R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-19-2005, 12:33 AM   #7606
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostrixoxide
Default My NTC3

Hey guys,

Just thought I would share a few pic's of my ride with you. It's still a work in progress as you can see from the photo's. I figure my next purchase will more then likely be some upgraded servo's. Any suggestions? I was told Hitec 625's would work for both throttle & steering. My budget would be some where around $90 dollars for each of the servo's so $180 total??? Well let me know what you guy's think of my ride so far. And if you have any other suggestions. I know I'm probably gonna catch flack about the supercharger from any non-beleivers about it. So if any anyone feels like debating me about it's performance, bring it on. I have all the confidence in the world stating that I noticed a significant increase in acceleration throughout the entire RPM range when I installed it. So please no comments about it, unless you have first hand knowledge about them...

PS, don't laugh at my batteries, they are temporary until my 7.4 volt lithium packs & Novak voltage regulator arrive. Besides I only paid $10 bucks for 12 of them & they are 2300MAH & last a very very long time. The only issue in my eyes is they add more weight to the vehicle...

Here are the pic's~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...04.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...b9.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...37.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/likwid...37.jpg&.src=ph
Nostrixoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:51 AM   #7607
Tech Adept

nice car!
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:21 AM   #7608
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rally
nice car!
blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #7609
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by blur

hey blur,ur car also nice what
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #7610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that things got a frickin turbocharger on it!!
Old 02-19-2005, 10:10 AM   #7611
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
hey blur,ur car also nice what
Not as nice as this turbo charged car
blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #7612
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by blur
Not as nice as this turbo charged car

u drive a car without turbo also bloody fast.now if u drive with turbo...................
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:41 AM   #7613
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. I've spent alot of time hand polishing alot of the parts on this car. I've only had it for about 1-1/2 months & it's the first nitro car I've ever owned. When I first took the car out of the box I removed the AE15x motor that came in the car & bolted in a OS18CV-RX. I've only run about 1 quart of Trinity Monster Brew break in fuel through it so far. So I know I still have alot more leaning to do with this engine. I also have a couple of brand new OS18tz-tx motors sitting in my room, but I'm debating even putting one in the car right now. This thing is crazy fast as is & I'm still trying to hone my driving skills. So I figure I'll wait until I can control the CV-RX motor before I step up the power even more. I have all the light weight drive train components & have the car set up with 21/27 & 54/48 gearing. Maybe someone can suggest a better ratio for me to try with this engine configuration. So far I haven't broken anything on the car, but It did do a summer salt at around 50mph & completely destroyed the original NTC3 Rims & tires. It also did some major damage to the top of cylinder head and I had to spend alot of time sanding & polishing out the damage.

Anyways, I want to thank everyone for the compliments! From the words I have read it seems like I am doing a decent job so far with my first nitro powered RC car. But I noticed no one made any suggestions to me regarding what Make, Model & Brand of servo's I should install on the car? Someone please help me with this decision. It's been almost 10 years since I have purchased a upgraded servo for any RC car of mine & that was a $150 dollar Airtronics steering servo I have in my street converted Losi XX4. I really don't want to spend that much money for a single servo & I'm sure with todays technology things must be better & cheaper. So please someone give me some good advise on this one. Thanks alot to everyone who took the time to check out my ride, I really appriciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nostrix

Last edited by Nostrixoxide; 02-19-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #7614
Tech Adept

get some nice hitec servos, from what i hear they are great!
Old 02-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #7615
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm using KO PS2174 on throttle and KO PDS-2144 on steering. But you need to consider that because KO servo is often more expensive than other brand (got mine in 2nd hand).
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:24 PM   #7616
Tech Fanatic

Default Supercharger & Servo`s

Nostrixoxide,
In the Dec 2004 issue of RC Driver theres actually a test done on the MPPA Supercharger. The dyno figures support what you`ve experienced with yours......more torque and BHP when the supercharger is on.
As for servos, I`m using the Futaba S9451 on both throttle and steering and have found them to be great
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #7617
Tech Adept

can you use a starter box on a tc3 with a pull side exhaust kit? in other words can u use a starter box on a pull start engine?
Old 02-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #7618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rally
can you use a starter box on a tc3 with a pull side exhaust kit? in other words can u use a starter box on a pull start engine?
Yes, no sweats.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 10:14 PM   #7619
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Supercharger & Servo`s

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyT
Nostrixoxide,
In the Dec 2004 issue of RC Driver theres actually a test done on the MPPA Supercharger. The dyno figures support what you`ve experienced with yours......more torque and BHP when the supercharger is on.
As for servos, I`m using the Futaba S9451 on both throttle and steering and have found them to be great
Cheers

Thanks for the info. I have a fairly new Futaba FM radio laying around so maybe I'll replace the stock AE radio system for the Futaba. The Futaba servo is probably the best way to go since everything will be matching system instead of mix matching different items. I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to matching components. I'll have to do some research on the Futaba servo, but by any chance would you happen to know if these are ball bearing with metal gears? Also are they high torque or high speed?

As for the Supercharger, I am familiar with the dyno test that was performed. I know the increase in HP on the dyno chart is very little, but check out the figures on the torque increase. Thats where there is a very noticable gain...

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to get involved with my project
Old 02-20-2005, 02:22 PM   #7620
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Supercharger & Servo`s

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostrixoxide
I'll have to do some research on the Futaba servo, but by any chance would you happen to know if these are ball bearing with metal gears? Also are they high torque or high speed?

The Futaba S9451`s are digital are a coreless, high torque/speed, metal geared servo.
Speed- 0.10sec to 60deg at 6v
Output torque- 8.7kg/cm
Being digital they also allow you the option of running the Futaba High Response System
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote