R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-04-2004, 06:51 PM   #6406
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: FT V2 setup reference anyone?

Quote:
Originally posted by jasoncsc
I am running gearing at 21/27 with 52/48, 70wt shock oil, red springs all corners, AE 3 shoe clutch with copper clutch springs, rear blade anti-roll bar, Protoform Dodge Stratus, and Jaco 40 F & R tires.
Jason, check your gears combination again........I don't really thing 6 tooths different on the pinion matching with 4 tooths different on spur is the great idea....someone might use that before, but I doubt it that is the best combination...

Try 21/27 with 54/48........that is the best gear setting all around.

Also, if you run at ACO or TRC....putting rear blade bar ONLY is not a good idea....either use them at the front and use BUDS rear thick bars (instead of blade) or not use them....

Don't worry about the upright shimming...you need to find out from the STOCK setting first....adding shimings and relocation the other end of the rear tie-rod will only change the ROLL CENTERS of the car....only gives or take some traction away....we cannot tell you or you cannot tell for now untill you really try to run your car first...

Don't jump the gun....that will screw you head off.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:57 PM   #6407
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: SHOCK LENGTH

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzo416
I MEANT THE MEASUREMENT OF THE SHOCK IN INCHES OR MILLIMETERS. WHAT TYPE OF TRACK DO U RUN ON?

SMOOTH/ BUMPY
TRACTION - HI/MED/LO
SIZE OF TRACK
I don't think that matters......I thread my end cup all the way untill you see a little bit of the thread left...just make sure all 4 shocks are the same length, because on NTC3, you will use only like 80% of the shock length, and use may be 5% for droop....you use the coilover to adjust the ride height of the car, and you should still have plenty of shock travel left for the droop, which is controlled by your down and up stop screws......
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:59 PM   #6408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Locking rear diffs?

Anyone tried locking the rear diffs like the successful 1/8 Serpent cars? Impressions?
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:03 PM   #6409
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A few responses

V2 Rear End conversion
RC Boyz is out of them. Anywhere else?
Stormer has them back in stock

K-Factory Parts
Does anyone know where to buy K-Factory hop-ups for the NTC3 in the US?
Depends on what you want. Stormer has some of those, too.

Current Setup (V2) - Medium Smoothness and Traction, 200 ft Back Straight:

FCaster = 9, FCamber = -3, FToe = 0.5 out, FShocks = #3/50wt/Red, FRide = 5.5mm, FDroop Set to 2.5mm upward chassis travel, Tower/Camber/Arm = Middle/Inner/Outer, One-Way, Front Blade = 45, Speedmind 40

RCamber = -3, RToe = 2, RShocks = #3/50wt/Copper, RRide = 6mm, RDroop Set to 2mm upward chassis travel, Tower/Camber = Middle/Upper, Diff = 1/4 out, Speedmind 40, No anti-sway

Rossi NS12, Kawahara Centax, 21/54 & 27/48, Vauxhall BTCC
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:48 PM   #6410
Tech Apprentice

Dear rockdude, rookie and zipzap,

Thanks for your setting. It helps to give me a baseline for my setup.

Rookie, I run in ACO. Actually the gear combination is recommend by the shop owner because he said using 23 1st would make pickup sluggish....Later I ask him that the manual said 23/27 with 52/48, and whether it will be any gear mesh problem to use 21 with 52 but he said many locals use this with no problem.....
jasoncsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:19 AM   #6411
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

is it worth the money to add the centax clutch setup?
Old 06-05-2004, 07:38 AM   #6412
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wild gopher
is it worth the money to add the centax clutch setup?
I have tried the Kuwahara centax & I wish I had saved the money. It worked fine but so did the AE set up.
soc123_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:16 PM   #6413
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Centax?

I like the centax for it's adjustment ability. I run on 3 very different tracks. I adjust a bit for all of them.

However, if you just run on one track, or very similar tracks, save your money for something else. I also wouldn't suggest the k-factory. It's become impossible for me to find 21 and 27 tooth gears to fit it. The kawahara uses the AE first gear, and the second gears are available at my lhs.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #6414
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to rpmmaxxed
Default First race with the FTTC3

Here is how it went down.

I got my tc3 in a trade on wednesday. Previous to the race, I had run 3 tanks on HPI slicks. The Sirio .12evo2 5port has 1 gallon on it, and It runs awesome.

I did not adjust my camber, toe-in, toe-out, and caster. I bolted up the foams that came with teh car( 35shore front, 40shore rear), and ran it.

1st heat,(qualifier), I was runnin to lean, and after having a 1 lap lead(i forgot how to spell), I Overheated, started it up again, and hit the track again. I ended up overheating 3 times, and 1 lap behind everyone.

2nd Heat, Entire car was running awesome, I was up 2 laps, and then i overheated again. I restarted, and got back on the track with still a one lap lead. Then, 3 laps later, my steering servo stripped, and at the same time my receiver pack died.(woopee). I ended this heat down 5 laps

Practice/ Break before A-Mains
After buying a new servo in the HS,(I forgot a spare) I was runnin the car after richening up the high end and after peaking my receiver pack, when my receiver pack totally dumped on me again. I brought the car in to find that ) the rear foams had lost their sidewalls. A guy that was pitting next to me threw me a near new set of foams to run, and I gladly accepted them.

I once again had to scrounge a charge off of someone since I do not have a quick charger for receiver packs( I have never had problems with the trinity 1150 before, I think one or more of the cells have gone) I hit the A-Main with only 650mah charged into it.

A-Main
I started off fairly well, and held a two lap lead for quite some time. after about 3 min, I felt the engine struggling, and sure enough it was chokin low on fuel. I pitted on my lead, and my dad quickly fueled me back up, and threw me back on the track. With my lead, I decided to take it easy, and drive careful since i had a lead anyway.

I ended up with a 7 second lead to the finish(roughly 1/2 lap ahead)

This was My first race with the Tc3, my first onroad race, and my second time driving the TC3. I can not beleive how quickly the car adapted to me. I was one with the car if I should say. It truly was awesome.

All in all, I had a super fun day at the track, and I cant wait till the next race.

BTW, I was in Nitro Sportsman class.
rpmmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:00 PM   #6415
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

does anyone knows where i can get the Version 2 suspension upgrade kit for a good price besides tower,ebay ?
thanks
Old 06-05-2004, 07:24 PM   #6416
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to zipzap, go to stomerhobbies.com
Old 06-05-2004, 07:24 PM   #6417
Tech Fanatic

stormerhobbies.com is the correct url
Old 06-05-2004, 07:38 PM   #6418
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

thanks for the info
Old 06-06-2004, 07:41 AM   #6419
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know the stock #'s for the Team factory NTC3 spur gears. Arent they suppose to be slightly different pitch for better acceleration and top speed?
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #6420
Tech Apprentice

The pitch of the gears is the same in FT NTC3, the gear ratio in the FT NTC3 is what most of the team drivers run so it comes that way from Associated.

Cody
FFR3582 is offline   Reply With Quote