R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-28-2001, 08:36 PM   #61

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Hey Toney whats up? Have you had any trouble with your site lately? I have'nt been able to get on it for at least a week. I got some of the options on order for the car just can't get them yet.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 06:06 AM   #62
Tech Apprentice

Just curious about something.Maybe I missed it.In the reviews of the car in the magazines I read something about the gastank being larger than "legal" size(since we run 5 minute mains it doesn't matter at our club)I also read that there is a lug that can be inserted into the tank to make it legal.I only ask because there wasn't a mention of it in the manual nor did I see any insert.Like I said it doesn't matter but I was curious if the tank had been changed etc.
blimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 01:24 AM   #63
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Now that you guys got me hyped up on this I am going to have to get one for myself. Does it come with the pipe and if not whats a should I get for a motor and pipe. I was thinking of something more on the reliable side then all out performance.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 06:08 AM   #64
Tech Apprentice

I believe that both styles(rear exhaust and side)come with the pipe and manifold.My rear exhaust version did for sure.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:38 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bbntc3: Site should be up. I've been on it every now and then making some quick changes (mostly stuff in the background...) That's a scary thought!!!

I just finished my move (living location). HOPEFULLY get my new DSL this week (or early next) and can start working on it again. I know I have been away from it for at least 2-3 weeks as I was getting ready for the move.

blimey: That's news to me, too!!!! I'll have to call Wednesday and find out, and I'll post the info on here.

spongebob: You can either purchase a rear exhaust or a side exhaust kit. Depending on which one you buy will dictate the type of manifold and pipe you will get.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 08:08 AM   #66
Tech Apprentice

Tony...I just re-read one of the articles that I read it in.Radio Control Nitro from RCCA(Nov.2001)It does state "the fuel tank holds a little more than the legal 75cc fuel capacity limit,an optional limiting lug can be installed inside the tank with a single screw to make the tank hold exactly 75cc" Wonder what the actual capacity is? Like I said its more just wondering..thanks for checking
Old 12-31-2001, 02:35 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice

Hey this is a problem...I just discovered that the axles on my NCT3 are larger than the holes on my HUDY Board....aiiiiiiiieeee
Old 12-31-2001, 11:29 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

major bummer dude
Old 01-01-2002, 02:01 AM   #69
Tech Elite

As usual when a new car comes onto the market there are claims that the NTC3 is better than all other cars out there. Of anybody who has driven theirs yet what do you think of these claims?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 09:48 AM   #70

AMG: I got to run the car one time so far, and other than some setup changes it seems to be a major contender. It has great acceleration and very good corner speed. I took a TC3 conversion and raced it against the best of cars and did very well so the NTC3 could only be better, the design and performance of a shaft driven car is unreal, especially corner speed. The only dislike I have is the weight, my car is 10 oz.s over the roar weight limit of 54 oz.s. So all the optional graphite parts and the light weight 2speed parts will be a must to me.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:16 AM   #71

Hey toney whats the weight savings on the car going with all the grphite parts and the light weight 2 speed stuff?
Old 01-01-2002, 05:19 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Wow sounds good. I imagine that the ultra low CG is helping the cornering. It really is the flattest touring car I have ever seen.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 06:08 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Wow sounds good. I imagine that the ultra low CG is helping the cornering. It really is the flattest touring car I have ever seen.
I doubt if "good corner speed" means high speed thru the corner or just it has good punch out of corner because of shaft driven.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 08:32 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think companies are realizing that the shaft drive, if done correctly, is a MAJOR bonus on touring cars. Tamiya, and even HPI's newest car, are both shaft driven!!!

bbntc3: I guess I should have weighed the car to see, eh??? I dont' know that it's gonna be THAT different, but the graphite is just a little stronger.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 08:39 AM   #75
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to USAF

hi
USAF is offline   Reply With Quote