Old 04-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #6091
Tech Apprentice

K Thanks a bunch man ..

Feckin instructions r messin us noobs up
Skoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:35 PM   #6092
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

correct, infact, whre your number 2 is is no longer a hole, it is sealed and if you put it there you will get no back pressure and blow yuour engine...so that is a negative....i wish my car looked EXACTLY like that picture...
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #6093
Tech Apprentice

Bah, i had it there for less than 45seconds total while i was first testing out the car to see if it would go..

Right now i my receiver batteries are charging, i couldn't wait for the new plugs to get here, so i stripped just a tiny part of the adapter wire (not the actual battery wire, that isn't as easiyl replaceable) and hooked up some alligator clips, gg's to that

I also, before my receiver battery died, changed the fuel tubing to the one on top of the tank, the washer effect seemed to lessen A LOT, compared to what i was getting, so i think hat was one of the problems, i'm sitll going to get some more o-rings though and put two on each hole..

Last question that i have is, the engine is supposed to be able to run when you put it on the ground and it doesn't move right?..i had it movin real slow, and was going to adjust the trim but then my receiver battery gave out so i couldn't change anything..

Just want to make sure ..

How long do you normally keep the glow plug lighter on the glow plug? just while you start the engine or do you let it sit for a minute then start the engine or what?
Old 04-16-2004, 02:25 PM   #6094
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Are you new in nitro...? I am not making fun of you, but you seems to ask a lot of newbie nitro question and obvously a lot of newbie NTC3 question...

OK...check your OLD pressure nipple that you were mistakenly plugged into...make sure it is still SEALED, otherwise, you will need a new tank....the pressure line is coming from the top of the cap to the duel chamber....I can't believe the FT kit manual still gives you the wrong info....there should be a addendum inside, you might forgot to read that note...

2nd...if your car is moving slower while the enigne is running and the car is at idle position, your IDEL speed needle is set too far OPEN, trim iit down a little so LESS air is coming into the engine...but not too much that clossed the carb, then the engine will die out.........as long as the engine is running but the car is not moving, that is the correct position of the idle speed.

Last...no, you should not need to leave the glow plug igniter ON the plug after the engine is started...remove that immediately or you will overheat the plug and eventually burned the plug. And if your engine needles set correctly, once you drop the lighter onto the plug, put your car on starter box, and light up the engine...and you engine shoudl start immediately...you don't have to plug the lighter onto the plug to WARM the plug before starting the engine....if your plug is good, it should be RED HOT and should light up the engine immediately.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #6095
Tech Apprentice

Yes i am new to nitro, and nope there weren't any notes, just like 5 bussiness lil post card deals to send back to AE, a catalog and the instruction booklet and the stickers..

I'm about to get it set up perfectly before i leave for the weekend, and again thanks for the help
Old 04-16-2004, 03:42 PM   #6096
Tech Regular

Default Videos

Check out our videos from the European Champs last year in Portugal. It was a huge track and really, really hot.

http://www.teamspeed95.nu/IMAGES/PortugalEMBana.wmv
http://www.teamspeed95.nu/IMAGES/PortugalEM-1.wmv
http://www.teamspeed95.nu/IMAGES/PortugalEM-2.wmv
Niklas Edlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #6097
Tech Regular

Default Gears

Rokkie: in Portugal we used 22/54 (31.7 roll-out on first speed) and 26/50 (40.5 roll-out on second). Thats a 4 tooth split on booth - it worked worked fine anyway. Hard to adjust the 2-speed engage point though (hard to hear and see the point where it shifts), because of it so close between the gear ratios (the shoes doesnt engage that hard). Awesome punch out of middle to fast corners though...
Old 04-16-2004, 03:57 PM   #6098
Tech Elite

looks good nick, except you were getting out motored on the straight!!! if that was your orange car..
Old 04-16-2004, 04:08 PM   #6099
Tech Regular

No, in the last film of the main final its me behind the camera. That orange car is Bakers car that Craig Drescher drove (my friend Niklas Håkansson drove my car at the euros and it was orange also). You can see Barry wrenching for him and Andrea Rossi also (Sirio). The body was spraycan painted and mounted by me on location though. The yellow car in #1 spot is Salven with his old S705. The second place car in the begining of the final is a finish dude with an Mugen - he didnt last long though. Salven (S705/NovaMega) won and Craig (NTC3/Sirio) came second.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:06 PM   #6100
Tech Elite

ahh, why was drescher driving bakers car? why wasn't baker driving?
Old 04-16-2004, 08:04 PM   #6101
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone give me some good suggestions on a new engine.
I currently have a NS12S3 but need a new head button, and can't find one. So until I do I need to find another engine to run. (my son is using my spare MT12.) Anyway I run a NTC3 on a medium to high bit track that has about a 150 foot straight and usually a pretty tight infield. The track is about 50 feet wide. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

TEd
nitro rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:34 AM   #6102
Tech Regular

Tally: it was the european champs - U need an Efra licens and only europeans can have that...
Old 04-17-2004, 04:33 AM   #6103
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Aeon Racer

My goodness... That track is a dream come true. I need to move to Europe, sheesh. I would like to see something even HALF as good as that here in Arizona. Some of you guys are just entirely too spoiled! Heh.
Aeon Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #6104
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
The second place car in the begining of the final is a finish dude with an Mugen - he didnt last long though.
That Finish dude with the Mugen was Teemu Saarinen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
Salven (S705/NovaMega) won and Craig (NTC3/Sirio) came second.
I didn't know that a Sirio was used on Craig's / Barry's car...

If that were the case, I do not understand why 22/54 was chosen because Sirios tend to have weaker bottom end compared to Novas... I may be wrong but if it was me, I would gear down to 21/54 or even 20/54 and end up something like 25/50 to take advantage of the superb high end of the Sirio engines...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #6105
Tech Regular

Who said that they (Craig/Barry) used 22/54...?

We used that gearing though & with me I mean me as a mechanic and Niklas Håkansson as a driver... Craig/Barry did use a Sirio though at the end.