R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #7246

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

OK, spoke with Topgun777 today about the WERKS pipe, he said it seems that the pipe was designed and made by Mielke of Germany and is based off Yokomo design. Should be very good pipe for the car.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 04:57 AM   #7247
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My werks pipe has arrived & is hooked up on the car. If the weather is OK tommorow I will do some testing. Its a long sucker compared to the AE & RD pipes. Hopefully it will do the trick & get the Rody to scream. If its no good on the Rody I can hook it up on the Sirio or Tecwell for a comparison. Stay tuned for results Thanks BB for giving me the heads up on the reserve , The guy selling them on Ebay is really good, great service & communication.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:23 AM   #7248
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cool soc, looking forward your report...

too bad I can only test it next weekend. can't wait...
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:42 AM   #7249

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

soc_123 au:
Like I said it looks like it should be on a 1/8th car. Keep us informed! BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:20 AM   #7250
Tech Regular

Default 2 speed and centax

hi guys i ran my ntc3 ver 2 and yes its alot better than the previos rear end! but i had problems getting my two speed to shift it is very quite and i also had the kawahara centax in as well with the 2speed settings being stock and wound out another turn, with the clutch setting at 0.5 on the spring and bell clearence at 0.3 how come when i ran the stock ae clutch i can hear it shift then when i put a centax on i cant hear the 2 speed and get problems with it shifting???

jeremy
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #7251
Tech Master

I gave the Werks pipe a run yesterday. It seems to have a nice broad power band, with plenty of top end. I needed to go for a colder plug & richer on the top end. I unfortunatly clipped a board & tore the front left corner off the car. That ended the test session . Racing tommorow night so I will be able to compare lap times. Stay tuned for more results, provided I keep off the boards
Old 11-22-2004, 07:18 AM   #7252
Tech Adept

Default Re: 2 speed and centax

Quote:
Originally posted by rrgt_kid
hi guys i ran my ntc3 ver 2 and yes its alot better than the previos rear end! but i had problems getting my two speed to shift it is very quite and i also had the kawahara centax in as well with the 2speed settings being stock and wound out another turn, with the clutch setting at 0.5 on the spring and bell clearence at 0.3 how come when i ran the stock ae clutch i can hear it shift then when i put a centax on i cant hear the 2 speed and get problems with it shifting???

jeremy
It may be that your centex is set at the point where your so wound out that you change into second gear right off the bat. You may have to dial in on your two speed to engage at higher rpms. Good luck.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:21 AM   #7253
Tech Adept

Hey Boomer,
I tested the v2 this past weekend and it works great with minor adjustments to the position of the camber linkage to the tower position. I just moved it down one hole to the lowest cg point and the car was planted. Remember to take the washers off the hub at your camber connection when using the lowest cg hole and you should have plenty of steering. Good luck with setting yours up for asphalt.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:51 AM   #7254
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I actually like the v2 rear end camberlink in the stock position on the tower and 2 .030" washers under the ballstud on the upright. It really freed up the rear end and allowed the cart to rotate on-power. Just my opinion, of course.
Rich Panganiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:30 AM   #7255
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Used M8 For Sale

Used Airtronics M8, in good shaped, never dropped. Comes with 3ch reciever, Novak synthesized TX module and two sets of crystals plus a red MOMO-style steering wheel. Duratrax TX Bag and GP 2100 NIMH batteries included.

$250.00

[email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (138.8 KB, 98 views)
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:06 AM   #7256
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: 2 speed and centax

Quote:
Originally posted by sook
It may be that your centex is set at the point where your so wound out that you change into second gear right off the bat. You may have to dial in on your two speed to engage at higher rpms. Good luck.
thanks will take this into thought and will retry adjusting the two speed again!

jeremy.
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #7257
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: Re: Re: 2 speed and centax

Quote:
Originally posted by rrgt_kid
thanks will take this into thought and will retry adjusting the two speed again!

jeremy.
The simple way to do it (simple, but not the easiest) is to tighten the 2nd speed gear all the way in (almost all the way in) and let the car run the 1st gear only.........run the car on the straight for like 1-2 time and you can tell the car is urnning only the 1st gear....and remember the speed. (should be slow)

Then come back and start back out the 2-speed screws....and do so (like 1 full turn counterclockwise at a time, like how you adjust engine high end needle) untill you suddenly see the car FLIES with the 2nd speed...

That is the right way to do the 2-speed........you can no longer use X number of turn outs here and there cuase you are using Centax, and you are using a wear out clutch, a used sprigns and balls.....and overall, no car or 2-speed are the same.

The exact same thing happened on my car....and after doing the dummie test....I figured out I was in 2nd gear right at the launch (I was using Mugen Syntec).........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:33 PM   #7258
Tech Fanatic

Same for me, I got difficult time after switching to Centax (HN LS36). It endup with a complete 2speed rebuild, than it works fine.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:33 AM   #7259
Tech Master

Raced last night with the Werks pipe hooked up to the Rody, I still have a few tuning issues, the car was flaming out off power for no apparent reason. It only did it a couple of times but enough to piss me off. Other than the flame outs it ran really strong with plenty of power all over the track & the much needed top end I was looking for. A few more tweakes & this engine should finaly start to deliver the goods. Anyone else tried one yet?
Old 11-24-2004, 06:54 AM   #7260
Tech Fanatic

Here is the photo compares Werks NTC3 pipe with AE stock pipe -11mm on manifold. The pipe is shorter on 1st chamber, longer on 2nd chamber. The diameter at begining of 2nd chamber on AE stock is 31.5mm, on Werks is 34mm. Generally it's a lots bigger pipe than AE stock. More like a pipe for .15 or .18 engine.