Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Old 12-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i bought the fix with my car a while ago.

and since then ive knocked a few shocktowers and diff cases to hell, bending the fix screws.

can anyone tell me what size they have to be please, and thanks.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by ttso
The only thing I don't like about Centax is it's a bit heavier than stock 3shoes. But since my car already very under-weight, a little extra weight on Centax is fine for me.

I think the better way to decide is to see if your clutch suffer a great deal of slippy problem, mine did. If that happen, than Centax is the only solic solution, in my opinion.
Cannot agree more.....the weigh issue is totally not necessary on NTC3, if we have to follow the ROAR or IFMAR rules every single sunday, I will have a hard time adding weigh on this car, not to mention the AAA batteries pack and 9550 servos, those items does not help....

Beside, now a day engines...pulling 1.6+HP is nothing unusual, I still remember my first engine was Nova Mega Sx12 Side exhaust pulling the Centax 1 clutch from Serpent on my Impulse.......1.1HP engine can pull the centax, I don't see why a 1.6+ HP engine cannot.....

P.S....Ttso...not to mention, you guys are running Nova MAX oversea....those are the ground rocket launcher.....LOL
Old 12-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Werks pipe tested today

Today is a sunny day (typhoon just passed yesterday) and I finally got chance to test Werks pipe (with my Picco .12 XP 5ports).

Compare with mod AE pipe (manifold -11mm), the Werks pipe has similar topend (top speed about the same, maybe a very little bit faster). However, the bottom is much smooth and liner than my mod AE pipe. The car is now less punch and probably the reaction speed is a bit slower, but I like the smooth bottom rather than hard to control rocket. I don't consider the bottom is "weak", but "more liner".

Best part: I got ZERO flameout today (25% fuel), which is impossible with AE pipe, mod or stock. And engine performance is very consistence. I did no re-tune on engine in 4hrs testing, which also impossible with AE pipe, mod or stock.

Overall, I think the pipe probably will has a better performance on more powerful engine (Picco .12 XP 5ports is very stock, compare with those JP/Max/Mega monster). And I will stick with it since I had enough with unpredictable AE pipe (and hell, it looks GOOD ).
Then you should try it with a MAX or JP mod.....the 3rd chamber of the pipe might give you the extra TOP END.....when the pipe was in prototype, we experienced our engine DOES NOT have enough HP to get the 3rd chamber performance.....we were using SIRIO 12 EVO 1 and Mugen MR12 as testing....

I do have a Sirio EVO 15 small block 7 ports to try.....but the engine has some issue and does not perform as we expected, then we have to return the pipe to the mfr.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Werks pipe tested today

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Then you should try it with a MAX or JP mod.....the 3rd chamber of the pipe might give you the extra TOP END.....when the pipe was in prototype, we experienced our engine DOES NOT have enough HP to get the 3rd chamber performance.....we were using SIRIO 12 EVO 1 and Mugen MR12 as testing....

I do have a Sirio EVO 15 small block 7 ports to try.....but the engine has some issue and does not perform as we expected, then we have to return the pipe to the mfr.
I think I might not go for those rocket engine recently, my skill still too rookie to handle those rocket engine. My next engine most likely will be PiccoMega ZX12 Outlaw or Sirio new 5ports (all our races are outlaw class, with weight limit 1700g...). Hopefully those advanced engine will unlock the power of Werks pipe.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Werks pipe tested today

I think I might not go for those rocket engine recently, my skill still too rookie to handle those rocket engine. My next engine most likely will be PiccoMega ZX12 Outlaw or Sirio new 5ports (all our races are outlaw class, with weight limit 1700g...). Hopefully those advanced engine will unlock the power of Werks pipe.
I've got the word that Mega 12 will be around x'mas time later this month, their price should be as good as Sirio EVO2 5 port (around $200 for outlaw 5 port turbo MS).......
That is the engine that BLEE and I both ordered.........
Old 12-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RE: CENTAX

the Yokomo clutch is the way to go. All the factory AE guys has been using it and the Kfactory clutch and kawahara cluth don't even come close to Yokomo's centax for the tc3.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

if i bought the RTR Ntc3 and had $100 left over what items should i get?
Im not a racer, its just a fun toy, what all would you spend the $100 on not counting fuel, batteries etc..
Old 12-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by sonicboom141
if i bought the RTR Ntc3 and had $100 left over what items should i get?
Im not a racer, its just a fun toy, what all would you spend the $100 on not counting fuel, batteries etc..
Spend the first half on a good set of tires, wheels and foams. The origial set will be gone just about the time you finish breaking-in the engine.

Spend the second half on a set of Factory Team adjustable shocks, so you can adjust the car's handling to match your track.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: RE: CENTAX

Originally posted by jwf_frani
the Yokomo clutch is the way to go. All the factory AE guys has been using it and the Kfactory clutch and kawahara cluth don't even come close to Yokomo's centax for the tc3.
Frani,

I just bought one at Ultimate and 5 out of 5 packages were missing the clutch shoe. Unforturnately, I will have to resort to the stock 2 or 3 shoe clutch. Hopefully, I can remedy the slippage issue. Maybe after this weekend, I can get a hold of a complete
Yokomo clutch but, with TFT in 3 days and no days off until Friday,
the stock clutch will have to do.
Moto at Ultimate tried to contact Yokomo on Monday 12/6
and received the voice mail stating "mail box full". A little disconcerning to say the least but, I deal with it next week.

Dave
Old 12-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Default Yokomo Centax part no.

What is the yokomo centax part number? And where can i purchase them? Are they really intended for the NTC3?
Old 12-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

But $130 for a centax..........that is crazy. I am sure the $50 Mugen centax will do the same...no, may be not exact the same SAME, but I cannot justified the $130 just for a clutch.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

But $130 for a centax..........that is crazy. I am sure the $50 Mugen centax will do the same...no, may be not exact the same SAME, but I cannot justified the $130 just for a clutch.
i think your quoting the full retail price. plus the yokomo comes with pinions already and lines up perfect to the ae spur gear.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: RE: CENTAX

Originally posted by glitch44
Frani,

I just bought one at Ultimate and 5 out of 5 packages were missing the clutch shoe. Unforturnately, I will have to resort to the stock 2 or 3 shoe clutch. Hopefully, I can remedy the slippage issue. Maybe after this weekend, I can get a hold of a complete
Yokomo clutch but, with TFT in 3 days and no days off until Friday,
the stock clutch will have to do.
Moto at Ultimate tried to contact Yokomo on Monday 12/6
and received the voice mail stating "mail box full". A little disconcerning to say the least but, I deal with it next week.

Dave
yokomo usa is pretty good about replacing missing parts. i'm sure moto from ultimate just called at the wrong time.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Hmmm i think thats a little too much or a centax ill just get the kawahara one.

Is there any way i can mount the original flywheel assembly to my new engine without cutting the crankshaft?
Old 12-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jwf_frani
i think your quoting the full retail price. plus the yokomo comes with pinions already and lines up perfect to the ae spur gear.
You are right....they do a perfect fit on NTC3....what is the actual price from ultimate or any other places...?

I would say range from $70-80, THAT......is more reasonalbe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.