R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-31-2004, 05:19 AM   #5731
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default upgrades

i went to ae website and i couldn't find any info on the upgrades rear suspension and 2speed . where is it.?
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:26 AM   #5732
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to RC_Seller
Default Re: upgrades

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzuguy
i went to ae website and i couldn't find any info on the upgrades rear suspension and 2speed . where is it.?
It is the NTC3 info. They don't say anything about the NEW car or anythying. Just go to the info on the NTC3 and look closely at the photos.
RC_Seller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:34 AM   #5733
Tech Apprentice

Go to the website and click on the "ALL KITS" button.... then click on the NTC3....... scroll down the page and youll find it there.
FirstLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:35 AM   #5734
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to frank13

it isnt a "new car" it is the same ntc3 with a revised rear end ,and with the factory eam specs on it ,

frank13
frank13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:37 AM   #5735
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by frank13
it isnt a "new car" it is the same ntc3 with a revised rear end ,and with the factory eam specs on it ,

frank13
No it's NOT new, but you'd think AE would at least make some noise about it!

The trans is supposed to be new as well. But it looks the same to me.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:39 AM   #5736

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I worked with Jay at BMI on the BMI chassis, the chassis has less CG than the stock chassis. The weight of the steering servo has been counter weighted with the chassis, so no effect on CG with the servo in the upright postiton.

RC- Seller: Sweet car! I'd advise you, since that's a Gen 1 chassis to remove the alum receiver tray and have it spot welded in the sides where it comes together. This will strengthen the box so it won't collapse as easy. The way it is one good hit in the side and the tray&driveshaft are toast. ( been there, done that.)
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:52 AM   #5737
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know the part numbers for the new rear suspension... and the two-speed tranny?
FirstLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 01:22 PM   #5738
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
I worked with Jay at BMI on the BMI chassis, the chassis has less CG than the stock chassis. The weight of the steering servo has been counter weighted with the chassis, so no effect on CG with the servo in the upright postiton.

RC- Seller: Sweet car! I'd advise you, since that's a Gen 1 chassis to remove the alum receiver tray and have it spot welded in the sides where it comes together. This will strengthen the box so it won't collapse as easy. The way it is one good hit in the side and the tray&driveshaft are toast. ( been there, done that.)
I had no idea anyone other than Bob Astarita (designer of "The Fix" for the NTC3) had any input on the BMI NTC3 chassis with Jason. That's cool.

And you are right, this is a G1, in fact it was Jason's personal G1 chassis. I race with Jason from time to time, but since he has been focusing on his electric TC3 CF kits, and he primarily runs at a track I don't care to visit, I haven't had a chance to show him how fast his chassis could have been!!!! (But he can see the race results online, hehehehehe!)
Old 01-31-2004, 09:19 PM   #5739
Tech Apprentice

johnsoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:56 AM   #5740

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I talk with Jason quite a bit. I have all th hop ups for the car and I bought the first Gen1 chassis. So with all the hop ups I could tell Jay what worked and what did'nt work with the Gen 1, such as engine and clutch combo's. I had trouble with different engines and gear mesh with a centax problems and getting the K factory tank to clear the exhaust with the Gen 1, I had to make 3 different sets of engine mounts for the engines. Plus, I thought the Gen 1 was alittlle on the heavy side , so with my input and all the others here with the Gen 1 , Jay came up with the Gen 2. Don't get me wrong I have both chassis and they are both great! I just think the Gen 2 being lighter is better.

Hmm! I thought Jay was top dog with the chassis, wait till I talk to him again! LOL Better watch out Jay has some serious HP now, let's see if he can plant it to the ground! BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:41 AM   #5741
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
I talk with Jason quite a bit. I have all th hop ups for the car and I bought the first Gen1 chassis. So with all the hop ups I could tell Jay what worked and what did'nt work with the Gen 1, such as engine and clutch combo's. I had trouble with different engines and gear mesh with a centax problems and getting the K factory tank to clear the exhaust with the Gen 1, I had to make 3 different sets of engine mounts for the engines. Plus, I thought the Gen 1 was alittlle on the heavy side , so with my input and all the others here with the Gen 1 , Jay came up with the Gen 2. Don't get me wrong I have both chassis and they are both great! I just think the Gen 2 being lighter is better.

Hmm! I thought Jay was top dog with the chassis, wait till I talk to him again! LOL Better watch out Jay has some serious HP now, let's see if he can plant it to the ground! BB
He had some serious power before he got those Richey motors from you! He has my old NOVAROSSI RS12T5S1, which he can tell you was easily the fastest motor he's ever seen to that point. All those guys always wondered what motor I had or what I had done to it. Don't know why it ran so well, it was bone stock out of the box, on 20% and there was not another car that I had run with that could catch it in sheer acceleration. Sure other guys had better handling cars or were better drivers, but on the straight, it was all over but the crying, I could catch anyone of them.

I have heard people saying stuff about gear mesh, centaxes etc with the Gen1. I ran a KAWAHARA centax on the car (Gen1) with the low cg mounts with no troubles, I also just switched to a 3 shoe with 20/24 pinions on the same mounts with no troubles. I have also used all stock spurs (48,50,52,54) and never ran into any troubles.

The KFactory tank even has issues on the stock chassis, and most folks won't mess with it anyway, $40 can be better spent than on a fuel tank!

As far as being heavy, yeah it's what 100grams heavier than the G2? Only guys like yourself can notice that, I doubt I could.

And finally, yeah Jason is fast in Nitro, no question, but while he was working and developing his electric car, I have really found an excellent set-up and wound up dropping the track record by half a second on 4 blown AE shocks. Obviously there is more there, I'd be willing to say at least another half second without much effort (good shocks with oil in them!!!), beyond that it's all the little microscopic things that will add up.

Ask Blazin Bob how well my G1 runs! Even with that little dinky motor in it!
Old 02-01-2004, 08:59 AM   #5742
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ahhh,i see how it is punk
i dont come down for a few weeks and now im a has been.we will see
i have my ntc3 ready to go after about a week of going over everything and making sure everything is right.
yeah john,that nova rossi is fu????? fast as hell.i needed a 3 port though and bb gave me the hook up for one.now i have a ripping 5 port and a ripping 3 port.you gotta love it.
back to the smack talk you mine punk,you mine
i will give you a call later dude,i may be picking up a new car today so i may be out for a while.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #5743
Tech Apprentice

I'll be changing to a different car if the diff gears are still the same.

burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:38 AM   #5744
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to NitroBoy24

I need help!!!!

I installed the 2-speed on my ntc3 yesterday but it wont shift out of first gear!! Ive got a few questions:

1. When you roll the car should the spur gears not move?? Mine wont move unless the clutchbells are moving. I think its because the 2-speed has a different clutch setup though.

2. When the car is moving should both spur gears and clutch bells be moving?? Both of mine move when the car is running...

3. What should I do?? We've adjusted the shift points and it still wont work.

Any other help will be appreciated
NitroBoy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #5745
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
ahhh,i see how it is punk
i dont come down for a few weeks and now im a has been.we will see
i have my ntc3 ready to go after about a week of going over everything and making sure everything is right.
yeah john,that nova rossi is fu????? fast as hell.i needed a 3 port though and bb gave me the hook up for one.now i have a ripping 5 port and a ripping 3 port.you gotta love it.
back to the smack talk you mine punk,you mine
i will give you a call later dude,i may be picking up a new car today so i may be out for a while.

Hahahahahaha!

I knew you'd come out of hibernation soon enough!!!
But I don't know about all that smack... I have a secret weapon... If I can't beat you, I 'll crush your car, look how tiny my BMI car looks in front of that real race car!!!

Last edited by RC_Seller; 02-01-2004 at 12:16 PM.