Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
[

With the OFNA engine mount, you can slide the engine backward a little in order to get a better fit....

]
What is the number part for the ofna engine mount, I´d like to fit a standard shaft cut to the ftc3 with a sirio evo 2 legal, tower does not carry the sg version.
thanks
Old 08-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by sean
let me just ask this-even though the guy fro AE told me i could do this i don see how it could work...the NTC3 comes with a 50/54 spur and a 22/26 pinion. there is a difference of 4 teeth. with out thinking i ordered a 20/25 pinion set. that is a differnce of 5 teeth. iwas told i could use it, in fact i was told that i could use up to a 6 tooth spread. but it just doesnt make sense to me. for example --according to AE i could use a 20/26 spur with the stock 50/54 spur. i dont know why they would say that. if you meshed up the 26 pinion to its respective spur, you cant just expect the 20 pinion to mesh because it wont. it is now too small.now just for my own knowledge i am going to assume that if there is a 5 tooth difference btween the spurs-there has to be a 5 tooth difference between the pinions, in other words always the same differnce in teeth between the two sets of gears. am i right? i know i could just try but i have not had much time latley and this questin has been bugging me. if anyone thinks that the 20/25 pinion will not be a problem with the 50/54 spur, let me know and i will install them. i wanted to drop a couple of teeth on the pinion for more punch. and i need to know how to order gears from now on.
I don't blame you, you are correct.....however, AE is right too, but I do not think that is the best way to you.

Yes, if you can MESH the gear perfectly, you can do 20/25 with 54/50 (5 vs 4 tooth different).......just the first gear will be very close to each other and 2nd gear is a little FAR from each other, it is DO-ABLE.

AE gears are not the same as Serpent, Mugen, R40, TRINITY's gear...they can match any gears with any spur combo....you can even do a 18/18 with 50/46 gear ( yes, first and 2nd pinion can be both 18T and 18T)....

For AE, I think you can forget about it....there are only several gear combo that works and WORHT to try....54/50 wiht 26/22 (stock) or with 54/48 and 21/27 (Factory team and Team DRIVER setup, USE that, it is the best gear combo) or a little lower with 20/26

The rest....not worth the time.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Seisick
What is the number part for the ofna engine mount, I´d like to fit a standard shaft cut to the ftc3 with a sirio evo 2 legal, tower does not carry the sg version.
thanks
Why do you need a adjustable mount when you don't have to...?
For me, it is adjustable, also, there is a chance that the enigne might move after strong vibration....another chance to strip your gears....
Ppl use it mainly because it came with the OFNA centax cause with OFNA centax, you have to shift your engine alittle backward in order to line-up the 2-speed spur gear....

If you want, here is the place that you can LOOK (don't know where to order, TOWER for sure does not have that...) Part number 38435

http://www.ofna.com/LD3options2.html
Old 08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

thanks for that rookie solara. it just didnt seem right. in my buisness(MerCruiser stern drive tech) close doesnt cut it. we go through serious shimming procedures when we are reassembling a drive. and i tend to like things clean and neat. so i guess i will have to order some more gears.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

thanks for that rookie solara. it just didnt seem right. in my buisness(MerCruiser stern drive tech) close doesnt cut it. we go through serious shimming procedures when we are reassembling a drive. and i tend to like things clean and neat. so i guess i will have to order some more gears.
Thats how I told everyone to start RACING NTC3....use 21/27 and 54/48 to start...........that is like a ALL AROUND best racing gearing combo for NTC3....
If your track is a little smaller...use 20/26 instead.

If 21/27 gives you the best setting, why bother to play with the odd tooth when they are not necessary BETTER then the Team setting one.....
Old 08-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

TC4 will be out this month (September).........now, how long it will take AE to release the NTC4?

TC3 was released around JULY 1999.....Factory team was a year later.

NTC3 was released around JAN 2003 (2-1/2 years later after TC3)

Now, without the legal issue of NTC3, will NTC4 be released less then 2.5 years...? Will see..............
Old 08-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

man I was JUST about to ask that question...it's seems that AE is lagging behind in terms of product development...all these other companies are coming out with versions after versions of updated cars...AE's ntc3 is sooooo outdate...and it's not there isn't any area for improvements...there's a ton of stuff they can improve...weird..

G
Old 08-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Centax

Hi Rookie,
We left off you were going to try the centax. Did it solve your slipping? I ran this weekend. As usual the ver1 ran well, but a few tanks into it someone stopped on the straight, didn't say anything and you guessed it, plowed him. Couldn't avoid it, was dueling with a jp 5 port driven kyosho which had a large top end. Only broke a pivot ball and a lower front arm. Not bad.

Ver 2 I set up pertty much like v1, but spun out during hard exceleration after a sharp right turn. Really had to baby it there. I ran 42's all around. Sure 40's in the rear would have solve it or my lola body, but I wanted to finish with my 42s since temp should soon start going down, and forgot the lola. Seems I will stick to diffs for now
Old 08-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by loosenut
man I was JUST about to ask that question...it's seems that AE is lagging behind in terms of product development...all these other companies are coming out with versions after versions of updated cars...AE's ntc3 is sooooo outdate...and it's not there isn't any area for improvements...there's a ton of stuff they can improve...weird..

G
Well, I hope no one (or AE at least) will see your statment....(just kidding)....well, look at Serpent 710....ppl are complainting Serpent changing the CAR too fast....from 705 to 710 within a year, and they are worry about a 710 R or whatever it will come out end of this year while they just got their 710....then Kyosho, V1r, then V1RR, then V1RR EVO, now....V1RRR.....how many R they want to generate?

One of the reason I like Assoicated is....the car can span good 2-3 years without an update, and can still running fine, YES, NTc3 might not be as fast as MTX3, FW-05R or 710 those new comers, but NTC3 can still be around or hanging with them.....
And the most recent update is the V2 suspension.....thats all, ersonally, I like the way AE did....Of course, NTC3 has tons of area they can improve, but if they revised the car every year, we ended up buying new car after new car every year....

I rather they change the WHOLE car within 2-3 years span.....and I am looking forward to see or hear the NTC4 from the up coming Chicago Hobby Show....
Old 08-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

i dont really know because i am new to nitro,but- the NTC3 couldnt be that outdated and lagging behind the competition in performance. why would people still buy it? just my thoughts
Old 08-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

i dont really know because i am new to nitro,but- the NTC3 couldnt be that outdated and lagging behind the competition in performance. why would people still buy it? just my thoughts
The ntc3 is still competitive, esp on small to medium tracks. The only thing I see is it lacks on top end speed. The car still handles with the best of them
Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I cant find any info on the TC4, where did you see it Rookie?
I hope the NTC4 is not coming too soon, I have too much $$ tied up in NTC3 parts.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wonder what they're going to change because there's so many hop ups out there that can improve the NTC3. I wonder if they're going to make it CD3 like? It'll be lower cg and the engine can take any pipe. I hope they'll do better because AE is known for innovations. I believe they can do better. Time will tell. As for now, I'll race the crap out of my NTC3. The car has a bad habit of chunking the rear tires with the V2 suspension.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally posted by soc123_au
I cant find any info on the TC4, where did you see it Rookie?
I hope the NTC4 is not coming too soon, I have too much $$ tied up in NTC3 parts.
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=177395
Old 08-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Fast Harry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.