R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #7516
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you could leave the upright throttle servo, and put the carb slider opening towards the back of the car.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #7517
Tech Apprentice

Looking for tight and dust track setups. Tight as in I have carb limiter and lowest gearing available. dusty as in lookes like drifter cars.

I know the only solution for dust is to remove the dust. What have you guys done in situations like this? I've gone to 30 wt oil (#2 pistons), silver springs all around. I also use swaybars front and rear (I know this doesn't help, but there are two sweepers which need them due to the softer setup).

Your thoughts?
lmslms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:53 PM   #7518
Tech Apprentice

play around with the droop. started messing around with that my self and i have found all kinds of steering, also staying off the throttle helps too , but i use purple(front) and red(rear) for asphault, bumpy, and no traction besides what you can get from sugar wtr and foams.
rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:03 AM   #7519
Tech Fanatic

You could also try a bit of experimenting with the castor settings....taking the castor to 12 degrees will really help give you some more turn-in.
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #7520
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ttso
Let's add some nitro...

I'm working on a laydown throttle servo mod. This mod is not something just laydown the throttle servo, but with servo, battery, receiver relocated.

It's designed around 800mAh AAA 5cells battery pack, KO 302 receiver, AMBrc transponder, and two KO 2173 servos. I don't know exact location of CG yet, early CG test shows it's about the same with stock radio plate. But all electronics are now under radio plate with lowest position you can get, nothing above..

What you see above is placeholder, I haven't send the design to manufacture yet (still working on that). Hopefully it will all happen in next 2 weeks...

--
edit: photo relocated
Status update...

The designing finished on Sunday night. The paper model shows everything in correct place, so it should be function correctly. Will sent the draw to manufacture for 4mm carbon-fiber prototype...

ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:13 PM   #7521
Tech Elite

i know this sounds strange, but since i just got my ntc3, please bear with me. i heard you can adjust the wheelbase on the car, how do you do that?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #7522
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by macnkitty2002
i know this sounds strange, but since i just got my ntc3, please bear with me. i heard you can adjust the wheelbase on the car, how do you do that?
TC3, yes; NTC3, no.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #7523
Tech Fanatic

Trackwidth can but nope on the wheelbase.
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #7524
Tech Elite

ok, track width then. how do you do it? pictures would help if you can provide them.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #7525
Tech Fanatic

just screw in the pivot ball, or screw out the pivot ball...

don't forget to change the upper linkage's length to get a correct camber angle.

--
edit: typo

Last edited by ttso; 01-25-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #7526
Tech Elite

guys,i am having problem with my rear anti roll bar(wire type).it seems that the little screw that is suppose to hold the wire in place(i think )is not holding the wire properly.every time i move either of the arms,the roll bar will not stay in the molded place on the diff case.anyone can help?

thanks
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:13 AM   #7527
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
guys,i am having problem with my rear anti roll bar(wire type).it seems that the little screw that is suppose to hold the wire in place(i think )is not holding the wire properly.every time i move either of the arms,the roll bar will not stay in the molded place on the diff case.anyone can help?
thanks
same problem here, so far found no fix except changing to blade-type anti-roll...
Old 01-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #7528
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ttso
same problem here, so far found no fix except changing to blade-type anti-roll...

yeah.but i only have the old type suspension.upgrade soon lah i quess .but my blade have problems too.it doesn't seem to connect very good.have any pics of what a blade type roll bar should look like?and the set screws dont hold the blade too well.and i have seen people upgrading to aluminium mounts.why?
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #7529
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use two small washer. To hold the wire in place.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #7530
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
yeah.but i only have the old type suspension.upgrade soon lah i quess .but my blade have problems too.it doesn't seem to connect very good.have any pics of what a blade type roll bar should look like?and the set screws dont hold the blade too well.and i have seen people upgrading to aluminium mounts.why?
aluminium one is more secured than graphite one. mine graphite one's thread already wearout, so the blade angle changing all the time..

yep, add 2 small shim on screw to secure wire-type anti-roll does help some, but still moving. u can also try add an antenna tub on wire to limit the movement, but it will still moving...