R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #6181
Tech Regular

Dont forgett the 4 huge boxes of tax-free bear we brung... But it was a fun race, remember the 2 guys I had with me? jesus... One got a sick-dagger with him home though... yeph, it ended it with his girlfriend.
Niklas Edlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 05:19 PM   #6182
Tech Initiate

whats the scoop on the "AE Fix"??????

part numbers????

TIA scott
scottericsonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:36 AM   #6183
Tech Regular

Default Re: AEfix (page 195/196 in this thread)

Quote:
Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
For those of U that have problems with the shocktowers coming loose and/or threads are stipping in the boxes. There is an "commersial" version from BMI racing available (www.bmiracing.com) but its very easy to make one with 99% AE parts. The RC12L3/L4 chassi standoffs #4442B are 100% the right hight as they come. Just downsize one of its end to about 4.5mm and epoxy glue (JB Quick) an 4-40 socket steel screw together with an AE #4 aluminium washer. Look at the picture. Then take a 5mm drill and open up the hole in the shocktower that originally is just there for reaching the std 4-40 screw. Use 1.25" countersunk steel screws and run them all the way from the bottom through the chassi and lower and upper gearboxes. Use the "AEfix" assembly and tighten it down from the top, use some blue locktite.

To the left in the picture are the BMI "The fix" posts.
Go back to page 196 - I started to show some tips on the new FT with V2 suspension from there onwards. Check also the post after the above for another picture.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:45 AM   #6184
Tech Initiate

got it

thanx scott
scottericsonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:46 AM   #6185
Tech Fanatic

Default New rear suspension conversion

My apologies if this has been covered already but I haven't been reading this thread.

Does anyone have a list of part numbers for the parts needed to convert the original NTC3 rear suspension to the new one (tower, arms, hubs, links, etc)? Thanks!
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #6186
Tech Regular

I know, to many pages to read through... You're not the first to ask... No worries, go to page 195 in this thread and you'll find the # numbers you're looking for.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:38 PM   #6187
Tech Fanatic

Thanks. Is anyone selling the conversion #2319 online? I can find most but not all of the parts individually.
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:26 PM   #6188
Tech Initiate

Default v2 CONVERSION PARTS

I got the V2 parts directly from Associated and they didn't have the 2319 kit available yet, just the individual parts.

I did notice a big difference when I raced it today with the new V2 rear end. The track was very slipery but even so I was able to carry a lot more speed into and through the corners than I could have before. Much less high speed front end push.

Took second in both qualifiers and second in the A main for gas expert. The guy who took first always does, he's been racing rc cars since I was about 5. He runs three classes, and wins them all so I son't feell too bad.

The conversion is worth it, a noticable difference!
DMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #6189
Tech Initiate

Does anyone make stronger diff gears for the ntc3 than the stock assoc. ones? Last two times out, I have stripped the teeth on the front bevel gear. Thanks.
nitromike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #6190
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

niklas, I like your solution to the shock tower, but I am looking for something that is simpler, does this "fix" deal work? If so do you or anyone else have a link to how I can order one?

Thanks! I've enjoyed keeping up with all the great information on this thread.

racer-oZ
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #6191
Tech Master

LOL... Okay, I looked too far back and didn't realize you had posted the bmi website right above but when I went to the site I couldn't see any part number or pix of the fix... I'll call them and see what the deal is. Thanks guys!

racer-oZ
Old 04-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #6192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Ken: this link should get you the info we need...order two...lol

Jeff

http://www.bmiracing.com/products2.htm
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:45 AM   #6193
Tech Master

Jeff, got two on order, will be here Thursday. The site is a little confusing, you have to scroll down to where it says more bmi products and click it to get more pix.

Here is the fix

http://www.bmiracing.com/images/fix.gif

racer-oZ
Old 04-26-2004, 08:49 AM   #6194
Tech Regular

Do note, the BMI "the fix" does not work on the rear version 2 suspension though, only on the front. If you have the old suspension, it works on booth ends though. You had noticed that you can do the fix yourself with mostly AE parts right? But of course the BMI ones are a true bolt on.

My latest published thread fix is for the version 2 rear box. Im not 100% shure it will work though. If you have "old" suspension or want to fix the stripping of threads on the front - then the "AEfix" or BMI "The fix" a better solution. At least way easier to do.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:20 AM   #6195

Quote:
Originally posted by seamus0g
The advantage is that a Centax clutch is infinitely adjustable, and can be adjusted even while installed in the car. Also, some would argue that they do launch harder. Downside is they are complicated and you have to know how to set one up or you can run into all sorts of problems. I'm not sure the price justifies the advantages, but personally I prefer it to the stock shoe clutch.
I was told two years ago at Winternats that AE tested all the centax clutches available and their conclusion was that none had enough surface area to be better. I would personally prefer lubing a thrust bearing to replacing, cutting and drilling clutch shoes though.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote