Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #6571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Why not compete in style...

For like $80 per body shipped........I think that is a very good deal ($25 for body, and $45 for the paint job....)
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:26 AM   #6572
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Rookie,

You got an NTC3 Black Book you can email me?

Thanks for the informative posts.
I have to look it up....got it like 2 years ago and read it 1 time and never use it again.....I got more information here in the forum then that $5 black book.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:27 AM   #6573
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by jasoncsc
Thanks Rookie!

One more Q, do you know where in HK can I get HN parts?
KWS....try Mr. Lam at Harmony Hobby.............
Old 07-06-2004, 11:09 AM   #6574
Tech Initiate

Default AE Dual Camber Vs LD Logic Turbo Dual Camber

I'm using the AE pipe which come with FT kit and would like to try the LD Turbo pipe. Does anyone has any comments about the LD Turbo pipe.

My problem with the AE pipe is it doesn't sound like the other car which use the same engine with mine. No matter how I adjust the engine and it doesn't have the very high pitch sound which other car produce at top speed.
Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #6575
Tech Master

Hey Zoom,

Yeah Kenmore is in the states 20 miles north of Seattle, WA. I could not figure out for the life of me where Perth was nothing came up in the US. By the way nice track you race at.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:45 PM   #6576
Tech Champion

Default Re: AE Dual Camber Vs LD Logic Turbo Dual Camber

Quote:
Originally posted by Raycer
I'm using the AE pipe which come with FT kit and would like to try the LD Turbo pipe. Does anyone has any comments about the LD Turbo pipe.

My problem with the AE pipe is it doesn't sound like the other car which use the same engine with mine. No matter how I adjust the engine and it doesn't have the very high pitch sound which other car produce at top speed.
What does the sound have to do with the car.....? As long as your car is as fast as your friend, I think that is ok...
RD is 1-piece, and usually have a hair higher topend........that might be your different.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #6577
Tech Initiate

Hi Rookie Solara,

You're right. Actually, my car has the petty much the same top speed as my friend and he use a Ross pipe. It doesn't seem like he has more power than my AE pipe, but the price is almost 1/3 higher than mine.

Anyway, thanks for you comment.
Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:38 PM   #6578
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

I would stick with the AE pipe, I had problems with too much fuel pressure with the RD pipe. Just cold weld the pressure hole on the AE pipe & put a pressure nipple near the front.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:42 PM   #6579
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by soc123_au
Zoom, are you coming to Sydney in OCT for the AU Titles, it would be nice to not be the only NTC3 competing, everyone over here has got a thing for Serpent & Mugen.
Nah man, I won't be going to the Nats this year, it's a long way from over here. he he. If I was sponsored then that might be a different story! I'd love to go over for it, but being my first couple of months back in racing after 16 years off, I'm still learning these onroad nitro cars. Used to run offroad electric.

I'm happy with the progress though since I now have the WA state title, and a new qualifying record in the sport class over here. Next year the Nationals are over here so you'll have to come over and we can shove it up the snakes.

Maybe Mr Abbott will run at the Nats and you won't be the only AE driver then. he he.
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:44 PM   #6580
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Number 11
Hey Zoom,

Yeah Kenmore is in the states 20 miles north of Seattle, WA. I could not figure out for the life of me where Perth was nothing came up in the US. By the way nice track you race at.
Thanks for that 11. Glad we cleared up who lives where. The track is a ripper and it gets resurfaced this year or early next year since we have the nationals in 2005.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #6581
Tech Master

Quote:

I heard from a reliable source over east, that if you take your AE pipe to a fabricator and have about 20mm removed from the header/pipe length that it will then let the engine rev out much more nicely. It makes sense in theory but I haven't tried it myself.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #6582
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: AE Dual Camber Vs LD Logic Turbo Dual Camber

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
I heard from a reliable source over east, that if you take your AE pipe to a fabricator and have about 20mm removed from the header/pipe length that it will then let the engine rev out much more nicely. It makes sense in theory but I haven't tried it myself.
Try 5mm on the header and a little on the pipe........20mm, you don't have much pipe left.

And the theory is...the shorter the pipe, the more power on high end, the longer the pipe, the more power on low end.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #6583
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
Nah man, I won't be going to the Nats this year, it's a long way from over here. he he. If I was sponsored then that might be a different story! I'd love to go over for it, but being my first couple of months back in racing after 16 years off, I'm still learning these onroad nitro cars. Used to run offroad electric.

I'm happy with the progress though since I now have the WA state title, and a new qualifying record in the sport class over here. Next year the Nationals are over here so you'll have to come over and we can shove it up the snakes.

Maybe Mr Abbott will run at the Nats and you won't be the only AE driver then. he he.
Well done on the WA Title, there is some good steerers over there. Is Chris Bosich still racing, that guy can drive!!
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:53 PM   #6584
Tech Master

Yeah, Boz won the 1/8th scale title. He turned up on the saturday or the sunday and ran a few laps to qualify. The Final was on the monday because of rain. He and David Braun ran the entire final within about 10 metres of each other. I think Chris was just a little bit easier on his tyres early on and went on to take the win. It was a great race to watch and I'm sure Chris was happy to take the win over the 950R.

He didn't run in the 200mm class for that event.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:33 PM   #6585
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default trackwidth

I'm just about done with the ntc3. I'm dialing the suspensions setup in but I'm stuck with trackwidth settings. From what ends on the front and rear do you measure track width? With tires on or off? What trackwidths you guys running with the new v2 rear setup?