a couple flaws. It also has a brand new set of RD Lodigics diff cases in it to . I'll take $100 for it and pay shipping USPS, in the US if interested. We used the chassis for one season nothings wrong with it, I just bouht the BMI signature series which is better and have no use for it. I can send pics if interested
Old 03-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #7687
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys
I have my NTC3 for more than 3 years already, actually this is the forth year.... Anyway th enew nitro season is comming up at a quick pace, I am asking myself if the NTC3 is still a competitive car.... with the venue of Serpents and kyoshos, the NTC3 seems a little old and outdated.... I have won many races with my NTC3, but for this year I am thinking that maybe it is time to replaced it with any of the new model cars like the vonerrr or the 710.....
What do you guys think? Has the NTC3 still got a chance against the other models?
JLMG1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #7688
Tech Apprentice

It's just about time to put the smack down barker, give me a holler about your plans on this season.
CONNARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #7689

What's up Connard!!!! where ya been hiding??? swabbing them gas holes???
Here ya jump ship to that jap kyosho junk thingy???? Oh well with your money why not play with them all!!!
You better get to driving that jap junk Aarons gonna win the Blast this year!!!!

I'll call ya in a few been working my ass off like you bro!!!!
Hey I also built one hell of a on road gt this year, you know me, the best of everything!! Bob
Old 03-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #7690
Tech Apprentice

bob there is no doubt that the ntc3 is a kick butt car except two things. A centax clutch and an alloy gear for the front oneway. If the fw05r car have them and still be the quickest and fastest tc then associated needs to address these problems so dihard associated drivers don't have to make gears for a car company which in my opinion still rocks. I know how to build a kit and shim a gear to the best possible tollerance and they work fine until you touch a corner dot. Now I know that most drivers don't wreck but when I try to cut each corner as close as possible I must admit that I do clip corner dots. I still have not bought a new tc and would glady go back to associated but these two problems must be fixed. Oh I know about the yokomo clutch, but honestly if ae drivers are using yok clutches, shouldn't they come out with their own products. Just my two cents.
CONNARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #7691
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When I get the gears polished and filed down maybe I send you a set Chuckmando. Just don't show it to our friend. (What was his name Slow Harry) LOL !! Bob [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks BB, mums the word.
I did not know BMI is making a signature series. I just went to the site and it is not posted. I am tempted to buy your chasis but I do not need the rd logics cases. Funny, but if you do not hit this too ofter, the standard cases are just fine.

CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #7692

I agree totaly Bill just had to dig alittle. We'd like to hook up this year and make a few midwest races with you guys. But... You know we need your help!!
I'll call in a few!! BB
Old 03-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #7693

Jason made a signature series chassis the end of last season, its the lightest model all tolerances are dead on the money, it has a better sorta polished finished and I help with talking him into moving the fuel tank more foward and more to the center of the car, for balance piipe/tank clearance issues with other engines.. The chassis on the site maybe the sig. series that may be all he makes. Unfortunatley Jason and I sorta had a falling out and he will not talk to me or answer any PM, or emails. He promised me a deal and I went to alot of trouble and way out of my way to hold my end up for him. 1 year later still nothing at all he promised to me he dropped the ball on me I think and kinda missed up one of my main connections for HP, ( jason you know what I'm talking about) no offence I guess Jason! He's to stuckup on the electric boys now to mess with us gas guys. I see the AE electric team guys are allowed by AE to use some of his products

CHUCKMANDO: If interested in the chassis I would lower the price some but you pay shipping. PM me and I'll send pics and let you know what's wrong with it. Its just cosmetic and a few scratches on the bottom that I could polish out I think. if I did'nt tell you you would'nt even know with out looking very close.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #7694
Tech Adept

Hey BBNTC3 (Bob), how is it going? I noticed that you produced your own gears. Was that pinions? No one seems to want to produce 30 tooth pinions for the 2nd speed. I was hoping to find something a bit more stout for the top end on a long back straight away. Let me know how your experiment goes. I would like to be one of your first customers.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #7695
Tech Apprentice

Default FNTC3

Anyone know if the factory team NTC3 comes with a front ball diff as well as the oneway? Or is it just the oneway...
losispeed is offline   Reply With Quote