R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-18-2004, 10:53 PM   #6706
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

In reply to the rear tyre coning, I haven't found this with my NTC3, however I did see this previously with my old car. I actually found that the amount of droop affected the way the tyres wore.

I found that excess droop would cause the tyres to cone outwards, and minimal droop would cause the tyres to cone inwards.

With the NTC3 since I can properly measure everything, I can adjust the coning with the camber alone.

Not sure if this is your issue but maybe worth a look.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:07 AM   #6707
Tech Apprentice

I just ran my second SWS ROAR event and only my 3rd race since I stopped racing 2 1/2 years ago.

I finished 3rd in the A-main behind Ron Atomic and I think Tommy Porfio.

Tha car ran very well but the back end was a little loose in the chicanes and I got my motor tuned pretty good but I still am down on power. My best lap was .3 seconds off of the fastest lap turned in qualifying.

I feel the NTC-3 is an outstanding car and very durable. I have only broken one part and that was a rear lower arm when I was bumped off the track at speed by an 1/8th scale car and hit the wall backwards.
FFR3582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:54 AM   #6708
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by FFR3582
I just ran my second SWS ROAR event and only my 3rd race since I stopped racing 2 1/2 years ago.

I finished 3rd in the A-main behind Ron Atomic and I think Tommy Porfio.

Tha car ran very well but the back end was a little loose in the chicanes and I got my motor tuned pretty good but I still am down on power. My best lap was .3 seconds off of the fastest lap turned in qualifying.

I feel the NTC-3 is an outstanding car and very durable. I have only broken one part and that was a rear lower arm when I was bumped off the track at speed by an 1/8th scale car and hit the wall backwards.
Great result after a long break, look out when you get dialed with the car
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:23 PM   #6709
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Outlaw Specs for the ntc3

Just curious what are guys running and what's allowed? Can you run wider tires? What's a good .15 engine? Is it no holds barred?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:23 PM   #6710
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Outlaw Specs for the ntc3

Just curious what are guys running and what's allowed? Can you run wider tires? What's a good .15 engine? Is it no holds barred?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:55 PM   #6711
Tech Initiate

well guys i decided to stick with my ntc3 and pass on the mugen, Honestly i feel better for staying with my car. I picked up a new engine and got done with the break in today now i have to concentrate on my set ups. My question is can you run the optional foam tire set up in the manual with a car with v1 suspension????? Also how much will handling be affected if i used a rear sway bar in the front since i dont have a blade.

thanks fellas!

Jon
blitz jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:08 PM   #6712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

you gonna be at revelation on Thursday? If so, hit me up. I can help you as much as possible with setup. The wire roll bar will work, but its not very tunable like the blade type. I have an extra blade roll bar and if you want we can throw it on there so you can see if you like it or not, before you spend the 40 on it. let me know so i can bring it.

Wayne
Old 07-19-2004, 11:41 PM   #6713
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
OK guys I have been running the NTC3 since day 1. I had no tire coning problems until I switched to the V2 rear.
The same time I switched to the V2 I changed to the newer BMI Limited addition chassis. Now I have the left rear tire coning bigtime, no matter how much or less chamber I use. The car tweaks good and handles good, but I can't get but 2 maybe 3, 5 min heats out of the left rear. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas anyone? I'm all out of ideas. BB
Was in the A-main 45minutes race a couple of weeks ago. came back with the rear left tyre coning from inside out. I could see the white rim on the outside (positive camber). The reason was that the outside bearing on the hex (securing the tyre) broke. So maybe you wanna check you bearing
cow buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:50 AM   #6714
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by wild gopher
you gonna be at revelation on Thursday? If so, hit me up. I can help you as much as possible with setup. The wire roll bar will work, but its not very tunable like the blade type. I have an extra blade roll bar and if you want we can throw it on there so you can see if you like it or not, before you spend the 40 on it. let me know so i can bring it.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne ill make it a point to show up on thursday to get some run time in, ill hook up with you then. Thanks for the help in advance i apprecate it.

Jon
Old 07-21-2004, 01:46 AM   #6715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

guys, can you please help me with my ntc3 setup.

i didnt write everything down yet, but my car tends to slide a bit too much, and i feel that i am not turning into the corners as much as a should be, and is there noticable torque steer with the ntc3? because i think im either having some torque steer or improper servo trim. thanks
R3VoLuTiOn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:39 AM   #6716
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

OK R3V, take a deep breath. It'll all come with experience.

First of all, let me tackle the 'torque steer' issue. The NTC3 doesn't usually suffer from this although it may do very slightly but not enough to think it's throttle trim.

It sounds more like the car is tweaked. By this we mean an imbalance somewhere in either the setup or there may be a problem mechanically.

First of all, take all the shocks off the car (remember or mark the fronts and rears) and make sure that they are of equal length when they are fully extended. Adjust if needed by turning the ball cups on the end of the shocks. With the shocks off the car, put the car on a flat surface and make sure the chassis is not warped or bent.

Then measure the ride height of the car and ensure that it is the same on both sides for front and rear.

Now try the car again and see if it has the torque steer or not.

We'll deal with your problems one at a time eh?
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:36 PM   #6717
Tech Elite

okie! hehe ill do that sometime today.

also, my pinions and spurs look like i went rallying with my car, is it time to replace them? if so can i get the factory team gearing people have been talking about?
Old 07-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #6718
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Flash Gordan Send a message via Yahoo to Flash Gordan

Quote:
Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
okie! hehe ill do that sometime today.

also, my pinions and spurs look like i went rallying with my car, is it time to replace them? if so can i get the factory team gearing people have been talking about?
Most definitely get the FT gear set. It's supposed to get you up to speed quicker and have a higher top end when it hits second gear. I'm looking right now for the cheapest place to get the parts. Either Towerhobbies or Ebay.
Flash Gordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:26 PM   #6719
Tech Elite

what IS the ft gear set? is there like a bundle of 4 gears or do i buy the 4 separately?
Old 07-21-2004, 10:09 PM   #6720
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
21/27 pinions and 54/48 spurs.
a page back...