R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-20-2004, 10:13 PM   #6871
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pre Camber Tires

After reading the article at MyTSN, I'm going to precamber the rears to -1. The fronts will be even. That should stick pretty good. But before I do that, I'll have to take a caliper and take tire measurements before and after. I'll divide the difference by the time in minutes. That should give me a rate at how the tires wear out. From that data, it should give me a basepoint on how to true the tires before a race event. I suggest doing all this during the same day of the race, of course.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:14 AM   #6872
Tech Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rookie Solara
[B]Yes....how could I forgot....and THANKS for your information.
I am going to get a used one to try cause I want to slap the 22/29 for more speed....LOL
Thanks.......

Rookie,
Let us know how this turns out. I too am thinking of getting the centax but was leaning to the ofna. Only reason I see to do so though is for top end. Wish AE could come out with a 29 to fit the car. I still love the car after 3 years and the only thing it possibly gives up is some top end.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:18 AM   #6873

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
here..I found this while bench racing....

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=2665

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=4328
Thanks Harry!! You sometimes rattle me, and then I just gotta mess with ya!!!! No punt really intended just messn. I don't see why you don't like the GQ tires, all of us here have tried everything out there and the GQ by far are the best for our conditions. The GRP's are also good and some people use them here, but... Its not really a performance thing,they are just alittle cheaper, the guys get them from a GRP sponcered driver. about 2 to 3 dollars cheaper a set. That pricing kinda adds up in the end.
BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:12 AM   #6874
Tech Master

Am I still gonna be able to use the brakes without sliding out with a one-way or am I gonna have to brake in a strait line
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:32 AM   #6875
Tech Fanatic

Default BMI Gen2

The BMI Gen2 chassis rocks! Paired with the V2 Suspension and the car provides great traction through the tight corners. I've hit the board pretty hard once and the chassis sustained the blow. Just lost of couple screws from the impact. Make sure you use threadlock on the all the chassis screws. The most problematic were the swing rack screws. I had to use CA glue to lock them in. The only gripe is the chassis takes only 4 cell battery packs. I use servo tape to clamp down my 5 cell pack. Any ideas how to make a strap for the 5 cell. I'm thinking about getting some battery strap and clamp the ends with screw and locknuts.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:58 AM   #6876
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Trinity 5 cell packs fit. It sounds like you have it hooked up well
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:44 AM   #6877
Tech Initiate

I used to think that if my tires were wearing without coning my settings were OK. Observing the cars that finish the big races on magazines you can notice that they end up with noticeable coning. For now Iwill just add chamber to the back end and see what happens.
CTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:51 PM   #6878
Tech Adept

Default increase off power steering

What is off power steering? What is on power steering?

How to increase off power steering on the NTC3?
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:08 PM   #6879
Tech Adept

Here is a question for you Raceblast........Why would you want to know how to increase off power steering on the NTC3 if you do not know the difference between off power steering and on power?

There are several methods to increase off power steering: If racing asphalt, I would use front one-way or increase camber or use a softer compound tire selection or change to a stiffer spring and last you could stand the shock up one notch.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #6880
Tech Adept

Well, just want to know exactly what the terms on power steering and off power steering mean.

When I pull the throttle trigger and turn, the car turns very well . When I don't press gas and just let the car rolls around a corner, the car understeers.

I want to correct the understeer problem of the car when the throttle is not applied.

My car handles good enough for race condition, but I'd like to further improve the handling of the car.
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #6881

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3
Default Re: BMI Gen2

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
The BMI Gen2 chassis rocks! Paired with the V2 Suspension and the car provides great traction through the tight corners. I've hit the board pretty hard once and the chassis sustained the blow. Just lost of couple screws from the impact. Make sure you use threadlock on the all the chassis screws. The most problematic were the swing rack screws. I had to use CA glue to lock them in. The only gripe is the chassis takes only 4 cell battery packs. I use servo tape to clamp down my 5 cell pack. Any ideas how to make a strap for the 5 cell. I'm thinking about getting some battery strap and clamp the ends with screw and locknuts.
I have gen1 and gen 2 chassis's I have use from day one, the will take a 5 cell pack with the stock mounting. Just put something under thaebat and on top,( small foam piece) and screw the 2 bracket screw down.( batts lay 4 longways 1batt turned sideways. I think a trinity 1150 pack part # is rc500 maybe.
The Gen 1 or 2 chassis is the best hopup you can buy for the car, believe me
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #6882
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by raceblast
Well, just want to know exactly what the terms on power steering and off power steering mean.

When I pull the throttle trigger and turn, the car turns very well . When I don't press gas and just let the car rolls around a corner, the car understeers.

I want to correct the understeer problem of the car when the throttle is not applied.

My car handles good enough for race condition, but I'd like to further improve the handling of the car.

Try loosening your front diff
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:42 PM   #6883
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Yes....how could I forgot....and THANKS for your information.
I am going to get a used one to try cause I want to slap the 22/29 for more speed....LOL
Thanks.......

Rookie,
Let us know how this turns out. I too am thinking of getting the centax but was leaning to the ofna. Only reason I see to do so though is for top end. Wish AE could come out with a 29 to fit the car. I still love the car after 3 years and the only thing it possibly gives up is some top end.
Yeah, I know I will get the centax today when I get home, but now, someone mentioned I have to use OFNA engine mount and cut this and that.................that really bother me.

And also, that 29T really doesn't matter for me...........it is the SLIPPING that very bother me, when you have a powerfull engine like X12 but all you see your car is running the same speed as a 3 port side exhaust engine, you know there is something wrong...

(new clutch shoes from AE lasted me like 1 qualifier and start slipping again......so you can see how powerfull that engine is...)
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:44 PM   #6884
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by The Black Kat
Am I still gonna be able to use the brakes without sliding out with a one-way or am I gonna have to brake in a strait line
you are forced to brake at the straight line or you will fishtailed....that is the reaction from the 1-way....but of course, after a long practice, you can still manage to brake while turning, but just not as responsive or as good as using front ball diff
Old 08-24-2004, 03:46 PM   #6885
Tech Champion

Default Re: increase off power steering

Quote:
Originally posted by raceblast
What is off power steering? What is on power steering?

How to increase off power steering on the NTC3?
Entering the turn is OFF power steering.

Exiting the turn is ON power steering...

When your friend told you that you need to Increase OFF power steering, that means you are PUSHING when you coming into the turn, you are UNDERSTEERING....you need to correct your steering by adding more traction on your steering while you are coming in (entering) the corner....

Correct me if I am wrong, thats the way I drive....for years