R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-24-2002, 09:28 AM   #676
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

bb - do you have a pic of your metal-tower-mod?
Old 05-24-2002, 09:35 PM   #677

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Tmblewd: Where we race the straights are only about 90ft, and I have it shifting at about the 45 to 50 ft mark. He likes this gearing better than any of the others and I have tried them all!

Boomer: I have no pics at the moment but will try and get them on for you guys the first of next week. The mod is very strong and I don't think it will work loose, it will snap one side of the shocktower off, or rip the diff off the car before it comes loose or breaks the mounting holes off the diff like it usually does. I was afraid of the car reacting funny with the towers so solid but don't seem to bother it. We'll know for sure tommorrow, we have a trophy race, no rain in sight, high 80's can't wait!!!!!!!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 07:35 AM   #678
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Have any of you guys had glitching problems?? I ran mine during break-in and it glitched in the same place every lap. I haven't had glitching problems with the radio in any other car until I ran this car. I'm thinking it's the pipe/manifold touching each other. I'm going to run the car again and see if it glitches. If it does, I'll cut the manifold down to the length it is now with coupler in place and make a gap between the two, then run it again to see if it still glitches.

I hate glitching problems....
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 08:59 AM   #679
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by GT4-R Terror
Have any of you guys had glitching problems?? I ran mine during break-in and it glitched in the same place every lap. I haven't had glitching problems with the radio in any other car until I ran this car. I'm thinking it's the pipe/manifold touching each other. I'm going to run the car again and see if it glitches. If it does, I'll cut the manifold down to the length it is now with coupler in place and make a gap between the two, then run it again to see if it still glitches.

I hate glitching problems....
if it glitches, it glitches no matter where the car goes. You must have frequency jam problem instead !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #680
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ_GenR8
heres my problem........

.....I cant get my 2 speed to work properly! I dont hear it shifting at all, and no matter how I adjust it, I can't get it to work.
DJ_GenR8, hey, what engine do you have installed? The reason why I'm asking is because my NTC3 wouldn't shift into 2nd either when it was new but I also had an O.S. .15CV-X(.6 HP) installed in it. I went ahead and loosened the tranny screws to 4 turns out on each side and it still wouldn't shift. I know it wouldn't shift because you could hear crickets fart outside where I was. Now for the good part. After about 10 hard races on the car I finally upgraded my horse power to a Picco .15(1 HP). Well my shifting problem wasn't on my mind at the time because I had forgotin about it since our track is pretty small for nitro sedans anyway. Well I broke-in the new Picco. After about 12 tanks of break-in I decided to hammerdown on some throttle to see if I got my money's worth. The damn thing shifted and I wasn't expecting that(again, my shifting problem wasn't on my mind cause I gave up on it since it wouldn't shift in the first place with the OS), nothing could have made my day more better plus I saw that I got my moneys worth on that new Picco. Now, the car shifts into 2nd and YOU CAN hear it plus see it-that is if your ears and your eyes are working properly. So my anwser to you is I think that it just takes time for the tranny to get worked in then it will start shifting. Either that or my motor didn't have enough HP but alot of people are having this propblem and with the car being new I'm almost definate that the trannys just haven't been broken in. Oh, I'm still running the screws 4 turns out on each side but seriously thinking about tightening them up since I'm hittin 2nd way too early plus our track is a little tight(I like my bottomend thin).
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:41 AM   #681
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Ooops, I didn't even see rmac's post. I guess that what I get for jumping to conclusions. Yeah, rmac hit the nail square dead on its head. Damn, all that typing for nothing
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 02:59 PM   #682
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys,

Just finished assembling my kit today, very happy with the quality of materials used and especially how the parts all fit together. The car looks and feels good, amazing drivetrain!!!

I was wondering what body you guys recommend. I thought ide be safe and got a stratus, any other body work ok with this kit?also... any other things i should watch out for when i start running the car? did fuel tank mods, changed steering spring, etc...

thanks to everyone here, after reading and following your posts for almost a month now, i was able to do these important mods before even starting the car.....certainly made my decision on getting this kit easier!!

GO NTC3!!!!!
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 04:00 PM   #683
Tech Apprentice

proudwinner, I finally did get it to work...kinda along the same lines as you. I've got a Fantom .12 in it. I broke it in and the 2 speed never kicked in. I ended up cleaning the 2-speed like the manual says to do after a few runs, and I also tightened it down to manual specs. I'm only running it about 1/2 turn out now and it engages perfect for my track (long straight with a sweeping turn). Today was my first race and it went pretty well. Running the stock front springs w/ assoc. blues in the rear, 5.5mm ride height and HPI 33r'sw/ HPI med inserts. I think I might stiffen up the suspension a notch, and definetely get a one way. I had a bad understeering problem, plus I broke a servo. I didn't even crash the car when it broke. I broke it simply from turning! I think these cars need a High torque/ high speed servo. I was only using a stock JR servo, so thats my next upgrade.....anyways, theres my 2 cents on my first nitro experience.....Oh yeah, did I mention its a whole lot messier than electric??? I got friggen nitro all over everything!
DJ_GenR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 08:35 PM   #684
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Thanks Manticore, It turned out that the P/T was the cause. I put it on the top of the radio box lid, right over the crystal!!! I set the radio down and took the car and walked about 100yds. and it started to glitch. I then went on to find the P/T setting over the crystal, interfered with the radio signal.

Needless to say, I'm real happy....

The car rocks....
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:02 PM   #685
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy

Anybody know when the new Yokomo one way will be available for the NTC3? I'm tired of these associated one ways. I've gone through 3 of them already.
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:48 PM   #686
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Notice to all..

Don't waste your time with the Associated Titanium Pivot Balls. They bend just as fast as the steel ones. For "$8 EACH" it's not worth the money.

Just a heads up
ChristopherKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 01:13 AM   #687
Tech Rookie

The new heavy duty one way is available from Yokomo USA. I got mine last week.
Kevin P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:48 AM   #688
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin P.
The new heavy duty one way is available from Yokomo USA. I got mine last week.
Thanks. How is your one way holding up so far?
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 07:51 AM   #689

Heres the pic of the shocktower mod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00045.jpg (95.6 KB, 260 views)
Old 05-28-2002, 07:54 AM   #690

whoops!!!! wrong pic, heres a closer view:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00048.jpg (85.1 KB, 296 views)