R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #6241
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

AE just released the #2319 whole rear conversion kit to V2.....it should be a LHS sometime next week or week after. And the price is only $4 cheaper then you buy the whole rear conversion seperately....but still, cheaper.

Beside the point..............can ppl say the rear lower V2 arm is a little bit WEAK? I haven't have my V2 suspension arm installed yet but on last SUNDAY racing.......there were at least 3 FT NTC3 broke their left rear lower arm..........and sicne I don't have my shipment for the replacment arm, all I can offer is the old V1 suspension and they all ended convert the V2 back to V1 so they can race on....

What do you guys think..?
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:58 PM   #6242
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Booth

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Thank you guys, and now i know I have to stock 2 more cases (does FRONT cases same as the rear now...? Or they are different..?)

Trust me, I am not picking on you.....what is booth? Or it is typo for "BOTH"..? Just want to make sure I am reading the same thing.
Kind of quadruple "booth"... Booth lower and upper case, and booth front and back. Then I need to check our inventory if we have "booth" in stock (new and old) as they are on same # number... clear? Front and rear cases have always been same on NTC3 and TC3.
Niklas Edlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:01 PM   #6243
Tech Regular

Quote:
AE just released the #2319 whole rear conversion kit to V2.....it should be a LHS sometime next week or week after. And the price is only $4 cheaper then you buy the whole rear conversion seperately....but still, cheaper.
And how long ago did I tell you all about these # numbers and price...!?
Niklas Edlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:07 PM   #6244
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

front and rear are interchangable
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:06 PM   #6245
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
And how long ago did I tell you all about these # numbers and price...!?
Hee hee, thanks....and of course, I am in no position compare to you regarding all the latest AE information.....it is just that US just recieved this parts and the price.....

Make me wondering.... AMERICAN product released in oversea and Europe EARILER then AMERICA.......I know HK has the #2319 2 weeks ago....and I am still waiting for mine.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:07 PM   #6246
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by thomasf
front and rear are interchangable
Thanks.........that is the beauty of the NTC3, 1 set of parts is good for FRONT or REAR......too bad now I cannot use the front steering hub for the new V2 rear....
Old 05-08-2004, 12:57 AM   #6247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Beside the point..............can ppl say the rear lower V2 arm is a little bit WEAK? I haven't have my V2 suspension arm installed yet but on last SUNDAY racing.......there were at least 3 FT NTC3 broke their left rear lower arm..........and sicne I don't have my shipment for the replacment arm, all I can offer is the old V1 suspension and they all ended convert the V2 back to V1 so they can race on....

I broke my rear arm the first day I tested it. It was due to a bad freq glitch and my car flew 3 feet into the air and landed on the right rear wheel which bent the rear hinge pin and broke the arm at the hinge. I think the rear arm is just as strong as the front arm. In fact I think if any other cars was in the same crash, they would have either broke the arm or the bulkhead. The handling with the V2 has improve greatly, turns in better and faster.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:53 PM   #6248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Do any of you guys loctite or superglue the rear diff rings or are you supposed to leave them dry?

Thanks,
Paul
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:34 PM   #6249
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo put a dot of diff lube on the back of each one an spread it around than stick it to the outdrive, that is it. when they wear, and you need to rebuild, you can turn them over....
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:26 AM   #6250
Tech Apprentice

What is the weight of a NTC3 ready to race "team version". How does it compare to say a MTX3 or the new serpent car?

I have just rebuilt a used car and upgraded it to the V2 rear. I am thinking about titanium pivot balls to increase strength and cut weight. Has anyone bent a AE or Lunsford titanium pivot ball on their NTC3?

Cody
FFR3582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:55 AM   #6251
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have bent the AE ti balls in the front arms, what I did was put mugen pillow balls, you have to drill out the arms a little bit. It will take away some of your steering, but if you run a one way, you will have more than enough steering.
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:11 PM   #6252
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Mugen pivot balls up front do work well if you like to tap the boards a little too much.
The problem with them, apart from having to drill out the arm, is that the larger shaft diameter will interfere with the hubs sooner than the stock pivot ball shaft.
This is why they take away some steering. They will also take away some of the up/down travel so that with smaller diameter tires you may not have any droop.

I've ended up just staying with the standard pivots and keeping off the boards. I only bent a few last season and check them after every run when I've had any contact. The AE titanium ones bend very easily so I don't bother. The Lunsford ones, I found. were a little undersized and wouldn't hold their settings very well.
snemi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:38 PM   #6253
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by snemi00
The Lunsford ones, I found. were a little undersized and wouldn't hold their settings very well.
True...they can be screwed into the arms just by using both your fingers. Anyone planning to get the Lundsford balls had better match them with new arms. That'll make them fit a little better, but they are loose in the hubs...WAY LOOSE!
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:00 AM   #6254
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by FFR3582
What is the weight of a NTC3 ready to race "team version". How does it compare to say a MTX3 or the new serpent car?
I just built up a new Factory Team NTC3 for the Speedline and it was just barely over the 1725g ROAR minimum weight limit on their tech scale. The kit was straight out of the box except shock oil and springs, plus usual necessary extras: Airtronics electronics, Werks/Picco XP12 w/ turbo plug, Integy small round air filter, Kawahara Centax clutch, Peak 5x1200 battery, AMB personal transponder, Protoform 2.1 Stratus body, Integy clamping hex hubs, Enneti foams on dish. The car is Ti-free and just scrapped by the weight limit.

Quote:
I have just rebuilt a used car and upgraded it to the V2 rear. I am thinking about titanium pivot balls to increase strength and cut weight. Has anyone bent a AE or Lunsford titanium pivot ball on their NTC3?
I have tried the Ti pillow balls and IMHO they are a waste of your hard earned money. You definitely don’t need to lighten the car (unless your club doesn’t have any weight rules) and they are just as prone to bending/breaking as the much less expensive steel version. Your mileage may vary.
seamus0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:08 AM   #6255
Tech Adept

Quote:

The old design collapsed the ballcup on a hard impact, which undoubtedly saved many rear arms, at the expense of an odd handling car the rest of the race. The new design doesn’t have this “feature” and the full impact is directed straight to the lower arm. The benefit to the v2 rear arm is it eliminates the on-power “rear chatter” and it takes a harder hit to do damage… unfortunately the damage is more likely to be fatal.
seamus0g is offline   Reply With Quote