R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #7591
Tech Fanatic
 
revzalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nor * Cal
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default reanodizing

Anyone know how to re anodize? I'd like to do that on my scratched chassis.
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #7592
Tech Fanatic
 
ttso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: reanodizing

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Anyone know how to re anodize? I'd like to do that on my scratched chassis.
I don't think you can do that at home. And before you do anodize, you need to de-anodize it completely so it will have a clean surface to do anodize, this can't be done at home too (unless you own a anodize factory).

I would suggest you buy a new chassis, it's faster, easier, and less lethal solution. Those high grade anodize liquor is highly toxic, just like WWE line: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #7593
Tech Elite
 
ntc3freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 3,308
Default Re: Re: reanodizing

Quote:
Originally posted by ttso
I don't think you can do that at home. And before you do anodize, you need to de-anodize it completely so it will have a clean surface to do anodize, this can't be done at home too (unless you own a anodize factory).

I would suggest you buy a new chassis, it's faster, easier, and less lethal solution. Those high grade anodize liquor is highly toxic, just like WWE line: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME




ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #7594
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 327
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

heres pics,well it says i have to many bytes? what gives?
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #7595
Tech Addict
 
fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Auckland NZ
Posts: 575
Default Re: reanodizing

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Anyone know how to re anodize? I'd like to do that on my scratched chassis.
It's not that hard to do anodising at home, check these links out

http://www.turborick.com/anodize.html

http://www.biker.co.nz/Reviews.asp?id=118

If you think you are up to it after reading those links just start on some small old aluminium parts to get a feel for it before you do the chassis

Atomic PC magazine also did a full article on anodising at home as well but not sure if this is available in the US
__________________
Slavich Design
fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #7596
Tech Fanatic
 
revzalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nor * Cal
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: reanodizing

Quote:
Originally posted by fathead
It's not that hard to do anodising at home, check these links out

http://www.turborick.com/anodize.html

http://www.biker.co.nz/Reviews.asp?id=118

If you think you are up to it after reading those links just start on some small old aluminium parts to get a feel for it before you do the chassis

Atomic PC magazine also did a full article on anodising at home as well but not sure if this is available in the US
Interesting read. Thanks!
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:45 AM   #7597
Tech Fanatic
 
ttso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Oh.. so you are talking about anodize for color, not anodize for effect (harden, smoother, or something else)? Than that's easier to do. But if't you want to do harden positive electrode anodize or teflon anodize, please go factory!
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:34 AM   #7598
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 327
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

for pics of car for sale check ebay item 5956456517.
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #7599
Tech Fanatic
 
huskerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: HuskerNation
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

reddishdsb I sent you a pm
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:15 AM   #7600
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Staten Island ny
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default winternats

Very disappointing that the big boys from AE didn't attend. After a bad performance at the worlds, I was hoping for redemption. Any feeling on this?
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:24 AM   #7601
Tech Elite
 
tommi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: MATRIX
Posts: 2,898
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: winternats

Quote:
Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
Very disappointing that the big boys from AE didn't attend. After a bad performance at the worlds, I was hoping for redemption. Any feeling on this?
I personally felt that way too...
The NTC3 itself is still a competitive car in my opinion; or is it not already with comparison to the developments of Kyosho and Serpent? Or is it the team drivers? I would just like to know. Team AE has been a little bit quiet nowadays...
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #7602
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Staten Island ny
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: winternats

Quote:
Originally posted by tommi
I personally felt that way too...
The NTC3 itself is still a competitive car in my opinion; or is it not already with comparison to the developments of Kyosho and Serpent? Or is it the team drivers? I would just like to know. Team AE has been a little bit quiet nowadays...
I do not believe it is the drivers, but I do feel it was a stratagy move on their part to go elect, where they came out with new models. They may have felt the ntc3 is lagging now, so go for a win in elects, and maybe next major clash, they may have an NTC4?. I have no inside knowledge, just my gut feeling.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #7603
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

The team from Kyosho that entered the worlds went in with awesome drivers and very quick car as well....also they had arguably the best team of drivers in the world.
AE drivers copped some serious bad luck during the finals, especially Craig Drescher who crashed with a radio glitch whilst leading his final with only 4 minutes to go, and apparently suffering from radio glitches through a number of heats.
Serpent also suffered its share of bad luck with its tyres held up in customs, so apparently this limited their ability to test the car under race setup conditions during the practice sessions.
All in all i dont think AE is too far off the pace with the NTC3, but the other teams have really poured a lot of effort into their new cars, and the fruits of this are now starting to show.
To remain competitive at the top level AE are going to have to keep a elite crew of drivers, and I`m sure i read somewhere that they`d lost Pavidis to another team which cant help their cause.....just my 2 cents worth
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:53 AM   #7604
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Derby UK
Posts: 24
Default

selling parts bits cars?

[email protected]

ta
fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #7605
Tech Master
 
soc123_au's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Penrith Australia
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fiasco
selling parts bits cars?

[email protected]

ta
You want to buy or sell???
__________________
Serpent Radio Control Models
Auswide Hobbies
JPM Racing
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net