R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-24-2004, 04:29 AM   #6316
Tech Addict

Default Transponder mount?

Who makes a nice transponder mount for the NTC3? I don't like using scrap pieces of lexan. I nice blue piece would be cool.
j240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:42 AM   #6317
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Serpent......transponder holder #1610...........drill 2 holes on the radio deck right next to the receiver pack and you are done...

Or S710's #1666 star shape carbon fiber transponder holder...drill 2 holes on the radio deck right next to the receiver pack and you are done.

However, mounting transponder at the side of the car is not what I really like....cars hit you from the side will trash your personal or the club's transponder, and they are not CHEAP to replace those transponder...

I custom made a carbon fiber piece and mount my personal in front of the front shock tower's hole....but only fit the AMB-it Personal....no house transponder will fit on the front.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:03 AM   #6318
Tech Apprentice

My first race in 2 1/2 years and first race with a NTC3 (used car that is converted to V2 rear end). I raced the first race at the new permanet track In Ft.Worth for the SouthWest series.

We had about 37 TC entered and I qualified 11th overall. Then i went on to win the B-main and bumped up to the A-main where I finished 6th after having some motor problems. My fastest lap was .75 seconds off of the best lap turned and I was WAY under powered with my old beat up mt12 motor and single chamber pipe. I was losing about 30 feet per lap on the straights to just about every car in the A-main. Once I get a new motor I expect to be putting a lot of pressure on the competition.

I was very happy with the car and it's performance.

Happy Racing
Cody
FFR3582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:12 AM   #6319
Tech Master

Congrats FFR3582
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:14 AM   #6320
ade
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default V2 Rear Suspension

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've been reading your post for quite a while now.

I have the new v2 suspension conversion kit and would like to install it but there are were no instruction included.

Can anyone help me with the correct set up on this.....tow, camber, track, and mounting locations on tower.

Is there a location to find an electronic version of the new NTC3 manual or a supplement for the new v2 suspension.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:22 AM   #6321
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default Re: V2 Rear Suspension

Quote:
Originally posted by ade
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've been reading your post for quite a while now.

I have the new v2 suspension conversion kit and would like to install it but there are were no instruction included.

Can anyone help me with the correct set up on this.....tow, camber, track, and mounting locations on tower.

Is there a location to find an electronic version of the new NTC3 manual or a supplement for the new v2 suspension.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
I think they have the manuel of the V2 conversion on AE site...and the droop is the only given answer per that manual, about the TOE and Camber........you can try 2 degree toe-in and 2 degree negative on camber..........V2 does create more traction on rear and a lot of us (including me) expereicen PUSHING when setup using 3 degree toe-in and -3 camber...........by trim them UP for 1 degree....I've got my steering back, by a little.

Stock mounting position of the camber link is the upper hole (amount all 3 location) with NO spacer between the link and hub.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:38 AM   #6322
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to jt6 Send a message via AIM to jt6

Here is a link to the V2 conversion instructions.
http://download.teamassociated.com/pdf/2319_upgrade.pdf
jt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #6323
ade
Tech Regular

Rookie Solara & jt6,

Thanks for everything. Is it really advantageous to switch to the v2 suspension?

It sounds like more of a hassle than its worth.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 05-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #6324
ade
Tech Regular

To adjust rear tow-in....do i just screw in the forward most pivot ball? Doesn't this throw off the track?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 05-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #6325
Tech Apprentice

Default V.2 Suspension

yes this is really worth your time to switch it over ... it is a much better suspension ...

ade

I measured everything out ... when using the tool to set track width on the new rear .. put it between the hub and the arm on the back pivot ball and adjust until it is tight but you can wiggle the adjuster free ... this left me at a track width of 196mm ... when I set the toe ( with the front pivot ball ) to -3* I ended up with at track width at the rear of the tire of 199.7mm ( gotta love digital calipers ) so there is no problem with track width ... I personally dont run any front toe in or out on my chassis so I always set the front track with my calipers rather than the tool ... the tool leaves you a little on the narrow side from what I have found ...

Rookie

I dont know what track you were on or if you just dont like a planted rear .. but I havent seen any push with -3* toe on the rear of the car ... just a very planted grippy feel ... might be our driving styles too ... I like to sweep in and out carrying speed ... I am not a dive in and snap type like some at the track I run at ... they all claim I am a road hog sweeping in like I do ... I;ll try going to -2* next time out and see how it feels ... might even reduce tire wear a little ... right now I am about even or wearing a little more in the rear thats with basically Pavidis's worlds set up except I run red springs all the way around and the ride height is a little higher .. 5.5mm front and 6mm rear and I dont run the sway bars

oh and on a side note .. I posted about being way over weight a while ago ... 1922 grams ... I found the issues ... the tires helped a little ... but the flywheel I was sold when purchasing my engine was totally wrong ... somehow I was given a steel flywheel rather than an aluminum one ... so the weight problem is fixed .. down to 1760 ready for tech inspectionstill wouldnt mind losing a few more grams .. but I dont want to lose too many and then have tire wear put me under at a big race ...

have fun racing

E
roddude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:48 PM   #6326
Tech Regular

I just started racing a NTC3 again and for the most part I really like it.Heres the only problem I see with it right now.How do you guys get the slop out of the steering?I really hate ball cups,are there alternatives?I have quite a bit of slop in my steering and would like to eliminate at least half of it.Thanks!!
fordman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:26 PM   #6327
Tech Apprentice

I would have to say replace the ball ends and the ball cups put all new on and see if the slop goes away ... I WOULDNT go to captured ball ends ( like on the camber links for the new rear suspension ) this would just transfer the forse of a crash elsewhere and possibly remove you from the race where a popped off ball link is a fast fix ... just my thoughts on it up front ... now in the rear for the toe adjustment ( if your still running the old rear end ) upgrade to the new rear ... its well worth it ....

have fun racing

E

Last edited by roddude65; 05-25-2004 at 01:11 AM.
roddude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:16 PM   #6328
ade
Tech Regular

roddude65,

Thanks for the great information. I'm going to instal the v2 rear suspension and see how it goes. So, I set the track with the rear ball and tow with the forward ball? Has there been any setup sheets posted at AE using the new suspension?

Thanks again.

Tony
Old 05-24-2004, 05:47 PM   #6329
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to speedydave Send a message via Yahoo to speedydave

I'm considering picking up a nitro tourer for summer, and I'm a huge AE fan, so I'm looking hard at the NTC3. I love Mugen, too (I run an MBX5, used to run an MBX4, and used to run an MST1), so I'm also looking at the MTX3 (probably ProSpec). I've been into RC for 6 1/2 years, and racing for about half that time, so I'm definitely not a newbie to racing or to the hobby in general (or to nitro..been running nitro for 2+ years). I have never actually raced onroad before, but I have driven several onroad cars.

I'm looking more at the NTC3 because of parts availability. However, I have a few questions. I know the updated version of the RTR as well as the FTNTC3 kit have the V2 suspension, but when will AE make the V2 rear suspension a running change for the standard kit? Also, what out of the FT kit is really necessary? I don't want to spend a ton on my car, just get what's needed/helpful to have. Would it make more sense to get the FT kit, or just get the standard kit and upgrade from there? The main thing that is turning me away from the FT kit (and from the NTC3 in general, if the rumors are true) is my concern for durability. Since the FT kit has full graphite, it'll be more brittle than the standard composite, and since this is my first venture into racing onroad, I don't think that's a very good thing. This is a big reason why I'm also looking into the MTX3. I know this is the NTC3 thread, so you're all a *little* biased ( ), but what do you guys think I should do?
speedydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:24 PM   #6330
Tech Apprentice

Default New herre

I am new to this site but not new to the NTC3. I had one of the first kits but later switched to the R40. Now I am back on the NTC3.

Has anyone found a rubber tire setup yet or is everyone still running foams?
WingZero is offline   Reply With Quote