Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default almost forgot

this week was my latest race,, and al i can say

slow is very fast

i concentrated on two things this weekend

break before i turn , what a diff in handling

and stay off the boards at all cost, ---did my best , but i am not that great yet,,

but i slowed to a pace at my level of driving and actual did 2 full laps more than my previous best ,, --i did this by goin slower ,, :O) my best advice to new guys , stay off the breaks in teh corners--break only in a staight line ,, tap gas as you hit the apex, and then get on the gas,, worked for me , took three days of practice to get used to it ,
Old 10-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by frank13
if the caps are a race day or two old , replace tehm , should help ya ,, if they are new, i dont know, never had the problem , but i know when my caps got a lil play , i replaced them and whanno ,, good as new,
found out that the wear is on the steering hub, even when I replace new cups, there is some freeplay. I hope AE does come out with some retaining nut steering hub.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

I've always had some degree of play in my pivot balls. I've not found it to be a big problem.

If it's a problem, take some plastic cellophane (like the plastic bag that parts come in) and punch the ball-shaft through it, and then put it through the carrier and then assemble. It will act as a low friction "lining" that will give you a bit of leeway.

I used to do that with ball caps, at a race when I didn't want to re-do my linkages (and then all the measurements, etc.) as a quick "snugging" - lay the plastic over the ball stud, then snap the cup on, leaving a bit in the cup. . .worked wonders for a short time. . .

But I've never bothered with it. These things aren't like your axles where a little play is a BIG thing. . .there isn't a huge range of motion.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spawn
found out that the wear is on the steering hub, even when I replace new cups, there is some freeplay. I hope AE does come out with some retaining nut steering hub.
What are you meaning, exactly? Which part?
Old 10-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Hey boomer, whats up?

Hey do you race at Revelation Raceway? I used to work there durring the summer. I live in Upland by the Rock corry on 19th street. Where do you live in claremont?

Later,

Dust
Old 10-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Boomer
What are you meaning, exactly? Which part?
thanks for the solution by puttin the bag at the part where the pivot ball touches the steering hub. I will try it out.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Dust
Hey boomer, whats up?

Hey do you race at Revelation Raceway? I used to work there durring the summer. I live in Upland by the Rock corry on 19th street. Where do you live in claremont?

Later,

Dust
I do once a month - I'm one of the Pan Car Guys (tm) and I also run a NTC3 (now with BMI chassis)

I live right next to the Claremont Colleges (I work at CMC)
Old 10-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hey frank I know you were racing last weekend at Pimpfest... what kind of setup did you have on your car there? I'm just curious.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by spawn
thanks for the solution by puttin the bag at the part where the pivot ball touches the steering hub. I will try it out.
ehhh... SPAWN... u also in TC3 eh... today i just build my TC3 la.... that is why this is my first time go in here... have a look... hope to read all the thread so that i know what happen around the world of TC3....

mop
Old 11-02-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

welcom to the board mop. i can tell you if you need to know somthing it is on here and there are several great guys that post on here that can help you any time. good luck with the ntc3

wvracer
Old 11-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mop_iko
ehhh... SPAWN... u also in TC3 eh... today i just build my TC3 la.... that is why this is my first time go in here... have a look... hope to read all the thread so that i know what happen around the world of TC3....

mop
oh yes!, pretty good car, I like the layout since I also used to have the eTC3. Need any help?, get the RDlogics turbo pipe for NTC3, you wont regret, also try to tread in the pillow balls and use the pillow ball tool to have the std gap on top rather than the bottom pillow ball, makes your TC3 stronger....
Old 11-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Boomer, When you said you work at (CMC) do you mean the colleges. I am trying to get in Harvey Mudd, but I need BETTER SAT scores! I have good grades, but SAT's are making me look (really dumb)

Glad to know there are racers close by.

Nice to meet you!

Later DUST
Old 11-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Dust - yes, CMC is one of the colleges. Yeah, HMC takes really high SAT's, so does CMC and Pomona. . .

Spawn, you do realize that if you space the TOP of the arm, you'll leave the BOTTOM longer, making it weaker and making the car wider than 200mm and, thus, not legal for any sanctioned races? In any country?

The tool that AE provided is designed to set the bottom of the car at 200mm, then, since you use negative camber, the top of the wheels are at less than 200mm.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Boomer
Spawn, you do realize that if you space the TOP of the arm, you'll leave the BOTTOM longer, making it weaker and making the car wider than 200mm and, thus, not legal for any sanctioned races? In any country?
Spawn is from Aus ... they do things a little upside down there! Hahahahaaa ...
Old 11-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default hey flash

well the setup i used at alpine is pretty basic,

red fronts ,
gold rear springs
3 degrees neg toe and camber rear
1degree toein front , also 2 camber

caster clip on each side
stock 5.5 ride height , i have the looser of the springs in the steering rack right now,
diffsare set at factory setups,

26mm tires front 40s
30 mm tires rear also 40s(i did run 26mm in practice, but i wanted to plant the rear a lil more, took a few laps to get used to it though)

worked pretty well , i am not one of the fast guys yet ,, but will be by next year

andplease dont listen to the guys at the track who talk crap about the ntc3 --they are full of it ,, i make it a point not to run any trinity part on my car , lol

did you race at pimpfest ?

if you race at alpine come on over and say hi ,,,,,

frank13

ps ---i also still haev the gt for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.